Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01.02.2010, 19:15
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: zürich
Posts: 22
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
side has no particular reputation at present
Please help!! non-eu marrying EU8, B-holder

Hi everybody,

I (non-eu) am marrying my fiancee (EU citizen B holder) in Zurich and i do not need visa to enter Switzerland for 3 months. So it was ok for us that i come here and we marry (only applies to countries who doesnt need visa to enter CH). My question is, we asked local gemeinde and they told us the papers to bring after marriage for a spouse permit.

My question is how this law below is gonna apply to me? i never lived in any EU countries but i lived in Switzerland for two years during my studies (before marrying). Will I get my B permit here? and if i get a B-permit how long do i need to wait to start working?

"Family members of nationals of EC/EFTA member states who originate from third countries are only able to invoke the right to family reunion according to the Agreement on the Free Movement of Persons if they have already been permanently resident in an EU/EFTA country prior to their application. If this is not the case, the issue of a permit is governed by national law."
Reply With Quote
Old 23.04.2010, 12:54
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: zürich
Posts: 22
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
side has no particular reputation at present
Re: Please help!! non-eu marrying EU8, B-holder


As my situation resolved, i want to inform the people in my situation. Here is the process:

If you dont need a visa for travelling to Switzerland, you can marry in Swiss town hall without getting marriage preparation visa (in Zürich). Send the documents necessary to the town hall. They will make an appointment with you to discuss the legal issues (surname, marriage contracts so on)..
After that in one-two weeks, you get a letter to sign. As soon as they receive the signed papers, you have 3 months to marry (but 10 days you need to wait). You make an appointment to marry. The next day of your marriage go to the gemeinde and register (with the required documents). they told me a criminal record is not necessary, but indeed it was. So give the record with a translation (certified by notar). Mine took 3 weeks to come. I could not work in between.
You dont need your new pass with your new name. (but then your permit is issued with your maiden name). As soon as you get your new pass, you can renew it.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank side for this useful post:

b-permit, familiennachzug, marry, non-eu

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Non EU Marrying a Swiss B holder deks200 Permits/visas/government 21 03.01.2010 12:03
Work Permit for EU8 Poland partner zion Permits/visas/government 5 17.11.2008 14:25
B-Permit Holder marrying a non-eu deks200 Permits/visas/government 9 24.05.2008 18:58
Options for EU B-permit holder and non-EU L-permit holder fiancee? ainz Permits/visas/government 7 08.10.2007 18:49
L permit expiry / living with or marrying c permit holder monkeymagoo Permits/visas/government 1 03.09.2007 12:50

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:59.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0