Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Activities > Social events  
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #341  
Old 24.11.2010, 19:36
mannie organ's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: rudolfstetten AG
Posts: 716
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 418 Times in 227 Posts
mannie organ has a reputation beyond reputemannie organ has a reputation beyond reputemannie organ has a reputation beyond reputemannie organ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: (Unofficial) Thursday Night Drinks at the Viadukt Market

So that bloke I was chatting to drinking a beer wasn't you?
  #342  
Old 24.11.2010, 19:44
grumpygrapefruit's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: ZH
Posts: 6,401
Groaned at 38 Times in 37 Posts
Thanked 17,662 Times in 4,517 Posts
grumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond repute
Re: (Unofficial) Thursday Night Drinks at the Viadukt Market

Quote:
View Post
So that bloke I was chatting to drinking a beer wasn't you?
My naughty twin.

(and anyway, the first beer of the day doesn't count)
This user would like to thank grumpygrapefruit for this useful post:
  #343  
Old 24.11.2010, 21:24
Nickers's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3,693
Groaned at 41 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 4,899 Times in 1,697 Posts
Nickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond repute
Re: (Unofficial) Thursday Night Drinks at the Viadukt Market

I may be there tomorrow with the little man and the big man, it will be early doors though
This user would like to thank Nickers for this useful post:
  #344  
Old 24.11.2010, 21:32
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 18,978
Groaned at 332 Times in 257 Posts
Thanked 11,715 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: (Unofficial) Thursday Night Drinks at the Viadukt Market

Quote:
View Post

(DB is Deutscher Bank, I would've thought.)

Beside the point that "Bank" is a female and so it is Deutsche Bank, I would say that THIS here







clearly is NOT a bank






While we here have the logo of the DEUTSCHE BANK






and here their boss, Mr Ackermann, in fact a Zürcher who leads them





This user would like to thank Wollishofener for this useful post:
  #345  
Old 24.11.2010, 22:22
Ze Ninja's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Baden/Zurich
Posts: 13
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Ze Ninja has no particular reputation at present
Re: (Unofficial) Thursday Night Drinks at the Viadukt Market

Hi!

I'm quite new here in Zurich, is this open for anyone or more like private?

I was there last week at the viaduct but I could not find the bar! I found a place called The Hub instead, they were having a lecture on business and social impact, interesting stuff and people btw

this thursday I should pass in viaduct with some friends around 20h. we'll try again if someone can tell me where is it and what time?
other suggestions for places there also welcome!

thanks!

Ze
  #346  
Old 24.11.2010, 22:32
grumpygrapefruit's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: ZH
Posts: 6,401
Groaned at 38 Times in 37 Posts
Thanked 17,662 Times in 4,517 Posts
grumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond repute
Re: (Unofficial) Thursday Night Drinks at the Viadukt Market

Quote:
View Post
Hi!

I'm quite new here in Zurich, is this open for anyone or more like private?

I was there last week at the viaduct but I could not find the bar! I found a place called The Hub instead, they were having a lecture on business and social impact, interesting stuff and people btw

this thursday I should pass in viaduct with some friends around 20h. we'll try again if someone can tell me where is it and what time?
other suggestions for places there also welcome!

thanks!

Ze
Hi Ze

this is open to everybody and anybody. Unfortunately you were looking at the Viadukt arches shops and found the Hub (which is great anyway). Continue north towards Limmatstrasse and you will find the Viadukt Markthalle. There are 2 bars in there and often a few groups of English speakers. Come before 8.00 and ask at the British Cheese or Pie Shop stalls where the EF crowd are and someone will guide you towards the beautiful people.
  #347  
Old 25.11.2010, 09:27
JLF JLF is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,187
Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 1,383 Times in 510 Posts
JLF has a reputation beyond reputeJLF has a reputation beyond reputeJLF has a reputation beyond reputeJLF has a reputation beyond reputeJLF has a reputation beyond reputeJLF has a reputation beyond repute
Re: (Unofficial) Thursday Night Drinks at the Viadukt Market

Quote:
View Post
Since when does 'Wednesday' = (Unofficial) Thursday ???

Are the official / unofficial Thursday drinks happening tomorrow as well?
I was referring to tomorrow (which is today, Thursday) in my post. I just like to remind people who may have forgotten or invite those who may be new to come out and have a few drinks with us. And I usually do it before Thursday because I got in trouble once before for not "advertising" properly...

So COME ONE, COME ALL. We drink, we nibble cheese, and we have "lively" banter (or something). I should be bringing chocolate-y goodness in the form of (American-style) brownies.
This user would like to thank JLF for this useful post:
  #348  
Old 25.11.2010, 11:20
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: (Unofficial) Thursday Night Drinks at the Viadukt Market

Quote:
View Post
Beside the point that "Bank" is a female and so it is Deutsche Bank, I would say that THIS here







clearly is NOT a bank






While we here have the logo of the DEUTSCHE BANK






and here their boss, Mr Ackermann, in fact a Zürcher who leads them





Good lord, Wolli! One day I should like to meet you and watch you eat a currypuff. (At least for two minutes, you wouldn't have much to say.)



(Admin says too many pictures, by the way. So I had to delete one. How didja post it?)
  #349  
Old 25.11.2010, 11:30
HashBrown's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3,289
Groaned at 68 Times in 49 Posts
Thanked 3,015 Times in 1,340 Posts
HashBrown has a reputation beyond reputeHashBrown has a reputation beyond reputeHashBrown has a reputation beyond reputeHashBrown has a reputation beyond reputeHashBrown has a reputation beyond reputeHashBrown has a reputation beyond repute
Re: (Unofficial) Thursday Night Drinks at the Viadukt Market

These unofficial drinks have become way too official.
The following 2 users would like to thank HashBrown for this useful post:
  #350  
Old 25.11.2010, 11:38
JLF JLF is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,187
Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 1,383 Times in 510 Posts
JLF has a reputation beyond reputeJLF has a reputation beyond reputeJLF has a reputation beyond reputeJLF has a reputation beyond reputeJLF has a reputation beyond reputeJLF has a reputation beyond repute
Re: (Unofficial) Thursday Night Drinks at the Viadukt Market

Quote:
View Post
These unofficial drinks have become way too official.
ha! According to who?
  #351  
Old 25.11.2010, 11:41
Bartholemew's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: back in Zurich (but pining for Brussels periodically)
Posts: 894
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 622 Times in 320 Posts
Bartholemew has a reputation beyond reputeBartholemew has a reputation beyond reputeBartholemew has a reputation beyond reputeBartholemew has a reputation beyond reputeBartholemew has a reputation beyond repute
Re: (Unofficial) Thursday Night Drinks at the Viadukt Market

DB is the stock exchange symbol for Deutsche Bank, so in finance circles DB is far more commonly thought of as the bank--not to mention Deutsche Bank is a bazillion times bigger than Deutsche Bahn.

Quote:
View Post
Beside the point that "Bank" is a female and so it is Deutsche Bank, I would say that THIS here







clearly is NOT a bank






While we here have the logo of the DEUTSCHE BANK...and here their boss, Mr Ackermann, in fact a Zürcher who leads them
...and since your obvious love of pedantry is on display again today, let me correct you: he's actually from Mels in St. Gallen, and not in Zurich. Though yes, he and his family do live in Zurich.
The following 4 users would like to thank Bartholemew for this useful post:
  #352  
Old 25.11.2010, 11:41
TidakApa's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Top of a Triangle
Posts: 2,992
Groaned at 38 Times in 29 Posts
Thanked 5,673 Times in 2,039 Posts
TidakApa has a reputation beyond reputeTidakApa has a reputation beyond reputeTidakApa has a reputation beyond reputeTidakApa has a reputation beyond reputeTidakApa has a reputation beyond reputeTidakApa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: (Unofficial) Thursday Night Drinks at the Viadukt Market

Quote:
View Post
I was referring to tomorrow (which is today, Thursday) in my post. I just like to remind people who may have forgotten or invite those who may be new to come out and have a few drinks with us. And I usually do it before Thursday because I got in trouble once before for not "advertising" properly...

So COME ONE, COME ALL. We drink, we nibble cheese, and we have "lively" banter (or something). I should be bringing chocolate-y goodness in the form of (American-style) brownies.
I Should be there for a Thursday after work brew or two.

See you all there
  #353  
Old 25.11.2010, 11:47
mimi1981's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: London, previously Basel
Posts: 3,773
Groaned at 21 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 5,792 Times in 2,173 Posts
mimi1981 has a reputation beyond reputemimi1981 has a reputation beyond reputemimi1981 has a reputation beyond reputemimi1981 has a reputation beyond reputemimi1981 has a reputation beyond reputemimi1981 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: (Unofficial) Thursday Night Drinks at the Viadukt Market

The first DB I think of when I see the initials is Dougal's something.

Quote:
View Post
DB is the stock exchange symbol for Deutsche Bank, so in finance circles DB is far more commonly thought of as the bank--not to mention Deutsche Bank is a bazillion times bigger than Deutsche Bahn.



...and since your obvious love of pedantry is on display again today, let me correct you: he's actually from Mels in St. Gallen, and not in Zurich. Though yes, he and his family do live in Zurich.
This user would like to thank mimi1981 for this useful post:
  #354  
Old 25.11.2010, 11:56
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: (Unofficial) Thursday Night Drinks at the Viadukt Market

Quote:
View Post
The first DB I think of when I see the initials is Dougal's something.
Thank goodness we've come full circle.
The following 3 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #355  
Old 25.11.2010, 12:07
mimi1981's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: London, previously Basel
Posts: 3,773
Groaned at 21 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 5,792 Times in 2,173 Posts
mimi1981 has a reputation beyond reputemimi1981 has a reputation beyond reputemimi1981 has a reputation beyond reputemimi1981 has a reputation beyond reputemimi1981 has a reputation beyond reputemimi1981 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: (Unofficial) Thursday Night Drinks at the Viadukt Market

Quote:
View Post
Thank goodness we've come full circle.
That'll teach me for not reading the whole thread
  #356  
Old 25.11.2010, 14:48
Uncle Max's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Züri
Posts: 7,553
Groaned at 164 Times in 105 Posts
Thanked 8,424 Times in 3,486 Posts
Uncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: (Unofficial) Thursday Night Drinks at the Viadukt Market

Quote:
View Post
I may be there tomorrow with the little man and the big man, it will be early doors though
Yay! Let's wet his head
  #357  
Old 25.11.2010, 14:54
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 18,978
Groaned at 332 Times in 257 Posts
Thanked 11,715 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: (Unofficial) Thursday Night Drinks at the Viadukt Market

Quote:
View Post
Good lord, Wolli! One day I should like to meet you and watch you eat a currypuff. (At least for two minutes, you wouldn't have much to say.)



(Admin says too many pictures, by the way. So I had to delete one. How didja post it?)
I had too many at the beginning and then carefully deleted unnecessary signs, etc, and it worked. Do not forget that the system does not make a difference between a smily or some other "sign" and a big photo.

But, what is a currypuff
  #358  
Old 25.11.2010, 16:17
Nickers's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3,693
Groaned at 41 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 4,899 Times in 1,697 Posts
Nickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond reputeNickers has a reputation beyond repute
Re: (Unofficial) Thursday Night Drinks at the Viadukt Market

Quote:
View Post
Yay! Let's wet his head
hmmm looks like I cant make it, midwife just put me on a tight milking schedule as little man is too little so unless you want to see my great milking cow impression then i'll have to postpone till next week possibly

moooo, oops i mean booooo
This user would like to thank Nickers for this useful post:
  #359  
Old 25.11.2010, 16:54
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 18,978
Groaned at 332 Times in 257 Posts
Thanked 11,715 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: (Unofficial) Thursday Night Drinks at the Viadukt Market

Quote:
View Post
DB is the stock exchange symbol for Deutsche Bank, so in finance circles DB is far more commonly thought of as the bank--not to mention Deutsche Bank is a bazillion times bigger than Deutsche Bahn.



...and since your obvious love of pedantry is on display again today, let me correct you: he's actually from Mels in St. Gallen, and not in Zurich. Though yes, he and his family do live in Zurich.
The Deutsche Bank, which itself does NOT use the DB abbreviation, may in financial terms be xxx-larger, but in real terms is an irrelevant dwarf. And you, apparently a banking gnome, are displaying the usual banker's arrogance in the usual ugly way !

You might well realize that we "others", the non-bankers, are not your slaves but your customers. But the tone, we usually get from bankers leads to the ideas that non-bankers are perceived just as more or less useful idiots
This user would like to thank Wollishofener for this useful post:
  #360  
Old 25.11.2010, 17:16
Papa Goose's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: was Ägeri now Froggeri
Posts: 3,725
Groaned at 191 Times in 160 Posts
Thanked 4,308 Times in 1,822 Posts
Papa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: (Unofficial) Thursday Night Drinks at the Viadukt Market

Quote:
View Post
The Deutsche Bank, which itself does NOT use the DB abbreviation, may in financial terms be xxx-larger, but in real terms is an irrelevant dwarf. And you, apparently a banking gnome, are displaying the usual banker's arrogance in the usual ugly way !

You might well realize that we "others", the non-bankers, are not your slaves but your customers. But the tone, we usually get from bankers leads to the ideas that non-bankers are perceived just as more or less useful idiots
Ah Wolli.... confused when the humour appears again FB (that's Frau Bart) not FaceBook, is not a banker (with a B not a W) neither is she a gnome (last time I looked) or arrogant, but I'm sure she'll reply to put you right later. That would be after her bath in warm pandas milk and has been has patted dry by her maid

Last edited by Papa Goose; 28.11.2010 at 11:11.
The following 4 users would like to thank Papa Goose for this useful post:
Closed Thread

Tags
beeeeeer, cheese, drinks, naughty boys corner, social events, things to do, thursday, viadukt, zurich, zurich drinks




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Zurich 'Viadukt' Market rrs Food and drink 315 14.06.2013 12:00
Lucerne thursday night drinks Lars LU Social events 1 01.09.2009 18:36
Lucerne Thursday night drinks Lars LU Social events 1 18.08.2009 23:38
Lucrne Thursday night drinks Lars LU Social events 5 30.07.2009 17:44
Thursday Night Drinks in Geneva... 23/11 Number 10 Social events 3 27.11.2006 16:26


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0