Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24.11.2009, 12:48
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Gallen
Posts: 14
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
thepaw has no particular reputation at present
Non-EU Dependent B-Permit, Marriage Status Certificate: St. Gallen Kanton

Hello Folks,

I am enrolled at the University of St. Gallen and am trying to apply for dependent visas for my spouse and child. My family and I have already submitted a mountain of documents. To my great delight today, I received a request for some more and find myself in need of some advice.

In particular, there is one request that I am confused about:

- Familienstandsbescheinigung (behördliche Bestätigung, dass Ihre Ehe inzwischn nicht geschieden wurde) ....
which I think translates to "Marriage Status Certificate (that you are not divorced)...."

My wife and I were married in the US. I am not sure that there is such a form in the US that we can obtain. Has anyone else had experience with this one? How did you solve it? If we get a sworn affidavit that we are still married, will that work?

Another document that they have asked for is proof of minimum account balance in a Swiss Bank for a fairly large amount. We have shown sufficient funds in our US accounts, but it seems that it is not enough. They actually want some of our money here. Is this usual? I can do it but I find the process fairly intrusive, to put it mildly.

I appreciate your comments, advice or war-stories. Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,
Reply With Quote

b permit, dependent, permit, st gallen

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tax Status upon moving Kanton Shove Finance/banking/taxation 15 12.10.2010 08:02
Have dependent L permit, applied for L WP, can she travel on L dependent now? mashu786 Permits/visas/government 0 10.03.2009 12:26
Anybody from Kanton St. Gallen ? Smita Introductions 6 17.06.2008 23:31

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:58.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0