Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16.09.2009, 21:25
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 45
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
oktatabyebye has no particular reputation at present
Can I travel to Schengen countries ?

here is a situation:

I came to Switzerland in the last week of July and applied for residence permit in the first week of August. All my colleagues who applied around the same time received their permits. I am a doctoral student at EPFL. Ideally I also should have got the permit but somehow never recieved it till now.
Now I need to travel to germany for a 3-days course. My Suisse visa was stamped as Type D, single entry, valid for Suisse. Being a single entry visa, I was sure that I cannot use this visa to travel to schengen countries. So I visited service de la population and got a multiple entry visa after paying 93 CHF.

My question is: Can I travel to schengen countries now? The new visa reads as Type D, multiple entry, valid for suisse and 1 month validity.

Please help as I have to book tickets and register for this course ASAP.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Reply With Quote


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does my health insurance include travel to foreign countries? alanmack Insurance 37 31.01.2016 23:19

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:02.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0