Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 23.09.2010, 19:06
pelu-us's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 10
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 10 Times in 3 Posts
pelu-us has no particular reputation at present
NonEU Application time question

Greetings,

I am a non/EU, but my spouse is, (German). I got a Job offer from the same company i am currently working for, to work at the headquarters in Switzerland (Aargau). The company is applying for my WP, I believe the application is being done as intercompany transfer (I went through the sticky notes), does anyone know if this makes any difference on the processing time? How long does it normally take for the application process?
The Position is as senior specialist (10yr expirience).

I am currently living in the US (permanent resident), and I would like to know the time frame, to arrange all is needed for relocation

Any help is apreciated, Thanks !!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 23.09.2010, 23:12
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tessin
Posts: 6,149
Groaned at 122 Times in 89 Posts
Thanked 7,259 Times in 3,419 Posts
Mrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: NonEU Application time question

Quote:
View Post
Greetings,

I am a non/EU, but my spouse is, (German). I got a Job offer from the same company i am currently working for, to work at the headquarters in Switzerland (Aargau). The company is applying for my WP, I believe the application is being done as intercompany transfer (I went through the sticky notes), does anyone know if this makes any difference on the processing time? How long does it normally take for the application process?
The Position is as senior specialist (10yr expirience).

I am currently living in the US (permanent resident), and I would like to know the time frame, to arrange all is needed for relocation

Any help is apreciated, Thanks !!
Is the employment offered for a fixed term or open ended?

The timeline for approval really does vary so it is impossible to say how long things can take but being with the same company could have some bearing. The employment contract will stipulate that it is not valid unless you have been issued a work permit.

Hopefully you have a good relocation package that will include provisions for paid temporary furnished accommodation. That will give you time once you are here to look for suitable housing. This is also helpful if you are shipping furniture.

Hope you will hear positive news in the near future.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 27.09.2010, 20:00
pelu-us's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 10
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 10 Times in 3 Posts
pelu-us has no particular reputation at present
Re: NonEU Application time question

Quote:
View Post
Is the employment offered for a fixed term or open ended?

The timeline for approval really does vary so it is impossible to say how long things can take but being with the same company could have some bearing. The employment contract will stipulate that it is not valid unless you have been issued a work permit.

Hopefully you have a good relocation package that will include provisions for paid temporary furnished accommodation. That will give you time once you are here to look for suitable housing. This is also helpful if you are shipping furniture.

Hope you will hear positive news in the near future.
Thanks Mrs. Doolittle.
Indeed, my contract is based on the visa approval, I also believe the offered is with an open ended as it is a permanent transfer.
The company normally takes care of every moving issues and thankfully they will cover a temporary accommodations. This is a big company and had done many transfers like this so I hope things will move in the right direction.
Thanks again for your reply
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 27.09.2010, 20:36
swissbob
 
Posts: n/a
Re: NonEU Application time question

Quote:
View Post
The company is applying for my WP, I believe the application is being done as intercompany transfer (I went through the sticky notes), does anyone know if this makes any difference on the processing time?
Quote:
View Post
Indeed, my contract is based on the visa approval, I also believe the offered is with an open ended as it is a permanent transfer.

Funnily enough, if the transfer was a fixed term deal, like a couple of years, it would make a difference in the processing time i.e. can be quite a bit quicker. For a permanent transfer it's not a lot different, on average, from other permit applications.

Best case a couple of weeks, worst case 3 months. Approximately.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question on "vermögen" in housing application forms c123 Housing in general 5 11.07.2010 19:42
What to do if no permits available for NonEU?ers jamesmoody Permits/visas/government 7 17.06.2010 12:00
Question on visa type D application kitten23kate Permits/visas/government 1 05.05.2010 11:34
Job application and response time Mokelle Employment 0 02.05.2009 12:04
Question on a job application form markalex Employment 17 27.02.2009 11:44


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0