English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Permits/visas/government (https://www.englishforum.ch/permits-visas-government/)
-   -   An Afghan family looking for asylum in Switzerland. I have a question. (https://www.englishforum.ch/permits-visas-government/305651-afghan-family-looking-asylum-switzerland-i-have-question.html)

shieryar 02.09.2021 12:51

An Afghan family looking for asylum in Switzerland. I have a question.
 
I was born in Switzerland and lived there till 6 years old then we moved to Afghanistan and has been living there till 19 Aug. My father is a Swiss citizen and is living in Zurich.
After the Taliban took Kabul we had to flee Afghanistan. And right now we are in Qatar. I didn't work for Swiss embassy so I know I wouldn't normally have been moved to Swiss. As like every country is helping asylum seekers to join with their families in their country. It would help us alot if we lived with our father. Does Swiss also support the same program? What are the steps to take?
I am with my wife and 2 kids, 2 and 6 years old.

Island Monkey 02.09.2021 15:47

Re: An Afghan family looking for asylum in Switzerland. I have a question.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by shieryar (Post 3343962)
I was born in Switzerland and lived there till 6 years old then we moved to Afghanistan and has been living there till 19 Aug. My father is a Swiss citizen and is living in Zurich.
After the Taliban took Kabul we had to flee Afghanistan. And right now we are in Qatar. I didn't work for Swiss embassy so I know I wouldn't normally have been moved to Swiss. As like every country is helping asylum seekers to join with their families in their country. It would help us alot if we lived with our father. Does Swiss also support the same program? What are the steps to take?
I am with my wife and 2 kids, 2 and 6 years old.

Your father should go to his Gemeinde and ask if he can bring you here.

CliiniMuus 02.09.2021 15:57

Re: An Afghan family looking for asylum in Switzerland. I have a question.
 
I am very sorry that you are all going through this.


You don't mention in your post, hence me asking. Is your dad receptive to you and your family moving to Zürich to be with him? Is he receptive to you and your family living with him? Do you, or did you ever, have a Swiss passport?

NotAllThere 02.09.2021 16:20

Re: An Afghan family looking for asylum in Switzerland. I have a question.
 
Born with Swiss father, in Switzerland? But you're not Swiss yourself. That can only arise, I think, if your parents were not married and your father did not acknowledge you as his before you were 18.

Should an unmarried father be Swiss (and the mother a foreigner), the child can have Swiss citizenship as long as the father acknowledges paternity before the child turns legal age.

You do not have to have ever held a Swiss passport to be a Swiss citizen.

Your first step should be to talk to the Swiss embassy with as much documentation as you can muster.

curley 02.09.2021 16:29

Re: An Afghan family looking for asylum in Switzerland. I have a question.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by shieryar (Post 3343962)
I was born in Switzerland and lived there till 6 years old then we moved to Afghanistan and has been living there till 19 Aug. My father is a Swiss citizen and is living in Zurich.
After the Taliban took Kabul we had to flee Afghanistan. And right now we are in Qatar. I didn't work for Swiss embassy so I know I wouldn't normally have been moved to Swiss. As like every country is helping asylum seekers to join with their families in their country. It would help us alot if we lived with our father. Does Swiss also support the same program? What are the steps to take?
I am with my wife and 2 kids, 2 and 6 years old.

A lot of if-s.
If your father is Swiss and you were born in Switzerland and your father is registered in your birth-certificate, it should have been registered back then that you are Swiss. Did you not get a passport back then? Was your father Swiss by the time you were born?

I guess the best thing is to visit the Swiss embassy, you will need your birth-certificate, are you in touch with your father at all? He could organize that. But if you have all details of your father, they can find him via the embassy.

Who is "we"? Your mother - presumably divorced from your father - has no privileges for a visa to Switzerland.

Never mind all the ? - you don't need to answer the questions here but for yourself before you visit the embassy as they will ask them and more.

Last but not least: I hope you are genuine and not otec trolling. There's a give away or two for that assumption. If you don't understand this note, don't worry about it. :)

Island Monkey 02.09.2021 16:36

Re: An Afghan family looking for asylum in Switzerland. I have a question.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotAllThere (Post 3344019)
Born with Swiss father, in Switzerland? But you're not Swiss yourself. That can only arise, I think, if your parents were not married and your father did not acknowledge you as his before you were 18.

Or his father came back to work in Switzerland after returning to Afghanistan and then naturalised. Or his father married a Swiss women later in life and then naturalised. :rolleyes:

shieryar 02.09.2021 19:34

Now he has no problem. I am not sure what was our status when we were born. whether we had passport or not. I know this that my father wasn't Swiss citizen when I was born.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotAllThere (Post 3344019)
Born with Swiss father, in Switzerland? But you're not Swiss yourself. That can only arise, I think, if your parents were not married and your father did not acknowledge you as his before you were 18.

Should an unmarried father be Swiss (and the mother a foreigner), the child can have Swiss citizenship as long as the father acknowledges paternity before the child turns legal age.

You do not have to have ever held a Swiss passport to be a Swiss citizen.

Your first step should be to talk to the Swiss embassy with as much documentation as you can muster.


The thing is my father wasn't a Swiss citizen when I was born. and Yes I have my birth certificate and my father acknowledges me being his son.

Quote:

Originally Posted by curley (Post 3344022)
A lot of if-s.
If your father is Swiss and you were born in Switzerland and your father is registered in your birth-certificate, it should have been registered back then that you are Swiss. Did you not get a passport back then? Was your father Swiss by the time you were born?

I guess the best thing is to visit the Swiss embassy, you will need your birth-certificate, are you in touch with your father at all? He could organize that. But if you have all details of your father, they can find him via the embassy.

Who is "we"? Your mother - presumably divorced from your father - has no privileges for a visa to Switzerland.

Never mind all the ? - you don't need to answer the questions here but for yourself before you visit the embassy as they will ask them and more.

Last but not least: I hope you are genuine and not otec trolling. There's a give away or two for that assumption. If you don't understand this note, don't worry about it. :)


The main thing is that my father wasn't a Swiss citizen when I was born.

Island Monkey 02.09.2021 19:46

Re: An Afghan family looking for asylum in Switzerland. I have a question.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by shieryar (Post 3344094)
The main thing is that my father wasn't a Swiss citizen when I was born.

You need to do 2 things. Get your father fighting to bring you here from his side. And whilst you are in Qatar, make sure everyone dealing with your case knows that you have family in Switzerland - maybe you can also contact the Swiss embassy in Qatar. Good luck.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:17.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0