Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02.12.2022, 16:48
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: Zurich
Posts: 14
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
ashaman has no particular reputation at present
Facilitated/Simplified naturalisation

Hi everyone,


I am about to apply for facilitated naturalisation. My question is that how long does take to be invited for the interview (Einbürgerungsgespräch) after submitting all the documents. I already collected all documents. My problem is that my German is not great (even though I passed KDE) and I want to practice my German. That's why the time until the interview is important for me.


Thanks a lot!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03.12.2022, 22:49
3Wishes's Avatar
Moderately Amused
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bern area
Posts: 11,883
Groaned at 102 Times in 96 Posts
Thanked 21,310 Times in 9,311 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Facilitated/Simplified naturalisation

Welcome to the Forum. Have a look at this thread, where many people have shared their experiences and timelines.

https://www.englishforum.ch/permits-...xperience.html
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank 3Wishes for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 03.12.2022, 23:19
Island Monkey's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wallis
Posts: 7,720
Groaned at 186 Times in 118 Posts
Thanked 9,110 Times in 4,076 Posts
Island Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Facilitated/Simplified naturalisation

I applied in the July and my interview was in the January.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Island Monkey for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 04.12.2022, 20:54
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: Zurich
Posts: 14
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
ashaman has no particular reputation at present
Re: Facilitated/Simplified naturalisation

Thanks a lot for your reply. So, it was 6 months in your case.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04.12.2022, 20:54
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: Zurich
Posts: 14
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
ashaman has no particular reputation at present
Re: Facilitated/Simplified naturalisation

I will read this thread carefully. Thank you!
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank ashaman for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 05.12.2022, 09:47
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Xtown has no particular reputation at present
Re: Facilitated/Simplified naturalisation

Hi Ashman,
I am at the point of applying too. My German isn't great either. Our situation is quite similar

I also live in Zurich. Can you share with me the list of documents required?
I have emailed the migration office requesting the forms, but I haven't received any feedback or the form via post.

I want to start collecting the documents in advance and submit the application as soon as possible.

Another question, I will complete 5 years in CH/married on December 22. Do you know if I need to wait until Dec 22 to submit the application?

Cheers
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05.12.2022, 10:25
Island Monkey's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wallis
Posts: 7,720
Groaned at 186 Times in 118 Posts
Thanked 9,110 Times in 4,076 Posts
Island Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Facilitated/Simplified naturalisation

Quote:
View Post

I also live in Zurich. Can you share with me the list of documents required?
I have emailed the migration office requesting the forms, but I haven't received any feedback or the form via post.
I cut out my Gemeinde and emailed Bern directly for the application form on einbuergerung@sem.admin.ch (but that was in 2016).
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Island Monkey for this useful post:
  #8  
Old 05.12.2022, 11:27
LiquidPaper's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 1,074
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 1,130 Times in 536 Posts
LiquidPaper has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidPaper has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidPaper has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidPaper has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Facilitated/Simplified naturalisation

Quote:
View Post
I cut out my Gemeinde and emailed Bern directly for the application form on einbuergerung@sem.admin.ch (but that was in 2016).

This should still be the way to go, as they are in charge. The Gemeinde/Kanton just facilitate.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05.12.2022, 11:27
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Lugano
Posts: 25
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts
trellis has no particular reputation at present
Re: Facilitated/Simplified naturalisation

I do question exactly how much effort has been put into looking into this prior to posting yet another thread on this topic (when there is a very comprehensive thread already in existence).

That said, ALL of the information (and more) that you have questions to can be found here: https://www.sem.admin.ch/sem/de/home...rheiratet.html

Along with where to request the forms from -- and a list of the documents that you will be required to collect...

Quote:
View Post
Hi Ashman,
I am at the point of applying too. My German isn't great either. Our situation is quite similar

I also live in Zurich. Can you share with me the list of documents required?
I have emailed the migration office requesting the forms, but I haven't received any feedback or the form via post.

I want to start collecting the documents in advance and submit the application as soon as possible.

Another question, I will complete 5 years in CH/married on December 22. Do you know if I need to wait until Dec 22 to submit the application?

Cheers
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05.12.2022, 11:29
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Lugano
Posts: 25
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts
trellis has no particular reputation at present
Re: Facilitated/Simplified naturalisation


Quote:
View Post
This should still be the way to go, as they are in charge. The Gemeinde/Kanton just facilitate.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05.12.2022, 12:10
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 34,194
Groaned at 3,028 Times in 2,095 Posts
Thanked 41,628 Times in 19,707 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Facilitated/Simplified naturalisation

Quote:
View Post
This should still be the way to go, as they are in charge. The Gemeinde/Kanton just facilitate.
Indeed, they have no real input in the matter unless they are the same town/canton of your spouse, which was not my case, not even the language!

But they did deal with the paperwork.

Tom
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05.12.2022, 17:07
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: Zurich
Posts: 14
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
ashaman has no particular reputation at present
Re: Facilitated/Simplified naturalisation

Hi Xtown,


Indeed, we must be in a similar situation


I collected the documents written here: https://www.sem.admin.ch/sem/de/home...rheiratet.html


I think you can apply right after Dec 22. At the end, the rule doesn't state anything about a "buffer" time.


Quote:
View Post
Hi Ashman,
I am at the point of applying too. My German isn't great either. Our situation is quite similar

I also live in Zurich. Can you share with me the list of documents required?
I have emailed the migration office requesting the forms, but I haven't received any feedback or the form via post.

I want to start collecting the documents in advance and submit the application as soon as possible.

Another question, I will complete 5 years in CH/married on December 22. Do you know if I need to wait until Dec 22 to submit the application?

Cheers
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06.12.2022, 14:32
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Xtown has no particular reputation at present
Re: Facilitated/Simplified naturalisation

I can't tell exactly how much time, but I did look here and in some other pages (www.ch.ch, etc). I saw some lists, but from Baden and other Kantons.
https://www.englishforum.ch/permits-...xperience.html

I also read some of the SEM websites, not the one you sent, though.

I intended to have the most up-to-date list from Ashaman who just submitted an application from Zurich, and to connect with him, since we live in the same city and are applying at the approx same time.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06.12.2022, 14:33
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Xtown has no particular reputation at present
Re: Facilitated/Simplified naturalisation

Quote:
View Post
Hi Xtown,


Indeed, we must be in a similar situation


I collected the documents written here: https://www.sem.admin.ch/sem/de/home...rheiratet.html


I think you can apply right after Dec 22. At the end, the rule doesn't state anything about a "buffer" time.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06.12.2022, 14:35
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Xtown has no particular reputation at present
Re: Facilitated/Simplified naturalisation

Quote:
View Post
This should still be the way to go, as they are in charge. The Gemeinde/Kanton just facilitate.
Thank you both.

I have found that this is the newest (2022) email address
ch@sem.admin.ch

I list it here to help others..
Cheers
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08.01.2023, 13:49
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: ZH
Posts: 25
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
nonnative has no particular reputation at present
Re: Facilitated/Simplified naturalisation

heya, I moved to CH about 9 years ago after marriage to my swiss wife, we were married in Switzerland. I have a C permit for the last 3 years.

I want to know a few things before I apply,

1. I moved cantons last year does this mean I have to wait another 5 years for applying simplified naturalization ?

2. what is the approx cost for applying for citizenship? I read it between 3K to 5K CHF? is that really true?

3. My level of german is B1, I can manage very well in a non-working/business environment but I don't fully understand swiss german. How big a problem is that during the interview?

4. During COVID times I was made redundant and was on unemployment benefits for a year. Does this impact the decision?

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08.01.2023, 13:55
Island Monkey's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wallis
Posts: 7,720
Groaned at 186 Times in 118 Posts
Thanked 9,110 Times in 4,076 Posts
Island Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Facilitated/Simplified naturalisation

There is no cantonal waiting time for facilitated naturalisation, you just have to have lived in Switzerland during the last 12 months.

In 2017 it cost me 750chf, it’s much cheaper than normal naturalisation.

Being on RAV unemployment benefits has no effect, being on Social welfare does.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Island Monkey for this useful post:
  #18  
Old 08.01.2023, 14:02
3Wishes's Avatar
Moderately Amused
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bern area
Posts: 11,883
Groaned at 102 Times in 96 Posts
Thanked 21,310 Times in 9,311 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Facilitated/Simplified naturalisation

Quote:
View Post
2. what is the approx cost for applying for citizenship? I read it between 3K to 5K CHF? is that really true?
Like Island Monkey, I paid about 750 several years ago, plus smaller amounts of 20-25 for each of the few documents I needed, such as a letter stating I'd not been on social help. Maybe 850 total?

Quote:
3. My level of german is B1, I can manage very well in a non-working/business environment but I don't fully understand swiss german. How big a problem is that during the interview?
You'll be fine. If you understand Swiss German, let them speak it and reply in High German. If you don't understand something, as them to please repeat in High German.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank 3Wishes for this useful post:
Reply

Tags
naturalisation




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Simplified naturalisation via Spouse (Art. 27) duky Permits/visas/government 1 12.05.2019 17:11
simplified naturalisation - erste unterredung s268952 Permits/visas/government 44 19.05.2018 02:05
Forms for Applying for Facilitated/Simplified Naturalization thomasc93 Permits/visas/government 2 20.10.2010 22:14
Simplified Naturalisation Questions LostAussie Permits/visas/government 1 08.07.2010 21:15
Simplified Naturalisation Sigi Permits/visas/government 6 07.12.2006 12:05


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0