English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Permits/visas/government (https://www.englishforum.ch/permits-visas-government/)
-   -   Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points. (https://www.englishforum.ch/permits-visas-government/8347-non-eu-permits-few-bullet-points.html)

hopschweiz 12.01.2008 08:31

Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.
 
Thanks for this list can you please reference the source?
I am a US citizen moving to Basel and my employer has been handling the permit process. What is the process after the permit has been granted. Can the employer send the permit to me, or do I have to enter Switzerland first and fill out more paperwork? Also, do I need to have a visa too, or is this implicit when filling out the work permit paperwork for foreigners?

justdoit 12.01.2008 10:05

Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by miniMia (Post 154876)
Do you have this in any other language? French or Italian for example? Where did this come from?

Hi sorry dont have this in other languages.

The source is http://www.arbeitsbewilligung.zh.ch/...gen_noneu.html

justdoit 12.01.2008 10:10

Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hopschweiz (Post 154898)
Thanks for this list can you please reference the source?
I am a US citizen moving to Basel and my employer has been handling the permit process. What is the process after the permit has been granted. Can the employer send the permit to me, or do I have to enter Switzerland first and fill out more paperwork? Also, do I need to have a visa too, or is this implicit when filling out the work permit paperwork for foreigners?

The answers to the questions you raised is on this thread. But just to for your information the employer sends you the paper for approval of the permit and then you come to switzerland and apply for the permit in the local town council of the place where you live.

If you normally dont need a visa to enter switzerland for tourist purpose there is no visa requirement. I am not sure about the rules for US citizens you can read through the thread the answers are there

miniMia 12.01.2008 10:27

Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by justdoit (Post 154919)
Hi sorry dont have this in other languages.

The source is http://www.arbeitsbewilligung.zh.ch/...gen_noneu.html

Yes, thank you. I did find the original site hoping it might have a Fr or It version but it didn't. I didn't find this same text in the federal site. I'm sure someone will be along to give us an overview of the text!

miniMia 12.01.2008 10:29

Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hopschweiz (Post 154898)
Thanks for this list can you please reference the source?
I am a US citizen moving to Basel and my employer has been handling the permit process. What is the process after the permit has been granted. Can the employer send the permit to me, or do I have to enter Switzerland first and fill out more paperwork? Also, do I need to have a visa too, or is this implicit when filling out the work permit paperwork for foreigners?

You should receive a letter confirming your permit has been approved. Then with the paper you have to get your permit in person. You do not need a visa to enter the country.

justdoit 12.01.2008 10:40

Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by miniMia (Post 154927)
Yes, thank you. I did find the original site hoping it might have a Fr or It version but it didn't. I didn't find this same text in the federal site. I'm sure someone will be along to give us an overview of the text!

Look at article 46 of the AUG
http://www.admin.ch/ch/d/sr/142_20/a46.html

This should be in french also

The english translation i got is

employment of spouses and children
Ehegatten und Kinder von Schweizerinnen und Schweizern sowie von Personen mit einer Niederlassungs- oder Aufenthaltsbewilligung (Art. 42–44) können eine selbständige oder unselbständige Erwerbstätigkeit in der ganzen Schweiz ausüben.
Spouses and children of Swiss citizens and persons with an establishment or residence permit (Article 42-44) can be an independent or dependent employment in the whole exercise Switzerland.

12.01.2008 11:21

Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by justdoit (Post 154933)
Look at article 46 of the AUG
http://www.admin.ch/ch/d/sr/142_20/a46.html

This should be in french also

The english translation i got is

employment of spouses and children

Ehegatten und Kinder von Schweizerinnen und Schweizern sowie von Personen mit einer Niederlassungs- oder Aufenthaltsbewilligung (Art. 42–44) können eine selbständige oder unselbständige Erwerbstätigkeit in der ganzen Schweiz ausüben.

Spouses and children of Swiss citizens and persons with an establishment or residence permit (Article 42-44) can be an independent or dependent employment in the whole exercise Switzerland.

This is important stuff - it effects many people on the forum in a similar situation to Kalyan.

For me, there is still some confusion in the legislation. What is clear is that non-EU citizens with L permits are not included in the above (art 45 not included in art 46). Those married to a Swiss citizen and those with C permits are included (art 42 and 43). The rest fall into the category discussed in art 44. It is clear that student permits are excluded.

My guess is that the residence permit has to be open and connected to a full time employment contractand not a restricted one linked to a project - but that's only my guess.

@kalyan - you state that your assignment is for 2 years fixed. The fact that your wife has been issued with a residence permit only (assuming you differentiate because the right to work is not included) suggests that my guess is in the right direction. It would be very interesting to know if she does get the right to work without finding a job first - if you go to your local town hall they should be able to tell you one way or the other. If you do this, please post the result here.

fran001 16.01.2008 00:01

Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kalyan (Post 154666)
Yeah. I mis understood how a Ci permit works. We dont fit into a Ci permit!

Can someone tell me what should we do to enable my wife to work? Can she look for a job with her dependent visa and then take it up once we get the work permit?

Does anybody know by now, regarding the deutsch text, if the wife (Dependent permit) can work if her husband is granted a B Permit (full-time contract)? (both non-EU citizens)

aryadne 16.01.2008 00:14

Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.
 
thanks for the help but i am still slightly confused
my confusion is over going from a B to a C permit and whether it is only time dependent or whether it is dependent on the individual clerk looking into the case whether you granted the C permit (whether you are deemed integrated enough)?
i have looked up the available links in the auslaendergesetz, specifically:
http://www.bfm.admin.ch/etc/medialib..._neu__d_01.pdf
which seems to imply that canadians have the right to go from a B to a C permit after 5 and not 10 years
QUESTION:
after you apply to get a C permit is it automatic (dependent on the time you have had a valid B permit your or not), and if it is not, does it help to hire a lawyer to handle the paperwork?
all experience and information would be greatly appreciated

litespeed 16.01.2008 00:53

Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aryadne (Post 156952)
thanks for the help but i am still slightly confused
my confusion is over going from a B to a C permit and whether it is only time dependent or whether it is dependent on the individual clerk looking into the case whether you granted the C permit (whether you are deemed integrated enough)?
i have looked up the available links in the auslaendergesetz, specifically:
http://www.bfm.admin.ch/etc/medialib..._neu__d_01.pdf
which seems to imply that canadians have the right to go from a B to a C permit after 5 and not 10 years
QUESTION:
after you apply to get a C permit is it automatic (dependent on the time you have had a valid B permit your or not), and if it is not, does it help to hire a lawyer to handle the paperwork?
all experience and information would be greatly appreciated

Any B-Permit holder can "APPLY" for a C Permit after 5 years. However....

The only people who currently have a "right" to a C-Permit after 5 years uninterrupted residence are EU-15 citizens (and probably soon EU-8 citizens). After 10 years uninterrupted residence US citizens also have a right. I believe Canadian citizens may also have a right after 10 years but I am not 100% sure.

So if you are not an EU / US / Canadian citizen, your entitlement to a C-Permit is completely at the discretion of the authorities, unless you have some other entitlement ( eg. spouse of CH-citizen, hold a chair at a University, etc.), therefore in these cases NOT AUTOMATIC.

This is why the C-Permit application for non-EU citizens has so many more hoops to jump through (eg. Language proficiency).

16.01.2008 06:08

Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fran001 (Post 156946)
Does anybody know by now, regarding the deutsch text, if the wife (Dependent permit) can work if her husband is granted a B Permit (full-time contract)? (both non-EU citizens)

Since 01.01.2008 the answer is yes.

fran001 16.01.2008 18:51

Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.
 
Thanks. That's very good...!
Being non-EU that's a great change in the law....
;)

aryadne 16.01.2008 23:31

Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.
 
thanks for the quick answer, to the question about B to C permit changes for canadians, it makes sense (unfortunately)
cheers
p.s. is the german language skill requirement regulated (i.e. level....) or at the discretion of the deciding office

RAYN2020 17.01.2008 18:05

Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.
 
Hi
Need your help, to better understand law of permit.
I am non Eu(indian). Just got merried in last week with my swisss(indian) wife. she is holding a swiss passport. So she is now swiss national.

I am going to apply for the permit.
For which permit i should apply?
How long it will take to receive C permit for non EU from 1 jan 2008?
Please advice if any needed

Hope you will help me

Thanks in advance

Rayn

17.01.2008 18:32

Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAYN2020 (Post 158196)
Hi
Need your help, to better understand law of permit.
I am non Eu(indian). Just got merried in last week with my swisss(indian) wife. she is holding a swiss passport. So she is now swiss national.

I am going to apply for the permit.
For which permit i should apply?
How long it will take to receive C permit for non EU from 1 jan 2008?
Please advice if any needed

Hope you will help me

Thanks in advance

Rayn

If you use the search fuction you will find threads like this which answer your questions.

xfreakx 28.01.2008 19:20

Did I get a C permit?!!
 
Hi Everybody - after being rejected first (I am non-EU) and much fighting back with the help of the company that is employing me I finally got the permit today!!!! It was tough and long wait but it was worth it!

Anywho, the fact of the matter is that I was really expecting to get a B-permit which is what my employer said I would get. However on the receipt of payment for the permit, which was 116 CHF, it is written that

" (uebrige Staatsangehoerige und Ersterteilung C-Bew. alle Staatsangehoerige) "

from my little German knowledge - actually dont even need that to see the 'C' - I am guessing that I got the C-permit?! Is it? Can someone with good German or familiar with this please confirm? Thanks a lot!


Bestest regards,
X

Tilia 28.01.2008 19:28

Re: Did I get a C permit?!!
 
I doubt it (sorry to disappoint you). I think the sentence should be read that the fee is for _a_ permit (i.e. any permit) for Non-EU and for C permit for all nationalities (i.e. not only non-EU and/or EU).




Quote:

Originally Posted by xfreakx (Post 163865)
Hi Everybody - after being rejected first (I am non-EU) and much fighting back with the help of the company that is employing me I finally got the permit today!!!! It was tough and long wait but it was worth it!

Anywho, the fact of the matter is that I was really expecting to get a B-permit which is what my employer said I would get. However on the receipt of payment for the permit, which was 116 CHF, it is written that

" (uebrige Staatsangehoerige und Ersterteilung C-Bew. alle Staatsangehoerige) "

from my little German knowledge - actually dont even need that to see the 'C' - I am guessing that I got the C-permit?! Is it? Can someone with good German or familiar with this please confirm? Thanks a lot!


Bestest regards,
X


xfreakx 28.01.2008 19:38

Re: Did I get a C permit?!!
 
Thanks for the quick reply!

chrisch 28.01.2008 19:45

Re: Did I get a C permit?!!
 
Qualifying for a C-permit comes down to two things: Where you are from and how long you've been here. I got my C-permit after five years despite being non-EU. However, each non-EU country is treated differently. What's your situation?

xfreakx 28.01.2008 23:29

Re: Did I get a C permit?!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisch (Post 163874)
Qualifying for a C-permit comes down to two things: Where you are from and how long you've been here. I got my C-permit after five years despite being non-EU. However, each non-EU country is treated differently. What's your situation?

Hi - this is my first month in Switzerland, although I have been in Europe for more than 4 years now. I am not sure how long I will have to wait, but I know of an Indian who got a C-permit after about only 18 months of stay. Also he is in IT which might have made it faster/easier for him to get the C-permit. Since I'm not in IT (I'm in finance/banking) I'm not sure that I will have this advantage. You might also have to consider that we are talking about St. Gallen here, which is probably very different compared to Zurich when it comes to the permits, ainnit

One more question: does age have anything to do with getting work-permit? Is it easier if you are, say above 30, have work experience, etc., than say very-young person like 22-25, with very little work-experience? Thanks.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:40.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0