Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 21.04.2021, 13:36
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Zug
Posts: 6
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
gaborv has no particular reputation at present
B permit for EU national with temporary address

I will move to Switzerland soon (Zürich area), however in the beginning I will have temporary address for 1-2 months, e.g. Airbnb. My question is when I apply for B permit, will they require rent contract, and if so, will they accept this kind of temporary contract? Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 21.04.2021, 15:26
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Reinach
Posts: 42
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 19 Times in 11 Posts
UKPete is considered knowledgeableUKPete is considered knowledgeableUKPete is considered knowledgeable
Re: B permit for EU national with temporary address

Following as I may be in the same situation soon (but non-EU).

Isn't it the case that you require a permit to apply for a rental contract in the first place?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 21.04.2021, 15:44
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Zug
Posts: 6
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
gaborv has no particular reputation at present
Re: B permit for EU national with temporary address

Quote:
View Post
Following as I may be in the same situation soon (but non-EU).

Isn't it the case that you require a permit to apply for a rental contract in the first place?
I guess you first get a permit, then you get a bank account, then you get a rental contract. (This is only my assumption I hope somebody walked through this path and can help.)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 21.04.2021, 16:49
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 22,789
Groaned at 432 Times in 335 Posts
Thanked 17,880 Times in 10,002 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: B permit for EU national with temporary address

It depends; check with your cantonal migration office because some cantons accept AirBnB and others don't.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 21.04.2021, 16:51
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Zug
Posts: 6
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
gaborv has no particular reputation at present
Re: B permit for EU national with temporary address

Quote:
View Post
It depends; check with your cantonal migration office because some cantons accept AirBnB and others don't.
Thank you, can you list which cantons are accepting?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 21.04.2021, 16:56
newtoswitz's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Rapperswil
Posts: 3,754
Groaned at 75 Times in 70 Posts
Thanked 4,537 Times in 2,076 Posts
newtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: B permit for EU national with temporary address

You don't need a rental contract, just an accommodation address where they can contact you. Several of our recent joiners (pre-COVID) stayed in hotels or short term accommodation which don't have a contract.

At least this is the case if you have an employment contract, which is far more important to them.

When I moved they (SG) were also happy to take a rental contract which started in the future, since my planned residence canton was different to the one where I was employed.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 21.04.2021, 17:14
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 22,789
Groaned at 432 Times in 335 Posts
Thanked 17,880 Times in 10,002 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: B permit for EU national with temporary address

Quote:
View Post
Thank you, can you list which cantons are accepting?
No, because I don't know which ones do and which don't.

A confirmed booking form for the period you're going to be staying there should be sufficient providing the canton accepts AirBnB to start with.

The problem you can get is that permits get mailed to you so you need to be able to put your name on the post box; not easy with a AirBnB. Can you give your employer's business address for the permit application so it can be sent there instead?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 21.04.2021, 18:16
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Zug
Posts: 6
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
gaborv has no particular reputation at present
Re: B permit for EU national with temporary address

Quote:
View Post
No, because I don't know which ones do and which don't.

A confirmed booking form for the period you're going to be staying there should be sufficient providing the canton accepts AirBnB to start with.

The problem you can get is that permits get mailed to you so you need to be able to put your name on the post box; not easy with a AirBnB. Can you give your employer's business address for the permit application so it can be sent there instead?
Ok, thanks, anyone who knows how authorities handling this in Zurich and Zug, would be good to hear.

I will have unemployed application with financial proof, therefore no employer address, BUT I can get Swiss mail forwarding address, however it is also a question if they accept that....
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 21.04.2021, 19:15
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 22,789
Groaned at 432 Times in 335 Posts
Thanked 17,880 Times in 10,002 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: B permit for EU national with temporary address

Quote:
View Post
Ok, thanks, anyone who knows how authorities handling this in Zurich and Zug, would be good to hear.

I will have unemployed application with financial proof, therefore no employer address, BUT I can get Swiss mail forwarding address, however it is also a question if they accept that....
You're not going to get a B permit in that case. Best you can hope for, if they give you a permit at all, is a 3 month L job seeker permit. That's providing they consider your finances enough to survive on for that period. You may not even be able to apply for a permit since EU nationals can be here for up to 3 months as tourists to look for work. Usually only after that period would they consider issuing you with an L job seeker permit for another 3 months providing you still have sufficient funds to support yourself.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Medea Fleecestealer for this useful post:
  #10  
Old 21.04.2021, 19:36
blacky's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: ~ Affoltern a.A, ZH
Posts: 222
Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 280 Times in 125 Posts
blacky has a reputation beyond reputeblacky has a reputation beyond reputeblacky has a reputation beyond reputeblacky has a reputation beyond repute
Re: B permit for EU national with temporary address

Quote:
View Post
You're not going to get a B permit in that case. Best you can hope for, if they give you a permit at all, is a 3 month L job seeker permit. That's providing they consider your finances enough to survive on for that period. You may not even be able to apply for a permit since EU nationals can be here for up to 3 months as tourists to look for work. Usually only after that period would they consider issuing you with an L job seeker permit for another 3 months providing you still have sufficient funds to support yourself.
Do you maybe know what they consider sufficient funds? I guess you prove that by showing bank account information or there's something more formal?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 21.04.2021, 19:53
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 22,789
Groaned at 432 Times in 335 Posts
Thanked 17,880 Times in 10,002 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: B permit for EU national with temporary address

Quote:
View Post
Do you maybe know what they consider sufficient funds? I guess you prove that by showing bank account information or there's something more formal?
Usual figure to work to is CHF100 per person per day. So around CHF9k for 3 months and CHF18k for 6.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 21.04.2021, 19:55
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Zug
Posts: 6
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
gaborv has no particular reputation at present
Re: B permit for EU national with temporary address

Quote:
View Post
Do you maybe know what they consider sufficient funds? I guess you prove that by showing bank account information or there's something more formal?
https://www.lexology.com/library/det...b-7bbce6f6c895

I will apply without gainful activity, and can provide sufficient amount proof.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 21.04.2021, 20:15
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 22,789
Groaned at 432 Times in 335 Posts
Thanked 17,880 Times in 10,002 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: B permit for EU national with temporary address

Quote:
View Post
https://www.lexology.com/library/det...b-7bbce6f6c895

I will apply without gainful activity, and can provide sufficient amount proof.
If you don't plan to work, then the above calculations are irrelevant. It's entirely up to the canton to decide what they consider to be sufficient funds and that may differ widely from what you consider that figure to be.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 21.04.2021, 22:01
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 343
Groaned at 21 Times in 12 Posts
Thanked 404 Times in 187 Posts
Sinking has earned the respect of manySinking has earned the respect of manySinking has earned the respect of many
Re: B permit for EU national with temporary address

Quote:
View Post
Usual figure to work to is CHF100 per person per day. So around CHF9k for 3 months and CHF18k for 6.
That seems pretty low, at least to me. I wonder if 3K per month is considered sufficient funding in order to get a permit. Especially as a furnished apartment or air b&b is probably pretty expensive.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 21.04.2021, 22:07
swisspea's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: From one side of lake Zurich t
Posts: 6,402
Groaned at 42 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 6,557 Times in 2,999 Posts
swisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond repute
Re: B permit for EU national with temporary address

Are you planning to come in to Switzerland as a job seeker, with your own private income source, or with a plan to start your own businesss ?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 21.04.2021, 22:26
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Zug
Posts: 6
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
gaborv has no particular reputation at present
Re: B permit for EU national with temporary address

Quote:
View Post
Are you planning to come in to Switzerland as a job seeker, with your own private income source, or with a plan to start your own businesss ?
B permit needs to allow several buy to let flats buying.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 21.04.2021, 22:33
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 343
Groaned at 21 Times in 12 Posts
Thanked 404 Times in 187 Posts
Sinking has earned the respect of manySinking has earned the respect of manySinking has earned the respect of many
Re: B permit for EU national with temporary address

Are you sure you need B permit for that?

https://www.sequoiaconsulting.ch/en/...the%20purchase.

(point 4)
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Temporary Address canderson Housing in general 2 09.05.2019 21:28
Registering for permit at a temporary address. andreia.sofia Housing in general 6 04.08.2018 22:31
Registered address, permit & mailing address haarry Permits/visas/government 12 18.02.2018 20:29
Temporary Working Visa for Thai National (employee) skichick Permits/visas/government 5 18.07.2014 10:36
Can I register a temporary address (Basel) Carmen1 Leaving Switzerland 0 15.08.2013 10:02


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0