Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07.04.2009, 16:02
finesse's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ZH
Posts: 195
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 68 Times in 48 Posts
finesse is considered knowledgeablefinesse is considered knowledgeablefinesse is considered knowledgeable
L permit, new EU, permanent contract, expiry coming

I am from a new Eu country, I have an L permit (however I have a permanent contract) and it will expire in mid June. Our Hr is not really at the top, so I do not trust them. I do not want to be in a situation where I do not have a permit or something so maybe it is a bit overdoing it at this stage, but I need info from respectable sources.

So hr said, that I will have a letter from authorities saying that my permit will expire and then them the company will request a new permit for me. Later when I asked them again the answer is that I should go to “Einwohnerkontrolle” to extend the permit and I should take my contract with me and they will write a letter that I still work for them.

So which is correct? Or maybe a 3rd version?

Any help would be highly appreciated….
Reply With Quote
Old 07.04.2009, 17:17
Forum Veteran
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,019
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 345 Times in 262 Posts
bill_door has an excellent reputationbill_door has an excellent reputationbill_door has an excellent reputationbill_door has an excellent reputation
Re: L permit, new EU, permanent contract, expiry coming

View Post
So which is correct? Or maybe a 3rd version?

Any help would be highly appreciated….
sounds about right. you fall into a weird category of new EU'ers joining the rest of us!

as an EU'er your employer no longer has anything to do with your permit, apart from giving you a job and a contract. you can apply yourself. take those docs to your local permit people and your done.

i'm not sure what happens as a new EU'er. probably the same but as the system takes a while to get familiarised with the new rules it will take a little bit longer.

if you wait to the end of your L permit, you will get a letter saying: come and renew! which you should do and ask for a B permit.

if you have all the docs now why not go in and see them and tell them you want a B permit. they will either start the process there or tell you to wait for the L to expire.

N.B. there is no threat of deportation hanging over you. believe it or sometimes things are quite laid back here.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank bill_door for this useful post:

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
L for permanent contract??? finesse Permits/visas/government 5 22.05.2008 16:18
Leaving permanent employment for IT contract work (in / out of CH) squeeky123 Employment 5 03.03.2008 22:36
Notice period going from fixed to permanent contract Tedwah Employment 13 04.12.2007 17:03
L permit expiry / living with or marrying c permit holder monkeymagoo Permits/visas/government 1 03.09.2007 12:50

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:51.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0