Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Activities > Social events  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #141  
Old 13.08.2011, 01:14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Zürich
Posts: 85
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 80 Times in 20 Posts
Rach_UK has no particular reputation at present
Re: 'youngsters' drink up!

Hey- did a 'youngsters' night actually happen? I'm moving to Z. in a couple of weeks, also 22, and up for any 'youngster' events that are going- as well as the 'normal' ones of course

Rach x
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 13.08.2011, 01:48
Sam,'s Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Killwangen-spreitenbach
Posts: 196
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 50 Times in 30 Posts
Sam, has no particular reputation at present
Re: 'youngsters' drink up!

Quote:
View Post
Hey- did a 'youngsters' night actually happen? I'm moving to Z. in a couple of weeks, also 22, and up for any 'youngster' events that are going- as well as the 'normal' ones of course

Rach x
Actually, it's tomorrow...all yongsters only
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 13.08.2011, 01:51
mirfield's Avatar
Moddy Wellies
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North Yorkshire
Posts: 8,729
Groaned at 53 Times in 47 Posts
Thanked 9,942 Times in 3,654 Posts
mirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 'youngsters' drink up!

Quote:
View Post
Actually, it's tomorrow...all yongsters only
Aw. I'm going to be away.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 13.08.2011, 01:56
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Zürich
Posts: 85
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 80 Times in 20 Posts
Rach_UK has no particular reputation at present
Re: 'youngsters' drink up!

Quote:
View Post
Actually, it's tomorrow...all yongsters only
Is this a pretty regular thing then?
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 13.08.2011, 02:34
cannut's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: canada
Posts: 6,913
Groaned at 182 Times in 142 Posts
Thanked 6,191 Times in 3,404 Posts
cannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 'youngsters' drink up!

Some body has to tuck him in
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank cannut for this useful post:
  #146  
Old 13.08.2011, 02:51
cannut's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: canada
Posts: 6,913
Groaned at 182 Times in 142 Posts
Thanked 6,191 Times in 3,404 Posts
cannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 'youngsters' drink up!

Cannut the fossil thinks OP needs some hot ears
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank cannut for this useful post:
  #147  
Old 13.08.2011, 08:16
Sam,'s Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Killwangen-spreitenbach
Posts: 196
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 50 Times in 30 Posts
Sam, has no particular reputation at present
Re: 'youngsters' drink up!

Quote:
View Post
Is this a pretty regular thing then?
I don't know about that but today it's going to happen Infact, every 1 will get drunk and we youngsters, forsure
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 13.08.2011, 12:10
cannut's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: canada
Posts: 6,913
Groaned at 182 Times in 142 Posts
Thanked 6,191 Times in 3,404 Posts
cannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 'youngsters' drink up!

Quote:
View Post
Hey- did a 'youngsters' night actually happen? I'm moving to Z. in a couple of weeks, also 22, and up for any 'youngster' events that are going- as well as the 'normal' ones of course

Rach x
'Youngster' event , not normal then
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 16.08.2011, 12:25
Arthur's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Boswil
Posts: 187
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 128 Times in 61 Posts
Arthur has earned some respectArthur has earned some respect
Re: 'youngsters' drink up!

Well, we've moved away from the topic a few times, and some of us would prefer it if we did stay on topic as it can actually be a serious thing here. I know that the young and old thing is all in good humour though.

Anyway, I've been here for a few years, actually I was born here but grew up in Canada then moved back. But I'm finding it hard to meet new people as it SEEMS as if the people where I live (Berner Oberland) don't have the patience for a non mother-tongue German speaker. I miss speaking English with other English speakers and an organised event to meet some fellow English speakers is always welcome, despite the fact that I don't drink.

Should we try another date for another event? I don't mind having the "experienced" around, it's more a question if they want to put up with the quick, often senseless talk of the "youngsters".

Maybe I should have started a new thread here, but...it seemed to fit here.
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 16.08.2011, 12:33
Sam,'s Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Killwangen-spreitenbach
Posts: 196
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 50 Times in 30 Posts
Sam, has no particular reputation at present
Re: 'youngsters' drink up!

Quote:
View Post
Well, we've moved away from the topic a few times, and some of us would prefer it if we did stay on topic as it can actually be a serious thing here. I know that the young and old thing is all in good humour though.

Anyway, I've been here for a few years, actually I was born here but grew up in Canada then moved back. But I'm finding it hard to meet new people as it SEEMS as if the people where I live (Berner Oberland) don't have the patience for a non mother-tongue German speaker. I miss speaking English with other English speakers and an organised event to meet some fellow English speakers is always welcome, despite the fact that I don't drink.

Should we try another date for another event? I don't mind having the "experienced" around, it's more a question if they want to put up with the quick, often senseless talk of the "youngsters".

Maybe I should have started a new thread here, but...it seemed to fit here.
why don't you create an RSVP event? I'm quite interested to meet some English speakers as well
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
22yo's taste like rabbit, foung yucks, old efrs havin fun, old people smell like poo, ouchby cant write a post, play-dates, posturing, potty training club, smirnoff ice, younster still smell pee




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Drink / Not drink ground Daily life 62 16.12.2010 19:03
Up for a drink Ladies ? :) Fender General off-topic 0 29.10.2010 22:25
New drink Halaseh Business & entrepreneur 50 25.10.2010 20:10
Protein drink checkoutmails Food and drink 9 29.01.2010 19:30
any youngsters? (in a non creep sense!) Donna "the" Bruce Introductions 11 08.11.2009 14:58


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0