Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01.06.2021, 15:27
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Luzern
Posts: 40
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 24 Times in 15 Posts
Australianguy has no particular reputation at present
Working after marriage (Non-EU/EFTA)

Hello everyone,

So, I have checked everywhere and cannot seem to find the information. If you have seen it somewhere please let me know, otherwise you maybe able to answer.

I am a Non-EU/EFTA student, currently on a B permit (for study) in canton Lucerne. I will be getting married this month (In Lucerne) to a Swiss citizen. Will I be able to start working (more than 15 hours per week) after I am married, for example, the week after? or do I have to wait until I apply for another permit?

If I have to wait until I apply for another permit, roughly how long does this process take?

Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote
Old 01.06.2021, 17:13
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Zürich
Posts: 423
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 405 Times in 208 Posts
NichtsBesonders has earned some respectNichtsBesonders has earned some respect
Re: Working after marriage (Non-EU/EFTA)

You will need to apply to change your permit to one based on family reunification to start working more than your student permit allows.
As for the time it takes it depends on the canton as usual I don't know about Luzern. Probably faster than the 8-12 weeks it usually takes when initiating the reunification from abroad.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank NichtsBesonders for this useful post:

marriage, permit, student, visa, work

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Change in tax after the marriage(wife not working) arianemin Finance/banking/taxation 1 31.08.2016 12:28
Tax difference after marriage: wife working in Germany pk86 Finance/banking/taxation 2 03.06.2014 22:35
Changing working B Permit to marriage B Tazetta Permits/visas/government 2 29.11.2011 21:54
Working in EU with swiss marriage? Singingviola Permits/visas/government 2 18.02.2008 16:41
L-permit / student / EEA/EFTA / working foudre Permits/visas/government 1 26.03.2007 19:48

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 15:43.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0