Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 21.03.2010, 02:22
tanager's Avatar
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: USA for now, but possibly Luze
Posts: 9
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
tanager has no particular reputation at present
Permit quota?

I have searched through the threads and haven't found an answer to my question....so here goes. If there is another thread that has the answer and I haven't found it please direct me there. Thanks!!!
Are permit quotas different based on the canton? We are potentially moving to Luzern. (waiting on confirmation on the job) I have seen many posts about permits in Zurich being at the quota, but I wasn't sure if that meant that all other cantons as well.
Thanks so much!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 21.03.2010, 03:02
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Permit quota?

Yes, the issue of permits (and quotas that apply) is a cantonal responsibility. Check out this page - it's not entirely accurate (Switzerland joined the list of Schengen states recently) but the permit info is broadly correct.

This pdf looks to be more accurate and more comprehensive (see page 6, for example).

I suggest you contact the relevant office in Luzern for accurate information.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 21.03.2010, 23:29
chris_l's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Posts: 253
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 59 Times in 39 Posts
chris_l has no particular reputation at present
Re: Permit quota?

In case you want to check out how many permits are per canton, check:
http://www.admin.ch/ch/d/sr/1/142.201.de.pdf

page 36 - short term permits (Kurzaufenthaltsbewilligungen)
page 37 - residence permits (Aufenthaltsbewilligungen

Cheers,

Christian
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 22.03.2010, 00:35
velocolo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Carouge
Posts: 280
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 309 Times in 119 Posts
velocolo has a reputation beyond reputevelocolo has a reputation beyond reputevelocolo has a reputation beyond reputevelocolo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Permit quota?

Quote:
View Post
In case you want to check out how many permits are per canton, check:
http://www.admin.ch/ch/d/sr/1/142.201.de.pdf

page 36 - short term permits (Kurzaufenthaltsbewilligungen)
page 37 - residence permits (Aufenthaltsbewilligungen

Cheers,

Christian
Christian, thanks for this. The long term residence permit limit is 2,000, which is consistent with my understanding. However, the table on page 37 indicates there are 1,000 for the Cantons, and another 1,000 for the Bund. Does anyone know what the 1,000 for the Bund are for - are those allocated to the Cantons in a discretionary manner by the Bund?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 22.03.2010, 01:33
tanager's Avatar
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: USA for now, but possibly Luze
Posts: 9
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
tanager has no particular reputation at present
Re: Permit quota?

Wow. thanks for the info. That really isn't that many permits. That surprises me.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 22.03.2010, 03:47
velocolo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Carouge
Posts: 280
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 309 Times in 119 Posts
velocolo has a reputation beyond reputevelocolo has a reputation beyond reputevelocolo has a reputation beyond reputevelocolo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Permit quota?

Quote:
View Post
Christian, thanks for this. The long term residence permit limit is 2,000, which is consistent with my understanding. However, the table on page 37 indicates there are 1,000 for the Cantons, and another 1,000 for the Bund. Does anyone know what the 1,000 for the Bund are for - are those allocated to the Cantons in a discretionary manner by the Bund?
Google translate rocks!!!!

If I got it right, then the 1,000 is available by the Federation to "balance the economic and labor market needs between the cantons."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 27.06.2010, 10:23
yezi's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: An
Posts: 186
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
yezi has no particular reputation at present
Re: Permit quota?

Quote:
Yes, the issue of permits (and quotas that apply) is a cantonal responsibility. Check out this page - it's not entirely accurate (Switzerland joined the list of Schengen states recently) but the permit info is broadly correct.

This pdf looks to be more accurate and more comprehensive (see page 6, for example).

I suggest you contact the relevant office in Luzern for accurate information.
Hi, do you mean canton approves you only if you are qualified and they have the quota. In other words: Get the approval from canton means gets the quota?
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Non-EU Work Permit Quota 2010 poonam Permits/visas/government 11 18.07.2010 10:17
L-Permit Quota Exhausted - Canton of Zurich - 2010 fredrick.moses Permits/visas/government 11 15.03.2010 08:34
Does 120Days work permit also has a quota? mail2dee Permits/visas/government 1 12.03.2010 07:03


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0