Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 26.10.2007, 21:12
timpy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: zurich
Posts: 247
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 122 Times in 46 Posts
timpy is considered knowledgeabletimpy is considered knowledgeabletimpy is considered knowledgeable
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.

Dear dbsb,

Thanks a lot for the updated information. I was wondering if it has anything related to changing jobs for non EU B permits or any changes in this side at all. I think this is one of the most common questions by non EU guys here in this forum.

I am asking you because my german is not that good.

Thanks once again
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 28.10.2007, 23:18
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 25
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
dbsb has no particular reputation at present
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.

According to the Article 38 #2 B permit holders (or better long-term B permit holders) could change jobs and work anywhere in the Switzerland if the permit says that they are allowed to work (selbständigen oder unselbständigen Erwerbstätigkeit zugelassen sind).

This is just what the law is saying - don't know how it is going to be implemented beginning of the next year.

"Art. 38 Erwerbstätigkeit

2 Personen mit einer Aufenthaltsbewilligung, die zur selbständigen oder unselbständigen Erwerbstätigkeit zugelassen sind, können ihre Tätigkeit in der ganzen Schweiz ausüben. Sie können die Stelle ohne weitere Bewilligung wechseln.
3 Personen mit einer Aufenthaltsbewilligung kann der Wechsel zu einer selbständigen Erwerbstätigkeit bewilligt werden, wenn die Voraussetzungen nach Artikel 19 Buchstaben a und b erfüllt sind."



Quote:
View Post
I was wondering if it has anything related to changing jobs for non EU B permits or any changes in this side at all. I think this is one of the most common questions by non EU guys here in this forum.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 31.10.2007, 16:06
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
milleniumride has no particular reputation at present
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.

Hello everybody,
First of all thanks for the bullet points.. it really helped! i have a question though, coz im one of those unique cases :P well i have an non-EU passport but with permanent residency in UK. i came to start studying here in CH. i have finished registering in my local Kreisburo and have the receipt and am currently waitin for my permit. however before comin here i applied for a student visa in the london consulate and found out yest dat it has been authorised. basically this was meant to be for entry i guess.. i was tryin to follow all the rules! but i've already come here on my PR status with UK. and the local kresiburo accepted everythin. now im in a fix do i still need to fly back to london to get the student visa stamped?? can anyone please help.
thanks in advance!
VG..
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 31.10.2007, 17:00
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Geneva
Posts: 5,531
Groaned at 125 Times in 110 Posts
Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,737 Posts
Shorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.

Quote:
View Post
Hello everybody,
First of all thanks for the bullet points.. it really helped! i have a question though, coz im one of those unique cases :P well i have an non-EU passport but with permanent residency in UK. i came to start studying here in CH. i have finished registering in my local Kreisburo and have the receipt and am currently waitin for my permit. however before comin here i applied for a student visa in the london consulate and found out yest dat it has been authorised. basically this was meant to be for entry i guess.. i was tryin to follow all the rules! but i've already come here on my PR status with UK. and the local kresiburo accepted everythin. now im in a fix do i still need to fly back to london to get the student visa stamped?? can anyone please help.
thanks in advance!
VG..
You're not really unique....

I am very surprised the Kreisburo accepted your application on the back of a UK PR status. When did that happen?

To answer your question, yes, they may well require you to get the visa in the passport and get it stamped.

By the way, you didn't try very hard to follow all the rules, as you came here knowing full well that you require a student visa.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 31.10.2007, 17:13
jsherk's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Brutten
Posts: 345
Groaned at 8 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 368 Times in 168 Posts
jsherk has a reputation beyond reputejsherk has a reputation beyond reputejsherk has a reputation beyond reputejsherk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.

I need to ask a question and am work so I don't have time to go through all the detail looking through all threads (laptop at home crapped out).

My wife is moving back to Zurich from Chicago with our 8 month old son tomorrow. She is Swiss and therefore, he is Swiss and was registered during her last visit in September. I will be following as soon as I can sell our home. It is not very clear from the Visa application on the Consulate website as to whether or not I would be allowed to find work once over there. Would I be subject to the Non-EU requirments of a employer proving that I am the only qualified candidate?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10.12.2007, 17:15
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
kigho has no particular reputation at present
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.

Hi,

I am new to this forum and I have a question about whether L-permit holders have the right to start a company in Switzerland.

I will be working in Lausanne as from Jan 2008 with an L-permit and since I have a couple of ideas I wanted to test, I wanted to start a form there.

I also have a friend who is a swiss national who could be interested in setting up the firm with me.

Maybe these issues have already been discussed here , if so, I would be thankful if you could redirect me to the appropriate threads.

Thanks
kiran
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 17.12.2007, 07:44
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Istanbul, Turkey; Moving to BA
Posts: 5
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Terlikci has no particular reputation at present
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.

Hi all,

I am also quite new to this forum. I have a question. I will start for as Senior in one of the Big Four, I have sumitted the formal documents for work permit, as well as some reference letters from my previous employers, my ex-directors and MD as supporting documents.

My question is how good are the Big Four in getting the Visa, do they have more influence to get the visa? Secondly, I have indefinate contract, what are my chances to get B visa, can I get at least L and convert it to B a year later? Is there any place where I can see the status of quotas in Basel?

Thank you in advance,

S.T.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 19.12.2007, 16:25
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Geneva
Posts: 5,531
Groaned at 125 Times in 110 Posts
Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,737 Posts
Shorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.

Quote:
View Post
Hi all,

I am also quite new to this forum. I have a question. I will start for as Senior in one of the Big Four, I have sumitted the formal documents for work permit, as well as some reference letters from my previous employers, my ex-directors and MD as supporting documents.

My question is how good are the Big Four in getting the Visa, do they have more influence to get the visa?
The higher the position the better the chances. Big companies know the system better (and pay more expensive lawyers) therefore produce better paperwork.

Quote:
Secondly, I have indefinate contract, what are my chances to get B visa, can I get at least L and convert it to B a year later?
You could for instance have an indefinite contract and be on an expat arrangement, so there's no way to tell without seeing what paperwork your potential employer has done.

Quote:
Is there any place where I can see the status of quotas in Basel?
No.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 19.12.2007, 23:53
canuckchick's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zug
Posts: 73
Groaned at 5 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 27 Times in 22 Posts
canuckchick has no particular reputation at present
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.

B PERMITS

Is it really only 5 years wait for a C once you have a B (for Canadians)? Maybe I have some old information, but I thought only the USA was 5 and Canada was 10. I just got my B....so I have to start the counter. Thanks for the info Shorrick.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 20.12.2007, 08:51
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Geneva
Posts: 5,531
Groaned at 125 Times in 110 Posts
Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,737 Posts
Shorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.

Now that you mention it that sounds about right. I'll crosscheck to make sure.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 27.12.2007, 12:29
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Istanbul, Turkey; Moving to BA
Posts: 5
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Terlikci has no particular reputation at present
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.

Thank you very much Shorrick. I will chase with my potential employer.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04.01.2008, 15:36
yogishraj's Avatar
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Vevey
Posts: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
yogishraj has no particular reputation at present
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.

Hi,
I am new to this forum and I find this very useful. Thanks for lot of information on work permit posted in this thread.
I am currently living and working in Vaud with a L permit renewed second time. My latest L permit is valid untill end of July 2008.
I got a job in Zurich and my permit has to be changed to ZR canton. Since the L permit is bound to employer could you please let me know if I do the following, I can be positive to get the permit to the new canton.

1. A letter from the employer (soft copy) stating that my skills are no more required for the current client
2. My current L Permit copy
3. Employment details which will be given by my new employer

The permit is getting processed through lawyers. I need a confidence that things will go through fine.
Any opinion or feedbacks will be appreciable.
Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04.01.2008, 18:00
swissbob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.

Quote:
View Post
Hi,
I am new to this forum and I find this very useful. Thanks for lot of information on work permit posted in this thread.
I am currently living and working in Vaud with a L permit renewed second time. My latest L permit is valid untill end of July 2008.
I got a job in Zurich and my permit has to be changed to ZR canton. Since the L permit is bound to employer could you please let me know if I do the following, I can be positive to get the permit to the new canton.

1. A letter from the employer (soft copy) stating that my skills are no more required for the current client
2. My current L Permit copy
3. Employment details which will be given by my new employer

The permit is getting processed through lawyers. I need a confidence that things will go through fine.
Any opinion or feedbacks will be appreciable.
Thanks in advance
Unfortunately, no-one can give you the answer you want. There is a risk that the change will not be allowed. Gut feeling is you should be ok as you appear to be approaching it the right way but the risk is still there.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07.01.2008, 14:26
yogishraj's Avatar
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Vevey
Posts: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
yogishraj has no particular reputation at present
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.

Thanks for the reply. After I produced the letter that the lawyers requested they confirmed me that the authorities have accepted the letter. They said they are going to submit my case this week. I am also confident. Still I am scared. If I understand right I should have the decision in 3 weeks.
My employer is giving all the employment related documents to them. The organisation I am joining is a big organisation world wide and I am joining to a higher lever which is Project Manager and slightly above that.
I hope things would work out good for me (finger crossed).
--Y
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11.01.2008, 11:03
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zurich, Dubendorf
Posts: 90
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 49 Times in 29 Posts
kalyan has no particular reputation at present
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.

Hey Shorrick awesome compilation. Thank you!

Am an indian moving to Zurich thru my company, an American MNC in the IT sector. My wife is also working in the IT sector for an indian MNC and shez already quite worked up about wht she is goin to do in zurich! my assignment is goin to b for 2 yrs...

I have a B Permit and she has a Residents' B permit. How tough or easy will it be for get her a Ci Permit? How much would i have to spend on it? After she gets a Ci permit how easy or tough will it be find a job for her?

Any help will infinitely improve our general happiness in the household!

Thnk you!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11.01.2008, 12:36
swissbob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.

Quote:
View Post
Hey Shorrick awesome compilation. Thank you!

Am an indian moving to Zurich thru my company, an American MNC in the IT sector. My wife is also working in the IT sector for an indian MNC and shez already quite worked up about wht she is goin to do in zurich! my assignment is goin to b for 2 yrs...

I have a B Permit and she has a Residents' B permit. How tough or easy will it be for get her a Ci Permit? How much would i have to spend on it? After she gets a Ci permit how easy or tough will it be find a job for her?

Any help will infinitely improve our general happiness in the household!

Thnk you!
I think, not 100% sure, that you are mistaking the term "International Organisation" to mean "International Company". The Ci permit is for spouses of people working for the UN or similar.

Your wife will need to find an employer willing to sponser her for a work permit and she will have to go through all the normal hoops to get it.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11.01.2008, 14:49
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zurich, Dubendorf
Posts: 90
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 49 Times in 29 Posts
kalyan has no particular reputation at present
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.

Yeah. I mis understood how a Ci permit works. We dont fit into a Ci permit!

Can someone tell me what should we do to enable my wife to work? Can she look for a job with her dependent visa and then take it up once we get the work permit?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11.01.2008, 14:56
swissbob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.

Quote:
View Post
Yeah. I mis understood how a Ci permit works. We dont fit into a Ci permit!

Can someone tell me what should we do to enable my wife to work? Can she look for a job with her dependent visa and then take it up once we get the work permit?
Yes, she can certainly look for a job. If offered a job the employer must then make the case for the work permit. This is difficult, especially since the latest changes in the legislation. For example, the employer would have to show that there was no Swiss or EU person available to take the job.

Put simply, it is going to be very difficult for your wife to find a job.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11.01.2008, 23:39
justdoit's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Altendorf
Posts: 231
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 61 Times in 34 Posts
justdoit is considered knowledgeablejustdoit is considered knowledgeablejustdoit is considered knowledgeable
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.

Quote:
View Post
Yes, she can certainly look for a job. If offered a job the employer must then make the case for the work permit. This is difficult, especially since the latest changes in the legislation. For example, the employer would have to show that there was no Swiss or EU person available to take the job.

Put simply, it is going to be very difficult for your wife to find a job.
According to the new legislation you dont need a work permit if you hold a family B permit. you can work without permission

This is the german text. Can someone please help with the translation

Personen, welche keine Bewilligung zur Ausübung einer Erwerbstätigkeit brauchen


Personen mit Aufenthaltsregelung im Familiennachzug:
Angehörige von Personen, welche eine Aufenthaltsbewilligung im Familiennachzug besitzen, brauchen keine Bewilligung zur Erwerbstätigkeit, wenn der Ehegatte oder die Eltern folgenden Aufenthaltstatus haben:
  • Schweizer Staatsbürger
  • Niederlassung C
  • Aufenthaltsbewilligung B
- ausgenommen Zulassung aus persönlichem Härtefall
- ausgenommen Studienaufenthalter / Ausbildung
  • Aufenthaltsbewilligung (EG/EFTA-Ausweis)
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank justdoit for this useful post:
  #40  
Old 12.01.2008, 01:08
miniMia's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: romandie
Posts: 9,621
Groaned at 96 Times in 87 Posts
Thanked 8,416 Times in 4,209 Posts
miniMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.

Quote:
View Post
According to the new legislation you dont need a work permit if you hold a family B permit. you can work without permission

This is the german text. Can someone please help with the translation

Personen, welche keine Bewilligung zur Ausübung einer Erwerbstätigkeit brauchen


Personen mit Aufenthaltsregelung im Familiennachzug:
Angehörige von Personen, welche eine Aufenthaltsbewilligung im Familiennachzug besitzen, brauchen keine Bewilligung zur Erwerbstätigkeit, wenn der Ehegatte oder die Eltern folgenden Aufenthaltstatus haben:
  • Schweizer Staatsbürger
  • Niederlassung C
  • Aufenthaltsbewilligung B
- ausgenommen Zulassung aus persönlichem Härtefall
- ausgenommen Studienaufenthalter / Ausbildung
  • Aufenthaltsbewilligung (EG/EFTA-Ausweis)
Do you have this in any other language? French or Italian for example? Where did this come from?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ausweis, non eu, permit, sticky thread, work




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Permits: What the the advantages of a C permit? Gav Permits/visas/government 80 22.12.2017 13:28
information on Residence Permits. NicM Permits/visas/government 5 12.03.2012 15:48
Different Permits Tiger Permits/visas/government 12 13.03.2010 20:25
Cumulus points for Rolling Stones Oldhand Daily life 18 15.07.2007 15:33


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0