Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26.08.2010, 02:18
Casa85's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Basel
Posts: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Casa85 has no particular reputation at present
Help with Residence Permit

I'm American. I live in the US and my girlfriend is Swiss/German and lives in SWitzerland.
We are planning on getting married on Sept 10, 2010. She's coming over to the US and we thought we'd do the paper work here as well. I am planning on pursuing a Master's in MIME at the University of Basel starting Spring 2011. Should I apply for a Student Visa? or should I wait for my D visa...She's going back to Switzerland in Oct. and will immediately file the paperwork for me to join her.
Question2: would it better(faster is what i mean) to just marry in Switzerland and wait for my residence permit B there?

Do I also qualify for a gErman residence permit if I we change our address to Germany? we will be living in Basel so it is fairly close to Lorarch...

Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote
Old 26.08.2010, 07:45
CheesyKiwi's Avatar
Forum Veteran
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Basel, Bruderholz
Posts: 509
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 363 Times in 160 Posts
CheesyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeCheesyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeCheesyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeCheesyKiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help with Residence Permit

View Post
Any suggestions?
Welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay.

Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Work permit (on paper), but no residence permit yet rettav Permits/visas/government 9 19.01.2014 16:48
Federal approved my work Permit, type B. Residence permit next? How long it takes? yezi Permits/visas/government 10 05.08.2010 13:09
Flight Attendant with CMC w/o Residence Permit or B Permit fionaliew Permits/visas/government 24 31.12.2009 14:35
What is the difference between Work Permit and Residence permit, or are they the same empeppa Permits/visas/government 1 08.04.2009 17:06

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:11.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0