Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31.03.2020, 16:15
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Thalwil, ZH
Posts: 21
Groaned at 3 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
yotam has no particular reputation at present
Permit B - living in a different canton?


Can I hold a permit B (I am not a Swiss/EU/EFTA national) from Vaud and live in canton Zurich?

I am asking because I am in the process of moving from being a postdoctorant at EPFL to working for a company in Zurich. I have a B permit from EPFL. The company in Zurich is applying for a permit for me with the Zurich migration office and I will start there once the permit is approved. However, this may take some time due to the coronavirus situation (the migration office assured me that they are issuing permits though).

The problem is that we want to move to Zurich area in the summer, regardless of my employment situation, since my son goes to school and we also need to vacate our current apartment.

So we don't know whether it is ok that we rent an apartment in Zurich starting the summer, and move into it even if we do not have the new permits yet. Our old permits from Vaud will remain valid until I switch employers.

I asked the Zurich migration office and they did not know the answer. Referred me to the Vaud migration office which I was unable to talk to so far.

Anyone here knows the rules or has related experience?

Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
will change of canton for health insurance affect work permit's canton? neutralname Permits/visas/government 6 23.09.2019 12:59
Asking for C settlement permit for non-EU citizents (canton Zürich/canton Aargau) milivojevatrogasac Permits/visas/government 10 16.01.2018 02:06
Can employer in one canton ask for work permit from another canton? Patriciaj Permits/visas/government 7 04.12.2013 05:26
Living in a different Canton than you work and first work permit reza_p_o Permits/visas/government 1 22.11.2013 23:21
TAX - B-permit Working in Geneva, living in canton de Vaud Rontary Finance/banking/taxation 3 03.02.2011 20:54

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 15:59.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0