Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 24.03.2010, 15:58
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Kanton Change with B Ausweis

Good Day,

Is it possible to change the kanton with B- Ausweis? I am having a B Ausweis (Mit Erwerbstätigkeit) from SG. I have applied for Kanton change in Olten (Kanton SO) and did the abmeldung from SG. The reason for this kanton change is only cos of my new job in Bern. Kanton SO told me that the process takes like 6-8 weeks.. Now the 8 weeks are over and still waiting.. When I called kanton Solothurn for the status, they told still in process..

Are there any expected complications? In case something goes wrong, is it still possible to register back in SG (as I already did abmeldung from there)?

PLEASE ADVICE as I am really getting a bit tensed.

Your response in this manner is highly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Sam
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 24.03.2010, 15:59
lisa_bsl's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 114
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 42 Times in 21 Posts
lisa_bsl has earned some respectlisa_bsl has earned some respect
Re: Kanton Change with B Ausweis

I moved from Basel to ZH with no problems, just had to deregister in basel and reregister here in ZH...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 24.03.2010, 15:59
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vaud
Posts: 2,894
Groaned at 97 Times in 46 Posts
Thanked 1,932 Times in 921 Posts
Anthony1406 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony1406 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony1406 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony1406 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony1406 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kanton Change with B Ausweis

Quote:
View Post
Good Day,

Is it possible to change the kanton with B- Ausweis? I am having a B Ausweis (Mit Erwerbstätigkeit) from SG. I have applied for Kanton change in Olten (Kanton SO) and did the abmeldung from SG. The reason for this kanton change is only cos of my new job in Bern. Kanton SO told me that the process takes like 6-8 weeks.. Now the 8 weeks are over and still waiting.. When I called kanton Solothurn for the status, they told still in process..

Are there any expected complications? In case something goes wrong, is it still possible to register back in SG (as I already did abmeldung from there)?

PLEASE ADVICE as I am really getting a bit tensed.

Your response in this manner is highly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Sam
Just wait, your in Switzerland......Patience is the rule .

If after 15 weeks you do not have it then start to worry
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 24.03.2010, 16:01
HollidayG's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kanton Zürich
Posts: 3,038
Groaned at 50 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 1,180 Times in 738 Posts
HollidayG has an excellent reputationHollidayG has an excellent reputationHollidayG has an excellent reputationHollidayG has an excellent reputation
Re: Kanton Change with B Ausweis

It should not be a problem at all. I changed from Zürich to Zug, and I work in Luzern. Additionally, I am non-EU.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 25.03.2010, 00:40
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Kanton Change with B Ausweis

Quote:
View Post
It should not be a problem at all. I changed from Zürich to Zug, and I work in Luzern. Additionally, I am non-EU.
Did you do this recently? I mean during this quota restrictions or long ago?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 25.03.2010, 02:19
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Zug
Posts: 165
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 35 Times in 29 Posts
baris has no particular reputation at present
Re: Kanton Change with B Ausweis

Quote:
View Post
Did you do this recently? I mean during this quota restrictions or long ago?
The quota restrictions do not apply to B permits without employer limitations, so you really do not have anything to worry about (unless your B permit is restricted) On the other hand Kanton Zug is extremely efficient when it comes to administrative matters, so my advice: Don't take it as a basis for comparison. For example; I know of several processes which take 2-3 months in Vaud (Waadt) and the exact same thing takes only two-three days in Zug. I don't know of course how Waadt compares to Solothurn, but just to give you an idea...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 25.03.2010, 07:16
HollidayG's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kanton Zürich
Posts: 3,038
Groaned at 50 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 1,180 Times in 738 Posts
HollidayG has an excellent reputationHollidayG has an excellent reputationHollidayG has an excellent reputationHollidayG has an excellent reputation
Re: Kanton Change with B Ausweis

I did this before the recession, but the above poster thinks it should not
be a problem.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 25.03.2010, 09:27
Just_lou's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 69
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Just_lou has no particular reputation at present
Re: Kanton Change with B Ausweis

I lived and worked in canton Schwyz, then decided to move to canton Zurich. Wrote a letter to canton ZH immigration office asking for a permission, the reply was positive. Moved, deregistered in SZ, registered in ZH. If I remember correctly, registration in ZH took 2-3 weeks.
But then it was 6 years ago.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 25.03.2010, 12:45
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Kanton Change with B Ausweis

Quote:
View Post
The quota restrictions do not apply to B permits without employer limitations, so you really do not have anything to worry about (unless your B permit is restricted) On the other hand Kanton Zug is extremely efficient when it comes to administrative matters, so my advice: Don't take it as a basis for comparison. For example; I know of several processes which take 2-3 months in Vaud (Waadt) and the exact same thing takes only two-three days in Zug. I don't know of course how Waadt compares to Solothurn, but just to give you an idea...
Good Day,

My B- Ausweis is not bound to any company. It get renewed every year provided I have a valid Job contract. So I guess this is not a company restricted B- Ausweis. On B- Ausweis it shows "Mit Erwerbstätigkeit".. Also I have a "zulassungs code" 1402 from BFM (Bundesamt for migration)..

Any comments on this Zulassungs code? Just another question, IF IN CASE something goes wrong with SO, can I go back to my old kanton SG and register there?

Thanking all of your support,

PS: I am non-EU national

Regards, Sam
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 25.03.2010, 12:49
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Kanton Change with B Ausweis

Quote:
View Post
I lived and worked in canton Schwyz, then decided to move to canton Zurich. Wrote a letter to canton ZH immigration office asking for a permission, the reply was positive. Moved, deregistered in SZ, registered in ZH. If I remember correctly, registration in ZH took 2-3 weeks.
But then it was 6 years ago.
Wow you are really lucky.. I am still waiting.. Applied 12th of Jan 2010... Still in process and more than two months...

Regards, Sam
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 25.03.2010, 13:49
Just_lou's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 69
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Just_lou has no particular reputation at present
Re: Kanton Change with B Ausweis

I really have no idea what takes so long, but I already heard from few people that it takes months to receive the B permit. I know a lady who is waiting for more than 90 days
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 25.03.2010, 14:06
openid's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bern
Posts: 499
Groaned at 12 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 251 Times in 141 Posts
openid is considered knowledgeableopenid is considered knowledgeableopenid is considered knowledgeable
Re: Kanton Change with B Ausweis

Quote:
View Post
My B- Ausweis is not bound to any company
Is there a way to figure this out on looking at the Ausweis?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 25.03.2010, 14:46
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Kanton Change with B Ausweis

Quote:
View Post
Is there a way to figure this out on looking at the Ausweis?
Hai,

I Guess, in the "Anmerkungen" field, there should be "Mit erwerbstätigkeit"... If this is bound to any company, this field might be written with company address... But I am really not sure... One thing I can guarantee you that, with my current Ausweis ("Mit Erwerbstätigkeit) status, I was able to change my job without any hassle..

So as per my understanding, this erwerb*** stuff legally entitles you to work in Swiss with any employer (as long as you have a valid job contract)..

What do you have on your Ausweis?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 25.03.2010, 23:09
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Zug
Posts: 165
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 35 Times in 29 Posts
baris has no particular reputation at present
Re: Kanton Change with B Ausweis

Quote:
View Post
Good Day,

My B- Ausweis is not bound to any company. It get renewed every year provided I have a valid Job contract. So I guess this is not a company restricted B- Ausweis. On B- Ausweis it shows "Mit Erwerbstätigkeit".. Also I have a "zulassungs code" 1402 from BFM (Bundesamt for migration)..

Any comments on this Zulassungs code? Just another question, IF IN CASE something goes wrong with SO, can I go back to my old kanton SG and register there?

Thanking all of your support,

PS: I am non-EU national

Regards, Sam
Hi Sam,

I don't know about the code, but all the company/project bound permits state this explicitly on the ausweis along with the company name, address and job title. My permit is the exact same as yours and is not restricted.

According to the new foreigners law dated 01.01.2008, you are free to change canton of residence and/or employer as you wish (previously you had to get permission from the respective cantons). I did change both on 01.01.2008 and it was really straightforward. I really don't think there is a lot of room for something to go wrong there. Deregistration / registration is only a formality now.

The delay could have other reasons though, it could be that because your job is in another canton, they might have initiated some formal intercantonal communication regarding confirmation of your job contract/work permit etc. Also I'm pretty sure you have a file (I've seen mine, it's an actual dossier and it's huge) which needs to be transferred from your old canton to the new one, that could take a while depending on how fast both sides operate.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 29.04.2010, 14:20
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Kanton Change with B Ausweis

Good Day,

After almost waiting for nearly 4 months, I have received the approval for the B-Ausweis from the new Kanton.... It was really a very very SLOW procedure... To all the members who have a similar situation, PLEASE BE PATIENT..... When I asked the kanton the reason for the delay, they told verification, paper work, too much of application and ofcourse less resource at their side.... If the person processing the application is on vacation, this will be on hold till he or she returns... It is really a time consuming process (esp in Solothurn)...

My case was a Kanton change from SG to SO and I work in Kanton BE. Maybe this might have took a while in my case... Anyways its all done...


Thank you all,

Sam
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 29.05.2010, 13:30
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: US
Posts: 25
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
george77 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Kanton Change with B Ausweis

Hi Sam,

I'd like to ask you a quick question. When you changed from Cantons, did they recognize the year/s that you were in your previous Canton?

We are thinking of changing Cantons but we do not want to lose the years that we have been here. ( years from B permit counting toward C permit)

Thanks in advance,

J.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 29.05.2010, 13:56
kiwi girl's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Basel
Posts: 20
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
kiwi girl has slipped a little
Changing canton

When we arrive we'll be in company accommodation for a while in Basel Stadt. If we then decide to live in Basel Land does that mean we'll have to go through a whole load of permit issues? (We're UK citizens if that makes a difference.)

Thanks in advance and apologies if this is covered somewhere (I've looked but can't seem to find a relevant thread!)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 30.05.2010, 14:04
swissbob
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Changing canton

Quote:
View Post
When we arrive we'll be in company accommodation for a while in Basel Stadt. If we then decide to live in Basel Land does that mean we'll have to go through a whole load of permit issues? (We're UK citizens if that makes a difference.)

Thanks in advance and apologies if this is covered somewhere (I've looked but can't seem to find a relevant thread!)
As UK citizens you have no permit issues .
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 30.05.2010, 20:20
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: basel
Posts: 7
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
simbadake has no particular reputation at present
Re: Kanton Change with B Ausweis

should be no problem
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 30.05.2010, 20:36
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Kanton Change with B Ausweis

Hello J.

I am really not sure about this. All they really checked was whether I had some defaulting records and whether I took some aid from state. What I heard from other people is that you should be atleast 8 years in the same Gemeinde for a C.. I am really not sure..

Regards,

Sam

Quote:
View Post
Hi Sam,

I'd like to ask you a quick question. When you changed from Cantons, did they recognize the year/s that you were in your previous Canton?

We are thinking of changing Cantons but we do not want to lose the years that we have been here. ( years from B permit counting toward C permit)

Thanks in advance,

J.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
permit application




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
German proficiency test to get Ausweis C ? Sritida Permits/visas/government 19 18.11.2009 01:34
Ausweis: Changed cantons bozothedeathmachine Permits/visas/government 39 23.08.2008 22:29
6-month B ausweis? bozothedeathmachine Permits/visas/government 4 25.10.2007 14:23
What comes first: Ausweis or Insurance? bozothedeathmachine Insurance 8 01.10.2007 12:53
How long does it take getting the Ausweis? dbg Permits/visas/government 3 12.04.2007 22:51


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0