Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Activities > Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 29.09.2011, 12:36
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Basel
Posts: 5
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Manov Steele has no particular reputation at present
Mountain Biking around Basel

Hi, my name is Gareth, I've recently moved to Basel. I've been off the bike for a while but I am keen to get out and explore the local trails (and some further afield as well).

I would be like to meet some local riders (ex-pat or Swiss) or get involved with a MTB club.

Anyone who is up for a ride or can offer me some advice please reply here or drop me a PM.

Cheers!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 29.09.2011, 14:30
Eire's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Tir na nÓg
Posts: 3,628
Groaned at 54 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 2,388 Times in 1,209 Posts
Eire has a reputation beyond reputeEire has a reputation beyond reputeEire has a reputation beyond reputeEire has a reputation beyond reputeEire has a reputation beyond reputeEire has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mountain Biking around Basel

Quote:
View Post
Hi, my name is Gareth, I've recently moved to Basel. I've been off the bike for a while but I am keen to get out and explore the local trails (and some further afield as well).

I would be like to meet some local riders (ex-pat or Swiss) or get involved with a MTB club.

Anyone who is up for a ride or can offer me some advice please reply here or drop me a PM.

Cheers!
Pick up the local single trail map. I've done some trails not too far from there in the spring that were super flowy.

Lac Blanc just accross the border is a bike park if you are into Park type riding. I've not been there, and it's most likely closed for the winter now but I've heard good things about it.

Vosges mountains about an hour up the road on the other side of the border (French) are a bit of a giggle fest.

The entire Alps are your oyster... They are very very grin inducing and slightly adicitive.

I organise rides on a fairly regular basis, we're wrapping up slowly for the season now and the remaining rides will be in the Zurich region, but we've had people travel from Basel to join us in the past.

Check out www.swissalpineadventure.com for some ideas on places to ride.
and www.facebook.com/swissalpineadventure for any upcoming rides where you can meet like minded addicts.
__________________
This message is a natural product. The variations in spelling and grammar enhance it's individual character.

Interested in skiing, Snowboarding or Mountain Biking in Switzerland? Information in English available
here.


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 29.09.2011, 14:55
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Rheinfelden
Posts: 485
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 183 Times in 121 Posts
Bexie has an excellent reputationBexie has an excellent reputationBexie has an excellent reputationBexie has an excellent reputation
Re: Mountain Biking around Basel

Quote:
View Post
Hi, my name is Gareth, I've recently moved to Basel. I've been off the bike for a while but I am keen to get out and explore the local trails (and some further afield as well).

I would be like to meet some local riders (ex-pat or Swiss) or get involved with a MTB club.

Anyone who is up for a ride or can offer me some advice please reply here or drop me a PM.

Cheers!
I am guessing you mean push bike. Get the local trail map (29fr from the post office) which gives comprehensive information on trails, attractions, every bit as good as OS maps or even better perhaps.

If you mean motorcycling, you can preview some of the routes via http://www.youtube.com/user/karrobex

my favorite is Nuveno...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 29.09.2011, 15:13
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Basel
Posts: 5
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Manov Steele has no particular reputation at present
Re: Mountain Biking around Basel

Thanks for your responses. I have the Singletrack Map and I have been doing some exploring based on that, so far so good!!!

However it's always more fun if I can find some others to hit the trails with!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 29.09.2011, 15:17
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Basel
Posts: 5
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Manov Steele has no particular reputation at present
Re: Mountain Biking around Basel

Quote:
View Post
I organise rides on a fairly regular basis, we're wrapping up slowly for the season now and the remaining rides will be in the Zurich region, but we've had people travel from Basel to join us in the past.

Check out www.swissalpineadventure.com for some ideas on places to ride.
and www.facebook.com/swissalpineadventure for any upcoming rides where you can meet like minded addicts.
I would certainly be interested in popping up to Zurich to ride some trails around there, would you still be riding in the second week of October?

Also thanks for the links, I'll check them later.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 29.09.2011, 15:27
Eire's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Tir na nÓg
Posts: 3,628
Groaned at 54 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 2,388 Times in 1,209 Posts
Eire has a reputation beyond reputeEire has a reputation beyond reputeEire has a reputation beyond reputeEire has a reputation beyond reputeEire has a reputation beyond reputeEire has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mountain Biking around Basel

Quote:
View Post
I would certainly be interested in popping up to Zurich to ride some trails around there, would you still be riding in the second week of October?

Also thanks for the links, I'll check them later.
There is a group ride planned for Saturday October 22nd. On some pretty fun trails. Sign up is through the FB page linked in the previous post.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mountain Biking Aldeco Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness 3 27.03.2011 06:02
Mountain biking Switzerland confusedxx Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness 5 18.04.2010 20:28
Mountain bike ride tomorrow morning around Basel Nacho Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness 1 20.03.2010 10:41
Mountain Biking dewurm Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness 4 05.03.2008 21:12


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0