Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23.03.2021, 12:30
bgj bgj is offline
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: CH
Posts: 11
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bgj has no particular reputation at present
Spouse: EU/Schengen citizen working in other country - overstaying tourist?

Hi there,
We are a married Danish couple. I am a Swiss resident, B-permit, working and living in Switzerland. My spouse is employed 50% in Denmark and is currently a Danish resident.

When she is with me in Switzerland, she is here as a tourist. But as it has turned out, she would sometimes like to stay more than 90 days in a 180 days period, when her work back in Denmark allows for it.

I got in touch with the Cantonal immigration office, and they basically said that either she has to become a resident (with all that it implies: social insurance - not only health insurance but that the Danish employer will pay into the Swiss system, not staying here less than 6 months per year, etc), or come as a tourist. There is nothing in between. The lady at the office also said that since we are a married couple, she thinks that she should be here with me and that I should support here. The conversation kind of stagnated after that.

Obviously, she will not quit her job in Denmark to come and be supported by me in Switzerland. It's 2021, not 1970. Neither will the company she is working for have anything to do with Switzerland - they are afraid of tax related issues if they have Swiss residents as employees (I have heard this from other companies as well, and whether or not it is true does not matter for our situation).

So my main question is: any inputs how to deal with this in practice?

- Is there another permit or way to solve this - suggestions?
- What happens if you overstay the allowed tourist-period (given that they find out)?
- What happens in practice if she becomes a resident (B-permit) and then simply go and work in Denmark, without de-registering from Denmark?

Happy for inputs, it feels kind of hopeless to solve this properly!
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EU citizen living in Switzerland, working in EU - can spouse work in Switzerland ohboy Permits/visas/government 3 29.03.2016 19:45
Overstaying 6 months on Permit B (Third country nationals) Mowvich Permits/visas/government 8 08.10.2015 19:04
Tourist status in Schengen/EU for EU/Schengen citizens Island Monkey Permits/visas/government 5 30.06.2015 17:03
Overstaying Schengen + Marriage arobb Permits/visas/government 44 28.10.2014 20:52
Non-EU with CH B permit working on contract in a Schengen zone country-possible ? Mowvich Permits/visas/government 2 28.02.2012 17:17

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 23:00.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0