Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Pet corner  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 28.02.2010, 19:27
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 21
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 34 Times in 5 Posts
Zeynep G has no particular reputation at present
[Now found!] Please help us find our grey/black tiger cat Salsa![Update: she's home!]

Hi
Today Salsa (our 1 yr old tiger (grey and black) cat) climbed out of a window onto scaffolding and has run off. We have looked all over and cannot find her.
If you are near Universitatstrasse (between Seilbahn Rigiblick and Haldenbach) or roads either side and see a cat matching the photo link please call

She has no collar on and is not chipped as she has never left the apartment before (and is very timid anyway!)

We have put up flyers all over the area and patrolled it 3 times already (and again tonight when its quieter) any other hints much appreciated.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink (cat on left)

Nick 0794272039

Thanks so much

Nick and Zeynep
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 28.02.2010, 19:35
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Zurich
Posts: 4,584
Groaned at 152 Times in 98 Posts
Thanked 7,567 Times in 2,587 Posts
Kittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Please help us find our grey/black tiger Salsa! 8006

I live close by and will certainly keep a lookout for your cat. Is it the type who likes to crawl into confined spaces when she's worried/scared? Might be hiding in a bicycle stand somewhere...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 28.02.2010, 19:54
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Zurich
Posts: 4,584
Groaned at 152 Times in 98 Posts
Thanked 7,567 Times in 2,587 Posts
Kittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Please help us find our grey/black tiger Salsa! 8006

Which side of the road, btw, odd or even numbers?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 28.02.2010, 20:21
CheesyKiwi's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Basel, Bruderholz
Posts: 509
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 363 Times in 160 Posts
CheesyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeCheesyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeCheesyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeCheesyKiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Please help us find our grey/black tiger Salsa! 8006

I updated the photo for you

CK
Attached Thumbnails
now-found-please-help-us-find-our-grey-black-tiger-cat-salsa-update-she-s-home-dsc_0283-updated.jpg  
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 28.02.2010, 20:33
NSchulzi's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Zug
Posts: 2,428
Groaned at 53 Times in 34 Posts
Thanked 2,523 Times in 1,215 Posts
NSchulzi has a reputation beyond reputeNSchulzi has a reputation beyond reputeNSchulzi has a reputation beyond reputeNSchulzi has a reputation beyond reputeNSchulzi has a reputation beyond reputeNSchulzi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Please help us find our grey/black tiger Salsa! 8006

Very best of luck in finding your adorable cat. If it is any comfort, the last two missing kitties belonging to EFers either returned home or were found in unlikely nooks and crannies.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank NSchulzi for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 28.02.2010, 20:42
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 21
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 34 Times in 5 Posts
Zeynep G has no particular reputation at present
Re: Please help us find our grey/black tiger Salsa! 8006

Thank you so much for your support! We are really worried as she has never been out before. She is already a very shy cat so i believe she will just hide somewhere for a while and likely to get out when she needs food...
We live on the odd numbers side of the road and looked every little hole pretty much. But ofcourse when it comes to a scared shy cat, you never know..

We are so so upset and dont know what to do much...
Zeynep


Quote:
View Post
I live close by and will certainly keep a lookout for your cat. Is it the type who likes to crawl into confined spaces when she's worried/scared? Might be hiding in a bicycle stand somewhere...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 28.02.2010, 20:43
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 21
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 34 Times in 5 Posts
Zeynep G has no particular reputation at present
Re: Please help us find our grey/black tiger Salsa! 8006

Thank you so much..I am hoping that someone will find her and call us soon. I cant even think of the otherwise...: ((


Quote:
View Post
Very best of luck in finding your adorable cat. If it is any comfort, the last two missing kitties belonging to EFers either returned home or were found in unlikely nooks and crannies.

Last edited by evilshell; 28.02.2010 at 21:06. Reason: fixed quote tag
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 28.02.2010, 21:08
evilshell's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UK, formerly Basel
Posts: 3,364
Groaned at 97 Times in 81 Posts
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,341 Posts
evilshell has a reputation beyond reputeevilshell has a reputation beyond reputeevilshell has a reputation beyond reputeevilshell has a reputation beyond reputeevilshell has a reputation beyond reputeevilshell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Please help us find our grey/black tiger cat Salsa! Zurich 8006 28 Feb 2010

Best of luck finding kitty!!

Now that it is a bit quieter outside and kitty's been out a few hours, try bringing some food - the stinkier the better - outside and call her name.

You might also want to leave a small plate on the scaffolding by the window where she left - she might return there. Keep the window open (and hte other cat out of the room!) all night, as she may wait until the most quiet time of night to come home if she tries to come back to where she left from.
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank evilshell for this useful post:
  #9  
Old 01.03.2010, 22:12
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tessin
Posts: 6,245
Groaned at 124 Times in 91 Posts
Thanked 7,405 Times in 3,486 Posts
Mrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Please help us find our grey/black tiger cat Salsa! Zurich 8006 28 Feb 2010

Quote:
View Post
Hi
Today Salsa (our 1 yr old tiger (grey and black) cat) climbed out of a window onto scaffolding and has run off. We have looked all over and cannot find her.
If you are near Universitatstrasse (between Seilbahn Rigiblick and Haldenbach) or roads either side and see a cat matching the photo link please call

She has no collar on and is not chipped as she has never left the apartment before (and is very timid anyway!)

We have put up flyers all over the area and patrolled it 3 times already (and again tonight when its quieter) any other hints much appreciated.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink (cat on left)

Nick 0794272039

Thanks so much

Nick and Zeynep
Did you see this sticky? There are instructions on how to report a lost pet.
Tips on How To Report a Lost or Found Pet

I hope you find her.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01.03.2010, 22:19
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Zürich
Posts: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
pmukerji has no particular reputation at present
Re: Please help us find our grey/black tiger cat Salsa! Zurich 8006 28 Feb 2010

I live just around that area. I've added your number to my phone in case I see her. Best of luck.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank pmukerji for this useful post:
  #11  
Old 01.03.2010, 22:21
NSchulzi's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Zug
Posts: 2,428
Groaned at 53 Times in 34 Posts
Thanked 2,523 Times in 1,215 Posts
NSchulzi has a reputation beyond reputeNSchulzi has a reputation beyond reputeNSchulzi has a reputation beyond reputeNSchulzi has a reputation beyond reputeNSchulzi has a reputation beyond reputeNSchulzi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Please help us find our grey/black tiger cat Salsa! Zurich 8006 28 Feb 2010

I was literally just wondering about her and hoping that no news was good news. Do not give up hope.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank NSchulzi for this useful post:
  #12  
Old 01.03.2010, 22:37
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tessin
Posts: 6,245
Groaned at 124 Times in 91 Posts
Thanked 7,405 Times in 3,486 Posts
Mrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Please help us find our grey/black tiger cat Salsa! Zurich 8006 28 Feb 2010

Quote:
View Post
I was literally just wondering about her and hoping that no news was good news. Do not give up hope.
Don't give up. Just keep searching and putting up the posters, canvassing the area and calling her name. I know what you are going through. A few years ago our cockatoo escaped. We were very lucky that someone found her. She took shelter on a balcony. If not for the posters, they never would have contacted us.

Do you have two cats? If you have a cat carrier, put the second cat in it and take him/her with you. If he meows, as a lot of cats do in carriers, the missing cat might recognize it. Just a thought.

Someone may have found her already but with no chip, they may think she doesn't belong to anyone. You should take posters to the local veterinarians too in case someone finds her.

Please, everyone, even if your cat is a housecat, they should be chipped and registered with ANIS, the national animal registry. This really does help reunite pets with their owners.

Keeping my thumbs pressed for you.
__________________

Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Mrs. Doolittle for this useful post:
  #13  
Old 02.03.2010, 00:58
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bern
Posts: 246
Groaned at 25 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 156 Times in 89 Posts
annas has earned some respectannas has earned some respect
Re: Please help us find our grey/black tiger cat Salsa! Zurich 8006 28 Feb 2010

I hope you already found your cat.

You said that she is timid, so she might be hiding somewhere even very close by.
From my experience, I would recommend you to look for her in all dark places that she could have access to, calling for her and waiting long for an answer.
I found my cat after two-three days hiding in the underground car park where I had gone the very first night to look for him but he had not answered.
When I went to the garage the second time (after having been mostly everywhere in the neighbourhood) I called him and waited long for a response until he suddenly made a sound which was not even a miao but made me insisting in calling him until he finally came out of a car.

As other advised, you should also put up posters for people that could find her before you.
I really hope she is already back, or she will be very soon!
Let us know!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank annas for this useful post:
  #14  
Old 02.03.2010, 13:53
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 21
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 34 Times in 5 Posts
Zeynep G has no particular reputation at present
Re: Please help us find our grey/black tiger cat Salsa! Zurich 8006 28 Feb 2010

Thanks for your good wishes. We havent found her yet. This is really breaking my heart... I wish I had her chipped: (((
I will try taking the sister out in a carrier. It might help as you say.
Thanks again!
Z


Quote:
View Post
Don't give up. Just keep searching and putting up the posters, canvassing the area and calling her name. I know what you are going through. A few years ago our cockatoo escaped. We were very lucky that someone found her. She took shelter on a balcony. If not for the posters, they never would have contacted us.

Do you have two cats? If you have a cat carrier, put the second cat in it and take him/her with you. If he meows, as a lot of cats do in carriers, the missing cat might recognize it. Just a thought.

Someone may have found her already but with no chip, they may think she doesn't belong to anyone. You should take posters to the local veterinarians too in case someone finds her.

Please, everyone, even if your cat is a housecat, they should be chipped and registered with ANIS, the national animal registry. This really does help reunite pets with their owners.

Keeping my thumbs pressed for you.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02.03.2010, 13:55
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 21
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 34 Times in 5 Posts
Zeynep G has no particular reputation at present
Re: Please help us find our grey/black tiger cat Salsa! Zurich 8006 28 Feb 2010

My husband walks around the neighbourhood every night for an hour. Will keep doing it but everyday we feel more devistated.. But as you say, she is very timid and wouldnt anwser us calling for her. So will try again and again..
Thanks a lot!
Z

Quote:
View Post
I hope you already found your cat.

You said that she is timid, so she might be hiding somewhere even very close by.
From my experience, I would recommend you to look for her in all dark places that she could have access to, calling for her and waiting long for an answer.
I found my cat after two-three days hiding in the underground car park where I had gone the very first night to look for him but he had not answered.
When I went to the garage the second time (after having been mostly everywhere in the neighbourhood) I called him and waited long for a response until he suddenly made a sound which was not even a miao but made me insisting in calling him until he finally came out of a car.

As other advised, you should also put up posters for people that could find her before you.
I really hope she is already back, or she will be very soon!
Let us know!
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Zeynep G for this useful post:
  #16  
Old 02.03.2010, 13:57
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 21
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 34 Times in 5 Posts
Zeynep G has no particular reputation at present
Re: Please help us find our grey/black tiger cat Salsa! Zurich 8006 28 Feb 2010

Thank you very much. We walk around at night as is quieter and the other cats tend to walk around at night time. She wouldnt respond to her name i dont think, but a general call might help...
Thanks again..
Z

Quote:
View Post
I live just around that area. I've added your number to my phone in case I see her. Best of luck.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02.03.2010, 15:34
lemondrizzle's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 314
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 142 Times in 103 Posts
lemondrizzle is considered knowledgeablelemondrizzle is considered knowledgeablelemondrizzle is considered knowledgeable
Re: Please help us find our grey/black tiger cat Salsa! Zurich 8006 28 Feb 2010

I couldn't sleep when one of our cats disappeared. Another thing we did apart from putting up posters was print off individual leaflets and post them into every single letterbox in the surrounding streets. The man in the photocopying shop thought I was crazy. Still, we found our cat - a man just one road down had 'adopted' him, but when he got the leaflet in his post, he phoned us up. He hadn't seen any of the posters we put up. Good luck and take care,
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank lemondrizzle for this useful post:
  #18  
Old 02.03.2010, 15:37
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tee Chee No?
Posts: 1,846
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 1,485 Times in 713 Posts
Boxman has a reputation beyond reputeBoxman has a reputation beyond reputeBoxman has a reputation beyond reputeBoxman has a reputation beyond reputeBoxman has a reputation beyond reputeBoxman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Please help us find our grey/black tiger cat Salsa! Zurich 8006 28 Feb 2010

I think the best thing you can do is talk to local vets as they would a) know if an animal came in needing treatment or examining and b) know where such animals would be taken.

Without a chip, this is your best bet. The chip is so simple but so important.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Boxman for this useful post:
  #19  
Old 02.03.2010, 16:00
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Zurich
Posts: 4,584
Groaned at 152 Times in 98 Posts
Thanked 7,567 Times in 2,587 Posts
Kittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Please help us find our grey/black tiger cat Salsa! Zurich 8006 28 Feb 2010

Kleintierklinik Oberstrass would be the closest vet for this area. I would also 'pester' any fellow cat owners in the area, i.e. anywhere with a ladder/ door for cats. I went for a long walk in the area on Sunday night and had a look in back gardens and the like, some people opened the window and asked what I was doing so I explained and gave them your number; everyone was very sympathetic and promised to have a lookout for Salsa. Yes, I know I sound a little bonkers but I needed the exercise anyway ;-)
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Kittster for this useful post:
  #20  
Old 03.03.2010, 11:02
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bern
Posts: 246
Groaned at 25 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 156 Times in 89 Posts
annas has earned some respectannas has earned some respect
Re: Please help us find our grey/black tiger cat Salsa! Zurich 8006 28 Feb 2010

I have posted in the sticky thread a short summery from ANIS of things to do when you have lost a pet. I thought to post here too the part that concerns you:

Quote:
Your pet hasn't got any marking, or it has disappeared already a long time ago.

-Please announce the pet as lost to the cantonal authority in charge (cantonal authorities); perhaps inform the local authority.

-Search for your pet within your neighbourhood with a detailed description.

-Make an entry on the following sites: www.tier-vermisst.ch and/or www.stmz.ch (Schweizerische Tiermeldezentrale)
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Missing Cat in Zurich - Help! [she's been found!] southiemiddles Pet corner 13 22.01.2013 23:12
Missing Brit disappears in Wengen (Update: Body found) transition Swiss politics/news 60 29.08.2011 23:43
Zurich, day-1, grey... like home... blackgammon Introductions 10 06.02.2010 18:02


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0