Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19.12.2009, 17:07
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nadia has no particular reputation at present
Permit question for a non EU person

I am currently working for a US company as a contractor. So on paper I am an employee of a staffing company, but work "on assignment". The company I work for on assignment wants to transfer me to Switzerland. Do you think that the fact that I am technically employed by the staffing company may create issues with obtaining a permit? I will talk to the lawyers that the transferring company hired but wanted to get some understanding prior to that.

Thank you for any advice.

Reply With Quote
Old 19.12.2009, 17:31
HollidayG's Avatar
Forum Legend
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kanton Zürich
Posts: 3,039
Groaned at 50 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 1,180 Times in 738 Posts
HollidayG has an excellent reputationHollidayG has an excellent reputationHollidayG has an excellent reputationHollidayG has an excellent reputation
Re: Permit question for a non EU person

The Swiss authorities will not care about for whom you work
for now. It is important to them who you will work for in

Will you be an employee of the staffing company
in Switzerland? When yes, they will have to provide you
with a work permit. That brings up the question: Does
the staffing company have a presence here? If not, the
client company will have to arrange a work permit for you.
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Documents required when applying in person for a resident permit. deutschmaad Permits/visas/government 18 21.06.2014 14:49
Person-to-person small claims process Zass Finance/banking/taxation 5 17.05.2011 09:22
How do South Africans obtain a permit when marrying a Swiss person? Curt556 Permits/visas/government 6 20.11.2009 21:53
UK citizen residing in zurich with L-Permit boyfriend - Permit question bethanian Permits/visas/government 4 21.11.2008 19:06
Tax question for married, self-employed person Humanist Business & entrepreneur 26 18.08.2006 19:15

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:26.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0