Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06.08.2020, 16:57
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Zurich
Posts: 5
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
culturallyconfused has no particular reputation at present
Moving Cantons & B to C Permit Year Count (Non-EU)


After going through multiple threads and googling information, my questions are only partially answered. I would appreciate any responses from experience and previous knowledge.

I hold a non-EU B Permit in the Canton of Zurich and it is my first year renewing it. The permit is not binding to my job. (Aufenthaltbewilligung mit Erwerbstätigkeit). Currently, I am a resident in the canton in Zurich, but have started to work in Zug.

1) As far as my understanding goes, it takes 10 years of residence with a B permit to apply for a C while living in the same canton.

2) If I change my canton, what are my consequences?

3) Does it differ per canton? I may have to move to the canton of Geneva if I accept a job offer given to me there.

4) Where/How can I ensure I do not jeopardize any counter which could delay the C?

5) In what circumstances can it be 5 years to obtain the C instead of 10 for a non-EU?

Reply With Quote
Old 06.08.2020, 19:33
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Forum Legend
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 22,872
Groaned at 446 Times in 344 Posts
Thanked 17,988 Times in 10,046 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Moving Cantons & B to C Permit Year Count (Non-EU)

Most of your questions need just one answer. It's not living in the same canton that counts towards the C, it's living in Switzerland - where doesn't matter.

You can apply early for a C permit if you meet the conditions under VINTA, speak a Swiss language (that will be the official one of your canton of residence so if you speak German now and move to Geneva you'd need to learn French if you don't already know it), be integrated into Swiss life/society.

There's a long thread about VINTA here

Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Medea Fleecestealer for this useful post:

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
B permit changes due to moving cantons kingfisherq Permits/visas/government 6 23.10.2021 13:50
Moving cantons in the middle of the year, how do I get taxed? bella_suiza Finance/banking/taxation 8 12.08.2015 21:09
Non-EU moving cantons on B-permit youmademyday Permits/visas/government 6 09.05.2015 13:12
L permit moving Cantons kalexis Permits/visas/government 1 31.10.2012 21:23
Moving cantons with an F permit ipoddle Permits/visas/government 2 25.03.2010 15:50

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:05.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0