Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Activities > Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 21.05.2011, 19:21
nomad66's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Zurich / Down Under
Posts: 222
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 110 Times in 66 Posts
nomad66 has made some interesting contributions
sailing opportunity

I can't steer and adjust sails at the same time - not yet at least. I am now looking for a sailing buddy, mostly on weekends (saturday and/or sunday). Occassional friday afternoons are also possible. Would prefer people with some sailing experience but boating experience, particularly steering, is ok too. She is docked in Untersee area (Swiss part of Bodensee). One or two people is ok - would prefer not to have more than 3 (myself included) when sailing. it's about 45 min drive from Zurich/St. Gallen, but trains on weekends take a bit longer from Zurich.

Please pm, if interested. Regards,

Last edited by nomad66; 21.05.2011 at 21:21.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank nomad66 for this useful post:
  #2  
Old 21.05.2011, 19:58
Uncle Max's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Züri
Posts: 7,553
Groaned at 164 Times in 105 Posts
Thanked 8,424 Times in 3,486 Posts
Uncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: sailing opportunity

Quote:
View Post
I can't steer and adjust sails at the same time - not yet at least...
That's the problem with Wally Yachts; the manual models are just so cumbersome


Lovely offer; hope you find the right hands.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 21.05.2011, 21:19
nomad66's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Zurich / Down Under
Posts: 222
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 110 Times in 66 Posts
nomad66 has made some interesting contributions
Re: sailing opportunity

ROTFL. The demo model and what I got were not quite the same.....

One good thing about lake levels being so low is that all deeper keeled boats are still on land - more of sailing and less of obstacle course on weekends.

Couple of people have already PM'd. Have my fingers crossed....

Cheers . . .
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 28.04.2012, 16:11
jg2xs's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kanton Aargau
Posts: 16
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
jg2xs has no particular reputation at present
Re: sailing opportunity

I'm also interested in an English speaking sailing partner, with preferably some sailing experience for occasional sailing on the Hallwilersee.

I have a small keel boat, which I keep in the "Bootsareal" at Beinwil am See. Launching is via the local Crane (which I am entitled to use).

I'm still fairly new to sailing, as well as to the area, so interested in meeting up with anyone who's interested in sailing. We have two small children who aren't ready for sailing yet, so apart from the company, I'd be glad to get a Sailing buddy.

Please PM me if you're interested...
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank jg2xs for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 28.04.2012, 16:31
Texaner's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Zentralschweiz
Posts: 2,047
Groaned at 99 Times in 89 Posts
Thanked 2,985 Times in 1,430 Posts
Texaner has a reputation beyond reputeTexaner has a reputation beyond reputeTexaner has a reputation beyond reputeTexaner has a reputation beyond reputeTexaner has a reputation beyond reputeTexaner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: sailing opportunity

Apologies for hijacking the OP's thread, but if anybody could use a similar weekend hand in central CH, I'd be interested.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 29.04.2012, 00:10
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Zug
Posts: 20
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Kathlyn has no particular reputation at present
Re: sailing opportunity

Quote:
View Post
Apologies for hijacking the OP's thread, but if anybody could use a similar weekend hand in central CH, I'd be interested.
Hi! My husband and I spent the last year crewing offshore Mexico and California, plus a stint in the Bahamas to learn how to sail. Would LOVE to get out on the water again and help you out!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 30.04.2012, 12:28
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: sailing opportunity

Quote:
View Post
Apologies for hijacking the OP's thread, but if anybody could use a similar weekend hand in central CH, I'd be interested.
What have you got? We're both experienced Mediterranean sailors (ICC etc.) and don't really do much other sailing, but an occasional sail on the Vierwaldstättersee sounds like it'd be a lot of fun.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 30.04.2012, 12:38
Transistor's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: ZH
Posts: 83
Groaned at 68 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 86 Times in 33 Posts
Transistor is considered unworthyTransistor is considered unworthyTransistor is considered unworthyTransistor is considered unworthy
Re: sailing opportunity

Here, these people know a lot about sailing in Switzerland.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 30.04.2012, 13:14
Texaner's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Zentralschweiz
Posts: 2,047
Groaned at 99 Times in 89 Posts
Thanked 2,985 Times in 1,430 Posts
Texaner has a reputation beyond reputeTexaner has a reputation beyond reputeTexaner has a reputation beyond reputeTexaner has a reputation beyond reputeTexaner has a reputation beyond reputeTexaner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: sailing opportunity

Quote:
View Post
Hi! My husband and I spent the last year crewing offshore Mexico and California, plus a stint in the Bahamas to learn how to sail. Would LOVE to get out on the water again and help you out!
Quote:
What have you got? We're both experienced Mediterranean sailors (ICC etc.) and don't really do much other sailing, but an occasional sail on the Vierwaldstättersee sounds like it'd be a lot of fun.
I've got no boat of my own — I was offering to assist someone who does.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 16.05.2012, 03:17
chill_lee's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Züri
Posts: 79
Groaned at 8 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 40 Times in 16 Posts
chill_lee has become a little unpopular
Re: sailing opportunity

you might want to join this group, Klaus organizes mainly trips, but you'll meet lots of like minded sailors as well.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank chill_lee for this useful post:
  #11  
Old 17.07.2012, 13:25
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 6
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
JFernandes has no particular reputation at present
Re: sailing opportunity

I am interested. I have some sailing experience on dinghys and done course on 35ft boat. Anyone interested in taking me as crew?


Quote:
View Post
I'm also interested in an English speaking sailing partner, with preferably some sailing experience for occasional sailing on the Hallwilersee.

I have a small keel boat, which I keep in the "Bootsareal" at Beinwil am See. Launching is via the local Crane (which I am entitled to use).

I'm still fairly new to sailing, as well as to the area, so interested in meeting up with anyone who's interested in sailing. We have two small children who aren't ready for sailing yet, so apart from the company, I'd be glad to get a Sailing buddy.

Please PM me if you're interested...
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sailing on the Zurichsee Number7 Daily life 18 11.09.2009 20:41
Sailing in Ticino Avalon Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness 4 21.07.2009 15:52
Sailing - racing MikeUSA Social events 0 22.05.2009 13:34
Sailing in Lausanne Sector7G Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness 4 16.07.2008 18:55
sailing in french ReginaGtz Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness 1 28.04.2008 23:47


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0