Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12.04.2021, 13:02
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Basel
Posts: 8
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Strike has no particular reputation at present
Primary L-Permit to B-Dependent Conversion

My Spouse is currently on L Dependent permit and recieved job offer. Employer is going to submit Permit ( B) for her in Bern
I am on primary L Permit in Basel Stadt
a. What is the process to apply for dependent B permit for me?
b. Do We need to apply for B permit together with primary applicant
or after getting the B Permit for my spouse and then apply separately for dependent B permit?
c. Is it technically possible that I can work on L and spouse can work on B permit?
Reply With Quote
Old 12.04.2021, 14:04
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Forum Legend
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 22,790
Groaned at 432 Times in 335 Posts
Thanked 17,884 Times in 10,005 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Primary L-Permit to B-Dependent Conversion

Not much point in asking it twice


and I think you're confused about what is actually happening.

To employ a non-EU L permit dependent an employer has to meet certain market and labour conditions to be able to hire them. There is no change to the permit type. All that happens is the ability to work gets added to the dependent L permit since atm it only allows the dependent to live here and not work.

"Family members of a holder of a short-term residence permit (Article 26 OASA) do not enjoy the right to exercise a lucrative activity. The exercise of a lucrative activity is subject to authorization. Upon admission, a request from the employer respecting the remuneration and working conditions in use in the locality and branch must have been submitted. In addition, members of the family of a holder of a short-stay permit (Article 26 OASA) must have professional qualifications (personal qualifications, Article 23 LEtr).

The possibility of engaging in a gainful activity for family members is related, according to art. 26 and 27 OASA, for the duration of the authorization of the person who has benefited from family reunification. If the spouse's residence permit is not renewed, his family members can not claim a right to continue their gainful activity (Article 6 (2) OASA)."
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Medea Fleecestealer for this useful post:

b permit, l permit to b, non eu

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Non-EU L Dependent work to Primary Permit in part time work Riya Permits/visas/government 1 23.01.2020 07:01
L Dependent work permit to become Primary holder of visa snowwhitee Permits/visas/government 13 29.12.2019 10:09
L to B permit conversion strange situation for a dependent after two years on L. AlusionT Permits/visas/government 1 10.04.2019 16:18
Dependent B permit Conversion to Independent fig Permits/visas/government 5 17.12.2015 15:43
Is it possible for non EU B dependent to be 'primary' permit holder and vice versa mit_mi Permits/visas/government 1 23.04.2010 09:27

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:51.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0