Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22.11.2020, 21:09
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: USA
Posts: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
emma kennion has no particular reputation at present
Returning to Switzerland on a suspended C permit

My husband has a C resident permit which has been suspended for 4 years while we are expatriated abroad.
Does anyone know the process to reinstate it when we move back to Switzerland?
Can we suspend it again for another expat job and how long do we have to be resident back in Switzerland before we can apply to suspend it again?
Due to Covid he needs to remain abroad for longer but we donít want to lose his C permit so wondered if he could return to Switzerland and do his job from there and then apply to suspend it again.
Thank you fir any help
Reply With Quote
This user groans at emma kennion for this post:
Old 23.11.2020, 17:41
3Wishes's Avatar
Moderately Amused
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bern area
Posts: 11,209
Groaned at 88 Times in 84 Posts
Thanked 19,235 Times in 8,522 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Returning to Switzerland on a suspended C permit

Welcome to the Forum.

Contact the municipality and/or canton where you placed the permit on hold. They can instruct you on how to reinstate the permit.

If you want to turn around and take yet another assignment immediately, I'm not sure they'd let you put on hold again after a short time. After all, the point of a C permit is that your permanent residence is in Switzerland. If you don't really plan to be here permanently and instead want to live elsewhere but just have a permit here...

You mention trying to work for the existing company from Switzerland as a way to reinstate the permit before going abroad again. If he can work here for the employer, why should the authorities put the permit on hold so he can work abroad for them? He can live and work here. You don't have to answer me but it's the type of question the authorities will ask.

Friends of mine have been on a couple of assignments abroad and put their C permits on hold. In between the foreign assignments, they were back residing in CH for two years.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank 3Wishes for this useful post:

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Withdrawing Pension, C Permit, Returning to Switzerland austintexswiss Finance/banking/taxation 0 24.11.2015 23:16
Naturalisation suspended in Geneva due to expired permit B Jacky 333 Permits/visas/government 7 05.10.2015 21:40
Buying CH real estate while temporarily away from Switzerland - C permit "suspended" Jo Flower Housing in general 7 11.10.2013 09:36
Permit for Swiss born british national returning to Switzerland CarlJKT Permits/visas/government 5 16.07.2013 14:28
B or L Permit - Returning to Switzerland Pike Permits/visas/government 4 18.06.2009 14:06

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:56.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0