Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 24.08.2020, 15:44
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Bern
Posts: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sheeppaddock has no particular reputation at present
Recommendation for Expert Advice

Hi Everyone,


Thanks for all the great advice from the helpful members of this forum! Apologies in advance that I didn't find a relevant post and that I'll likely ask something stupid.



I'm a non-EU citizen with permanent residency in Germany and am buying a company together with others in Switzerland, where I'm expected to work as Managing Director. I require a work permit but the company itself has never applied for a work permit for non-EU i.e. it would do this for the first time.



Consequently, could someone recommend an expert with whom I could speak to, in order to understand the work permit process and documents?


Thanks a lot in advance!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 24.08.2020, 16:04
Mullhollander's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Aargau
Posts: 2,586
Groaned at 10 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 3,633 Times in 1,592 Posts
Mullhollander has a reputation beyond reputeMullhollander has a reputation beyond reputeMullhollander has a reputation beyond reputeMullhollander has a reputation beyond reputeMullhollander has a reputation beyond reputeMullhollander has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Recommendation for Expert Advice

This NZZ article (paywall) mentions these two immigration services providers:

https://www.nzz.ch/schweiz/2000-bis-...9?reduced=true

https://www.bdo.ch/en-gb/services/ad...ation-services

https://sgierpartner.ch/en/

Good luck to you!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 24.08.2020, 17:21
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 22,126
Groaned at 406 Times in 315 Posts
Thanked 17,100 Times in 9,620 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Recommendation for Expert Advice

Quote:
View Post
Hi Everyone,


Thanks for all the great advice from the helpful members of this forum! Apologies in advance that I didn't find a relevant post and that I'll likely ask something stupid.



I'm a non-EU citizen with permanent residency in Germany and am buying a company together with others in Switzerland, where I'm expected to work as Managing Director. I require a work permit but the company itself has never applied for a work permit for non-EU i.e. it would do this for the first time.



Consequently, could someone recommend an expert with whom I could speak to, in order to understand the work permit process and documents?


Thanks a lot in advance!
The question is do you plan to move here or not?

If not, then the company doesn't need a permit for you.

If you do, then the company will have to go through the non-EU hiring criteria to prove they can't find a Swiss/EU national who can do the job.

https://www.sem.admin.ch/sem/en/home...zulassung.html

Just because you own part of the company doesn't give you residency rights in Switzerland.

Edit: I see from your profile you're a New Zealander; that's makes things easier I think.

"Nationals of the following states do not require a visa to enter Switzerland under any circumstances: Brunei, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand and Singapore.
However, the competent Swiss authority will issue a prior authorisation of a residence permit in the following cases:
a) for a stay of more than 90 days, or
b) a stay involving gainful employment:
lasting more than eight days, or
from the first day of work in the primary or auxiliary construction sectors, the hospitality sector, industrial or private cleaning services, surveillance and security services, itinerant sales and services or erotic services.

This prior authorisation of a residence permit is issued directly to the foreign national, or to a third party (employer), by the cantonal migration authority. The Swiss diplomatic or consular mission is not involved in this procedure."

https://www.eda.admin.ch/content/dam...witzerland.pdf

You or your company should contact the cantonal migration office to ask how to proceed with this.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 24.08.2020, 17:37
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Bern
Posts: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sheeppaddock has no particular reputation at present
Re: Recommendation for Expert Advice

Quote:
View Post
This NZZ article (paywall) mentions these two immigration services providers:

https://www.nzz.ch/schweiz/2000-bis-...9?reduced=true

https://www.bdo.ch/en-gb/services/ad...ation-services

https://sgierpartner.ch/en/

Good luck to you!
Thanks! I'll check them out.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 24.08.2020, 17:53
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Bern
Posts: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sheeppaddock has no particular reputation at present
Re: Recommendation for Expert Advice

Quote:
View Post
The question is do you plan to move here or not?

If not, then the company doesn't need a permit for you.

If you do, then the company will have to go through the non-EU hiring criteria to prove they can't find a Swiss/EU national who can do the job.

https://www.sem.admin.ch/sem/en/home...zulassung.html

Just because you own part of the company doesn't give you residency rights in Switzerland.

Edit: I see from your profile you're a New Zealander; that's makes things easier I think.

"Nationals of the following states do not require a visa to enter Switzerland under any circumstances: Brunei, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand and Singapore.
However, the competent Swiss authority will issue a prior authorisation of a residence permit in the following cases:
a) for a stay of more than 90 days, or
b) a stay involving gainful employment:
lasting more than eight days, or
from the first day of work in the primary or auxiliary construction sectors, the hospitality sector, industrial or private cleaning services, surveillance and security services, itinerant sales and services or erotic services.

This prior authorisation of a residence permit is issued directly to the foreign national, or to a third party (employer), by the cantonal migration authority. The Swiss diplomatic or consular mission is not involved in this procedure."

https://www.eda.admin.ch/content/dam...witzerland.pdf

You or your company should contact the cantonal migration office to ask how to proceed with this.

Really appreciate the digging that you've done Medea Fleecestealer- thanks! The PDF you found makes for an enheartening development



FYI: I'll move to Switzerland to run the company.


I spoke with the migration service last week and they are very helpful. My next step is to make sure I provide them with the correct/relevant information to get further advice on how to proceed.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tax expert Shouq Finance/banking/taxation 0 08.03.2018 14:37
Getting expert advice, support before buying property lmcb Housing in general 5 28.03.2014 12:11
Looking for a HR Expert kavehentezar Employment 0 02.02.2014 22:33
Need expert advice for buying an Audi sragarwal General off-topic 6 14.06.2011 17:23
Advice/recommendation please - re freelance work from UK JaneyW Employment 2 24.09.2010 20:18


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0