Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24.02.2020, 16:06
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
EricaBlack has no particular reputation at present
Switching from family reunification permit to work permit for non-eu

Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask if anyone has an experience or any knowledge about switching from family reunification permit (B, 5 years) to the work one.

I am non-eu and came to switzerland with my eu spouse 1,5 years ago. My spouse got a contract, and I found a job in IT company shortly after. Now my husband wants a divorce, it is extremely painful and hard for me. I've tried hard but seems there is no way to save our marriage, he said he has someone else now. I am losing both my closest friend and partner, and all my life here, because even though I am employed I am using privileges of being employed as a spouse of EU citizen and if we divorce my permit will be revoked.

I know about the rule that as non-eu I can keep my permit if I am able to prove that I am integrated after 3 years of marriage in Switzerland. It is not the case, our marriage here is 1.5 years.
Also I know that if a swiss company wants to employ a non-eu person they need to publish a job for few months and prove that they could’t find anyone who fits better than me.

I called Migrationsamt and they could’t give more detailed information anything except that my company should apply for a permit for me. But does it mean I should stop working for the time when they are looking for the replacement for me?
Could it be considered as a reason to go through a slightly difference process of getting permit as if I were living outside of eu now?

If it matters: I speak decent German (C1 certificate) and got hobbies here, the circle of friends both expats and swiss, and I am a member of one Verein. I also got a bachelor degree (from back at my home country) and 4 years of work experience (1 year is in ZH)

If you have any thoughts or advices or any experience I would be happy.


b permit, family reunification, non eu

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Family reunification with EU-spouse for non-EU wife: work permit? chrysalide Permits/visas/government 2 27.01.2015 17:12
Family Reunification without a work permit elvishsu66 Permits/visas/government 13 20.12.2013 21:11
Would previous work permit rejection have an impact on Family Reunification Visa? Titanium009 Permits/visas/government 4 09.04.2013 16:14
Family reunification on L (EU) permit chruss Permits/visas/government 7 08.01.2012 09:16
Does a family reunification visa (residence permit) allow you to work? eheersink Permits/visas/government 10 10.10.2010 16:00

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:49.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0