Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Pet corner  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 19.03.2021, 22:20
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Bern
Posts: 18
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 25 Times in 12 Posts
Jenn has no particular reputation at present
Pet accupuncture

Hi all,

Does anyone know or can recommend an accupuncture pet practitioner close to Bern?
I have a three legged dog who benefits greatly from it so hoping to continue the treatment in Switzerland.

Thanks so much
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 19.03.2021, 22:27
Island Monkey's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wallis
Posts: 6,488
Groaned at 114 Times in 79 Posts
Thanked 7,243 Times in 3,303 Posts
Island Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pet accupuncture

Sorry can't help, but was just thinking how my dog would never lie still whilst having needles stuck in it

How is your dog with the Liver tumour doing? Ok I hope!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Island Monkey for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 19.03.2021, 23:12
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Bern
Posts: 18
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 25 Times in 12 Posts
Jenn has no particular reputation at present
Re: Pet accupuncture

Quote:
View Post
Sorry can't help, but was just thinking how my dog would never lie still whilst having needles stuck in it

How is your dog with the Liver tumour doing? Ok I hope!
It’s really funny actually - here they give him a lick mat but I can still here him barking from the car 🙈😂
It really gives him a lot of relief though!

My girl is actually doing great! Thanks for asking! We ended up being really lucky. When my vet did the laparoscopy for the biopsy it was one isolated tumor so he just removed it (the size of two fists). The labs came back and it was benign - we still need to monitor her every 6 months or so but for two dogs with cancer.
My pups 2 : 0 cancer 🙌🏻
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank Jenn for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 20.03.2021, 08:57
countrybumpkin's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: France
Posts: 389
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 685 Times in 268 Posts
countrybumpkin has an excellent reputationcountrybumpkin has an excellent reputationcountrybumpkin has an excellent reputationcountrybumpkin has an excellent reputation
Re: Pet accupuncture

Quote:
View Post
Sorry can't help, but was just thinking how my dog would never lie still whilst having needles stuck in it

How is your dog with the Liver tumour doing? Ok I hope!
I just put “tier acupuncture bern” in my search bar and a few came up. I can’t recommend any but you could start your research.

My old girl really benefited from it mixed with physio/osteopathy. We tried hydrotherapy but she found that too stressful. For the acupuncture and physiology she would fall asleep mid treatment.

Good luck
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank countrybumpkin for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 20.03.2021, 09:21
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: na
Posts: 11,387
Groaned at 37 Times in 33 Posts
Thanked 27,107 Times in 8,371 Posts
meloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pet accupuncture

If you don't get a recommendation in Bern and are open to traveling further afield, I can recommend Dr. Annina Laim at the Ennetseeklinik in Hünenberg ZG
.
https://www.ennetseeklinik.ch/site/index.cfm
https://www.ennetseeklinik.ch/domain...ina%20Laim.pdf

That's quite a trek for you, however. Hopefully someone will have a recommendation in Bern.

Dr Laim studied at UniBe veterinary school, so I would guess that the Kleintierklinik at the university might also be a resource for you.

Also, ask your general practice vet - often this is offered at the practice, or your vet will know of someone in the area.

Veterinary acupuncture is fairly easy to find in Switzerland.

---

I am so pleased to hear that your girl's tumor turned out to be benign. What a relief!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank meloncollie for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 20.03.2021, 15:54
Traubert's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,136
Groaned at 11 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 2,265 Times in 801 Posts
Traubert has a reputation beyond reputeTraubert has a reputation beyond reputeTraubert has a reputation beyond reputeTraubert has a reputation beyond reputeTraubert has a reputation beyond reputeTraubert has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pet accupuncture

Quote:
View Post
If you don't get a recommendation in Bern and are open to traveling further afield, I can recommend Dr. Annina Laim at the Ennetseeklinik in Hünenberg ZG
.
https://www.ennetseeklinik.ch/site/index.cfm
https://www.ennetseeklinik.ch/domain...ina%20Laim.pdf

That's quite a trek for you, however. Hopefully someone will have a recommendation in Bern.

Dr Laim studied at UniBe veterinary school, so I would guess that the Kleintierklinik at the university might also be a resource for you.

Also, ask your general practice vet - often this is offered at the practice, or your vet will know of someone in the area.

Veterinary acupuncture is fairly easy to find in Switzerland.

---

I am so pleased to hear that your girl's tumor turned out to be benign. What a relief!
I can second this. My kitty suffered a terrible spinal trauma and underwent surgery at the Tierspital in Zurich. As part of his rehabilitation he had acupuncture at Ennetsee. The vet who does this there is wonderful and I have to say (Dr Laim), his recovery confounded everyone including her. He's a miracle kitty though.

Last edited by Traubert; 01.04.2021 at 16:26. Reason: Typo in name
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Traubert for this useful post:
  #7  
Old 25.03.2021, 11:53
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: AG, ZH, ZG
Posts: 98
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 145 Times in 72 Posts
CherryTree2014 has earned some respectCherryTree2014 has earned some respect
Re: Pet accupuncture

Quote:
View Post
Hi all,

Does anyone know or can recommend an accupuncture pet practitioner close to Bern?
I have a three legged dog who benefits greatly from it so hoping to continue the treatment in Switzerland.

Thanks so much
You can try Dr. Patrick Blättler in Frenkendorf, BL.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank CherryTree2014 for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stop smoking with laser accupuncture! tasharain Commercial 30 17.06.2008 02:46


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0