Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #481  
Old 18.01.2011, 12:08
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 48
Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
awdhil has annoyed a few people around hereawdhil has annoyed a few people around here
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.

Quote:
View Post
Quotas are for new applicants.
Which is exactly the point. When person moves from L - B then the B is new for him. Hence the quota should apply for the individual ?
Reply With Quote
  #482  
Old 18.01.2011, 12:33
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Geneva
Posts: 5,531
Groaned at 125 Times in 110 Posts
Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,737 Posts
Shorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.

Quote:
View Post
Which is exactly the point. When person moves from L - B then the B is new for him. Hence the quota should apply for the individual ?
Nope, it shouldn't, and it doesn't as the individual is already integrated in the job market and not taking up a newly created position that could potentially be offered to a Swiss / EU citizen.
Reply With Quote
  #483  
Old 18.01.2011, 15:46
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 48
Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
awdhil has annoyed a few people around hereawdhil has annoyed a few people around here
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.

Quote:
View Post
Nope, it shouldn't, and it doesn't as the individual is already integrated in the job market and not taking up a newly created position that could potentially be offered to a Swiss / EU citizen.
And now I am royally confused....
I know for a fact that several of my colleagues who had been here for 2 years on L, had their B applications rejected during the last year.
So am I missing something
Reply With Quote
  #484  
Old 18.01.2011, 16:47
swissbob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.

Quote:
View Post
And now I am royally confused....
I know for a fact that several of my colleagues who had been here for 2 years on L, had their B applications rejected during the last year.
So am I missing something
Maybe they were rejected for other reasons?
Reply With Quote
  #485  
Old 19.01.2011, 16:45
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 48
Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
awdhil has annoyed a few people around hereawdhil has annoyed a few people around here
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.

Nope. The information that filtered back was that since there was restriction on the number of B's that can be issued, they (Migrations dept) were selective in the issuance.
So, this year, certain companies have been told that they can apply for only so many candidate for a 'B', and that's it
Reply With Quote
  #486  
Old 19.01.2011, 17:07
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: zurich
Posts: 29
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
goforit has no particular reputation at present
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.

from my limited knowledge,L to B conversion demanded quota availability which is been removed from this year. which means L to B conversion does not come under quota system at all.

Correct me if am wrong.

thanks
GoForIt
Reply With Quote
  #487  
Old 20.01.2011, 16:02
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 48
Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
awdhil has annoyed a few people around hereawdhil has annoyed a few people around here
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.

Quote:
View Post
from my limited knowledge,L to B conversion demanded quota availability which is been removed from this year. which means L to B conversion does not come under quota system at all.

Correct me if am wrong.

thanks
GoForIt
Is there a source to substantiate this? Otherwise we end up confusing the EF'ers
Reply With Quote
  #488  
Old 21.01.2011, 18:42
ChatdeChocolat's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: St-Prex
Posts: 159
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 117 Times in 62 Posts
ChatdeChocolat has earned the respect of manyChatdeChocolat has earned the respect of manyChatdeChocolat has earned the respect of many
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.

OK, I have to ask this: is it really common for permits to be rejected around here? We always thought that getting a job was the tough part, but now we find a nice employer who literally looked through CH and EU17 for 3 months before giving the lovely bf this job and somehow lately I only stumble upon permit rejections. I am now so scared of this, because we sort of settled here with me doing a masters programme and all...and would really love to stay. But if the permit demand gets rejected, what can he do? Is he ever entitled to a new permit demand, either from the same or a different employer? Can he stay another 3 months as a tourist and maybe look for another job? it would really be horrible. Please, someone tell me they don't reject all permits for Romania
Reply With Quote
  #489  
Old 24.01.2011, 17:30
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Thailand.
Posts: 11
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
TomaM has no particular reputation at present
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.

Hi I am still a bit confused please can you help? as I have a job offer we are comming to see some friends who live there and we would be comming on a holiday visa I would then visit the company I would then apply for the B permit then would that be ok for to apply for hers also? someone told us on a Thai forum that she would have to came back to Thailand to apply, this sounds a bit strange anyway I am getting many diffrent views.

Thanks T
Reply With Quote
  #490  
Old 26.01.2011, 11:07
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Geneva
Posts: 5,531
Groaned at 125 Times in 110 Posts
Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,737 Posts
Shorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.

Quote:
View Post
Hi I am still a bit confused please can you help? as I have a job offer we are comming to see some friends who live there and we would be comming on a holiday visa I would then visit the company I would then apply for the B permit then would that be ok for to apply for hers also? someone told us on a Thai forum that she would have to came back to Thailand to apply, this sounds a bit strange anyway I am getting many diffrent views.

Thanks T
If "we" is you and your wife and "hers" refers to your wife, then she most certainly doesn't have to return to Thailand to apply for her permit.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Shorrick Mk2 for this useful post:
  #491  
Old 26.01.2011, 16:48
puffin's Avatar
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Near Byron's Lake
Posts: 9
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
puffin has no particular reputation at present
Student Visa D

I was wondering about how long it takes to get a student visa (D) for a non-EU citizen? When I submitted my application 13 weeks ago, I was then told that it takes 8-12 weeks (+clear instruction not to contact the consulate). Could anyone shed some light on this?

p.s: I did search around the forum for a prior answer but couldn't find one relating to the student visa. Apologies if one does exist.
Reply With Quote
  #492  
Old 26.01.2011, 18:53
raerose01's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 12
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
raerose01 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Student Visa D

Quote:
View Post
I was wondering about how long it takes to get a student visa (D) for a non-EU citizen? When I submitted my application 13 weeks ago, I was then told that it takes 8-12 weeks (+clear instruction not to contact the consulate). Could anyone shed some light on this?

p.s: I did search around the forum for a prior answer but couldn't find one relating to the student visa. Apologies if one does exist.
I submitted mine at the end of May last year and was contacted middle of July by the correspondence person at ETH that I needed better documentation of my financial situation...once I sent that back in, I had the visa by the end of July. So I guess mine took ~10 weeks. Do you have a contact person where you are studying that you could ask instead of the consulate?
Reply With Quote
  #493  
Old 31.01.2011, 15:27
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vaud
Posts: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
suesue has no particular reputation at present
Help~

Hello all,

After going through the total 25 pages, I still have a little bit confusion on my Case.

I move to Switzerland with my Husband, he got a Non-EU permit B with the title of this company. The contract is on a permenat base. We have to renew our permit anulally. I am an independent permit B holder, and I started work in Switzerland from Dec 2010.

Now my Husband may be laid-off due to the bad Ecomomy of his company in 2010. His Permit will expired on Jun. 2011.

My questions are:
1. Can I change my permit to a work permit while My husband take independent on me? If yes, what kind of precedure should I do?
My independedn permit expired in Auguest 2011.
2 .If question 1 is No. We learned that he can ask for a renew for his resident permit during the unemployed benifit period. Is my work permit still valid as he is unemployed?

PS: My husband is a scientist working in R&D department in a international company, and I am a Logistic specialist in a MNC.
We live in the same caton as my husband current employer located.
But I am working in another carton.

Thank you so much in advance to answer my questions.
Reply With Quote
  #494  
Old 31.01.2011, 17:36
swissbob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Help~

Quote:
View Post
Hello all,

After going through the total 25 pages, I still have a little bit confusion on my Case.

I move to Switzerland with my Husband, he got a Non-EU permit B with the title of this company. The contract is on a permenat base. We have to renew our permit anulally. I am an independent permit B holder, and I started work in Switzerland from Dec 2010.

Now my Husband may be laid-off due to the bad Ecomomy of his company in 2010. His Permit will expired on Jun. 2011.

My questions are:
1. Can I change my permit to a work permit while My husband take independent on me? If yes, what kind of precedure should I do?
My independedn permit expired in Auguest 2011.
2 .If question 1 is No. We learned that he can ask for a renew for his resident permit during the unemployed benifit period. Is my work permit still valid as he is unemployed?

PS: My husband is a scientist working in R&D department in a international company, and I am a Logistic specialist in a MNC.
We live in the same caton as my husband current employer located.
But I am working in another carton.

Thank you so much in advance to answer my questions.
Nice first (and only) post .

The answers depend on just a tad more information:

When did your husband start work?
What do you mean by independant permit holder? Do you actually mean dependant?
Reply With Quote
  #495  
Old 04.02.2011, 10:14
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vaud
Posts: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
suesue has no particular reputation at present
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.

Thank you Bob, He start work here from Jul 2009.
Sorry for the typo, My permit is a family permit, so it is dependent permit on my husband's permit.
Reply With Quote
  #496  
Old 11.02.2011, 20:56
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Basel, Stadt
Posts: 7
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Leeds500 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.

May double check with you, that the Ci Permit is restricted to Spouse and Partners are not included in this "Ci"?
Reply With Quote
  #497  
Old 13.02.2011, 13:17
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 24
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Tinderstick is considered knowledgeableTinderstick is considered knowledgeableTinderstick is considered knowledgeable
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.

Thanks to everyone providing such great information on this forum.

I would like to ask one thing. I apologize if the question was answered elsewhere, I tried to search for it but could not easily find it.

The question is regarding Neirynck initiative who started to apply this January:

"Parliament passed the Neirynck initiative on June 18, 2010, a parliamentary initiative aimed at amending article 21 of the Foreign Nationals Act. The amendment provides for foreign nationals graduating from a Swiss university-level institution to be on an equal footing with Swiss nationals when it comes to entering the Swiss labor market."

I am non-EU citizen, holder of two non-related degrees from Swiss Universities, PhD (science) Uni Basel, and Master (business) ETH Zurich and I will start looking for a job very very soon. Thus there are two things I am thinking about:

- I talked informally to several employers and they told me in unofficial conversation that my applications might be rejected here without too much explanation even if I am great fit due to work permit issues.

-I realized that it is very hard to get a permit outside of academia.

So the question is if anybody knows if the above mentioned initiative is being applied in practice?

This would facilitate many things for me, and otherwise I am not going even to waste time applying for job positions here. It would be of great help if anyone has any information on this.
Reply With Quote
  #498  
Old 14.02.2011, 14:41
swissbob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.

Quote:
View Post
- I talked informally to several employers and they told me in unofficial conversation that my applications might be rejected here without too much explanation even if I am great fit due to work permit issues.
It depends on the job. If it is of scientific or economic importance (according to who I wonder) then the work permit is guaranteed.

Quote:
View Post
So the question is if anybody knows if the above mentioned initiative is being applied in practice?
Yes, it is. As a graduate from a Swiss institution having completed your degree in Switzerland you are entitled to remain for 6 months to search for a job. Unless your job falls into the catagory described above then that is the limit of the initiative.

Quote:
View Post
This would facilitate many things for me, and otherwise I am not going even to waste time applying for job positions here. It would be of great help if anyone has any information on this.
If the job does not fit the above then the normal work permit process applies and that includes preference to EU/Swiss citizens.
Reply With Quote
  #499  
Old 14.02.2011, 21:24
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: bern
Posts: 52
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Godbless has no particular reputation at present
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.

Hello Swiss bob,

Can you let us know your answer for the Suesue's situ below?

Regards.

Quote:
View Post
Thank you Bob, He start work here from Jul 2009.
Sorry for the typo, My permit is a family permit, so it is dependent permit on my husband's permit.
Reply With Quote
  #500  
Old 14.02.2011, 22:29
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 24
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Tinderstick is considered knowledgeableTinderstick is considered knowledgeableTinderstick is considered knowledgeable
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.

Quote:
View Post
It depends on the job. If it is of scientific or economic importance (according to who I wonder) then the work permit is guaranteed.



If the job does not fit the above then the normal work permit process applies and that includes preference to EU/Swiss citizens.

First thank you very much for your reply.

Second what does it really mean economic importance and who judges that? For example (and really just for example) if one would get a job in top consulting company or for example business position in technology startup would that be of economic importance? It is clear for me that situation where you do an R&D in the field where you are top expert for not so high salary (on Swiss scale) you will be granted a permit on this bases but what for other entry level jobs? This article of the law is really blurry for me.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ausweis, non eu, permit, sticky thread, work




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Permits: What the the advantages of a C permit? Gav Permits/visas/government 84 27.07.2018 14:54
information on Residence Permits. NicM Permits/visas/government 5 12.03.2012 15:48
Different Permits Tiger Permits/visas/government 12 13.03.2010 20:25
Cumulus points for Rolling Stones Oldhand Daily life 18 15.07.2007 15:33


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0