Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Permits/visas/government  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09.11.2010, 23:27
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rolle
Posts: 125
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts
Kristofolo has earned some respectKristofolo has earned some respect
Frontalier still holding a C permit?

Hello,

I am a EU citizen living and working in Switzerland. I have a C permit. I am thinking of relocating to the other side of the border in France while still working for my swiss employer in Switzerland. I would then become a frontalier with a G permit. However for some reasons I would like to keep my C permit. Is it feasible to have an official residence in Switzerland (with a C permit) while living the daily life of a frontalier?

Thanks in advance for all answers.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09.11.2010, 23:38
swissbob
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Frontalier still holding a C permit?

Quote:
View Post
Hello,

I am a EU citizen living and working in Switzerland. I have a C permit. I am thinking of relocating to the other side of the border in France while still working for my swiss employer in Switzerland. I would then become a frontalier with a G permit. However for some reasons I would like to keep my C permit. Is it feasible to have an official residence in Switzerland (with a C permit) while living the daily life of a frontalier?

Thanks in advance for all answers.
Well no. You wouldn't be resident in Switzerland would you?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10.11.2010, 00:01
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rolle
Posts: 125
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts
Kristofolo has earned some respectKristofolo has earned some respect
Re: Frontalier still holding a C permit?

Actually I wouldn't. But what if my official (not real) address was in Switzerland (friend, family, domiciliation service,...)?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10.11.2010, 01:04
Jim2007's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kt. Bern
Posts: 4,704
Groaned at 234 Times in 184 Posts
Thanked 7,736 Times in 3,416 Posts
Jim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Frontalier still holding a C permit?

Quote:
View Post
Actually I wouldn't. But what if my official (not real) address was in Switzerland (friend, family, domiciliation service,...)?
Yes, but the French are highly motivated to catch people earning a high Swiss income A colleague of mine was caught dropping his kids of a French school - they were actually sitting in front of the school house wait for parents driving cars with Swiss number plates

Good luck with that,

Jim.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Jim2007 for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 10.11.2010, 05:41
miniMia's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: romandie
Posts: 9,975
Groaned at 101 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 9,106 Times in 4,522 Posts
miniMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Frontalier still holding a C permit?

Quote:
View Post
Actually I wouldn't. But what if my official (not real) address was in Switzerland (friend, family, domiciliation service,...)?
Then you wouldn't get a G permit would you. You can't have it both ways, I'm afraid.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10.11.2010, 07:17
swissbob
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Frontalier still holding a C permit?

Quote:
View Post
Actually I wouldn't. But what if my official (not real) address was in Switzerland (friend, family, domiciliation service,...)?
So the Swiss will be expecting yo to pay social security, taxes, health insurance, etc while the French... well, you get the idea.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10.11.2010, 21:54
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rolle
Posts: 125
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts
Kristofolo has earned some respectKristofolo has earned some respect
Re: Frontalier still holding a C permit?

Quote:
View Post
Yes, but the French are highly motivated to catch people earning a high Swiss income A colleague of mine was caught dropping his kids of a French school - they were actually sitting in front of the school house wait for parents driving cars with Swiss number plates
Jim.
Very interesting... And what happened to him?

I really think the problem lies on the french side. I can't see the swiss complain as they would keep getting income tax, health insurance, etc... The french would get nothing.

I don't seem to be the only one considering this option according to this
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10.11.2010, 23:25
miniMia's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: romandie
Posts: 9,975
Groaned at 101 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 9,106 Times in 4,522 Posts
miniMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Frontalier still holding a C permit?

Quote:
View Post
Very interesting... And what happened to him?

I really think the problem lies on the french side. I can't see the swiss complain as they would keep getting income tax, health insurance, etc... The french would get nothing.

I don't seem to be the only one considering this option according to this
But those are Swiss people they are talking about in the article. You can go live in France but you can't keep your C permit. If you move far way, like Buenos Aires for example , the authorities will give x amount of time to move back and reclaim your C permit. However, in your case you will need to change your C for a G, not "put your C permit on hold" (so to speak).
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
longest time of holding student permit B coomteng Permits/visas/government 8 25.04.2010 01:03
Non EU, holding B permit, Apply for university in other EU yuhu Permits/visas/government 0 01.12.2009 22:00
B Permit to one holding F Ardneham Permits/visas/government 0 21.08.2008 13:36
Can my Spouse work if i am holding B permit Dillon Permits/visas/government 29 17.07.2008 13:48
Immunizations/Vaccinations for holding a Permit Szandor_Nostromo Permits/visas/government 1 15.11.2007 23:29


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0