Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08.07.2020, 21:31
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 9
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
dsne has no particular reputation at present
Dependent permit in Solothurn?

Hello everyone!

I'm an EU citizen, currently living in Switzerland on a dependent B permit through my boyfriend. We're moving to Solothurn next month, and since I'll have to get my permit renewed in a few months, I'm wondering if anyone knows how dependent permits work there?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08.07.2020, 21:52
3Wishes's Avatar
Moderately Amused
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bern area
Posts: 11,144
Groaned at 87 Times in 83 Posts
Thanked 18,844 Times in 8,390 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dependent permit in Solothurn?

Welcome to the Forum.. It sounds like you're presently on a dependent concubine permit. I did a quick google search and it looks like Solothurn does allow those permits. Not all cantons do.

You'll do the same as you did for the first permit. Register at the local municipality with the proper documentation. That includes work contract, your rental agreement, and perhaps a statement where he's agreed to be financially responsible for you for 5 years even if the relationship doesn't work out.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09.07.2020, 11:02
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 9
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
dsne has no particular reputation at present
Re: Dependent permit in Solothurn?

Quote:
View Post
Welcome to the Forum.. It sounds like you're presently on a dependent concubine permit. I did a quick google search and it looks like Solothurn does allow those permits. Not all cantons do.

You'll do the same as you did for the first permit. Register at the local municipality with the proper documentation. That includes work contract, your rental agreement, and perhaps a statement where he's agreed to be financially responsible for you for 5 years even if the relationship doesn't work out.
Thanks a lot for your answer! Exactly, I have a concubine permit, and was just afraid that Solothurn wouldn't allow them and what to do in that case, but I hope it will be fine then :-)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10.07.2020, 00:07
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Zurich
Posts: 31
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
arimi has no particular reputation at present
Re: Dependent permit in Solothurn?

Quote:
View Post
Thanks a lot for your answer! Exactly, I have a concubine permit, and was just afraid that Solothurn wouldn't allow them and what to do in that case, but I hope it will be fine then :-)
A bit off topic, but how did you get your concubine permit? How to successfully get a concubine permit seems to be one of the biggest mysteries on this Forum! What were the requirements (e.g. how many years of relationships, what kind of proofs, etc.) and how long did it take you to get it? Would love to hear you share your experience!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10.07.2020, 12:16
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 9
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
dsne has no particular reputation at present
Re: Dependent permit in Solothurn?

Quote:
View Post
A bit off topic, but how did you get your concubine permit? How to successfully get a concubine permit seems to be one of the biggest mysteries on this Forum! What were the requirements (e.g. how many years of relationships, what kind of proofs, etc.) and how long did it take you to get it? Would love to hear you share your experience!
Honestly, most of the people from the migration office haven't even seemed familiar with how it works, at least in the cantons where we've lived, and we've gotten different information from every person we talked to.

I can't remember all the documents we had to send them, but it was more than a hundred pages about our incomes during the past years, our apartment, bank statements, criminal records, details about my student loan, etc. They didn't care about how long we'd been together for, but my boyfriend had to sign a document stating that he'd cover all costs up to 50.000 chf for me.

All in all, it was a bit complicated but definitely possible, and I think the whole process took us around three months. As I'm an EU citizen, I was also able to stay in Switzerland while they were processing the application :-)
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank dsne for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 10.07.2020, 13:12
3Wishes's Avatar
Moderately Amused
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bern area
Posts: 11,144
Groaned at 87 Times in 83 Posts
Thanked 18,844 Times in 8,390 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dependent permit in Solothurn?

Quote:
View Post
A bit off topic, but how did you get your concubine permit? How to successfully get a concubine permit seems to be one of the biggest mysteries on this Forum! What were the requirements (e.g. how many years of relationships, what kind of proofs, etc.) and how long did it take you to get it? Would love to hear you share your experience!
I did a search for permis concubine Lausanne and came up with this page:
https://www.vd.ch/themes/population/...s-du-concubin/

It's the first time I've ever found a list. Sounds similar to what dsne said above.

Quote:
View Post
Honestly, most of the people from the migration office haven't even seemed familiar with how it works, at least in the cantons where we've lived, and we've gotten different information from every person we talked to...
Part of the issue is that not all cantons seem to offer this type of permit and it doesn't seem very common even in cantons that do offer it. As with every permit question, it seems to depend on which person you speak to and phase of the moon or something.

Thanks for sharing your experience!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11.07.2020, 12:31
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Zurich
Posts: 31
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
arimi has no particular reputation at present
Re: Dependent permit in Solothurn?

Quote:
View Post
Honestly, most of the people from the migration office haven't even seemed familiar with how it works, at least in the cantons where we've lived, and we've gotten different information from every person we talked to.

I can't remember all the documents we had to send them, but it was more than a hundred pages about our incomes during the past years, our apartment, bank statements, criminal records, details about my student loan, etc. They didn't care about how long we'd been together for, but my boyfriend had to sign a document stating that he'd cover all costs up to 50.000 chf for me.

All in all, it was a bit complicated but definitely possible, and I think the whole process took us around three months. As I'm an EU citizen, I was also able to stay in Switzerland while they were processing the application :-)
Thanks for sharing! I sent you a private message
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
permit




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Notice period for dependent if main permit holder loses permit CBGeneve Permits/visas/government 1 18.10.2018 21:04
Dependent Wife having B permit options if main appliant having C permit is no more keepsmiling Permits/visas/government 2 08.05.2017 07:24
Presently on dependent L Permit, how can I get a work permit [Indian citizens] sssuhsin Permits/visas/government 4 22.09.2010 08:52
Have dependent L permit, applied for L WP, can she travel on L dependent now? mashu786 Permits/visas/government 0 10.03.2009 12:26


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0