Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Activities > Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 21.01.2008, 23:40
Lad Lad is offline
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: N/A
Posts: 10
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lad has no particular reputation at present
[Lausanne] Looking for salsa female partner

Hello Everyne,
I'm looking for a salsa (LA, portorico) partner (female, 20-40, ENG or FRA speaking), not for dancing in clubs and parties only, but for practicing, training new figures, tricks...on permanent bases. I used to do this 4-5 times per week in last year, but after moving to SUI (Riviera area: all the way from Lausanne to Montreux; moving to Lausanne March/April) I want to find a new friend (not a girlfriend), willing to work on technique, lead, to master figures...and then fun of cource :-). I like "destroying" the dance floor while dancing. My favorite song: Los Van Van, Tim Pop con Birdland.

I'll be grateful for any contact or info. So if you know someone or you know someone who knows someone and that someone knows......

Well, now I realize,..are that any places along the Geneva lake where you can possibly go dance 4x/week?

Thanks

Lad
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 23.01.2008, 00:50
erin's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bern
Posts: 58
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts
erin has no particular reputation at present
Re: [Lausanne] Looking for salsa female partner

Oh bummer! Why don't you move to Zurich? I've been looking someone to dance salsa or tango with for months! Someone who JUST WANTS TO DANCE, can hear the music, willing to learn...yeah, you guys are hard to find!

Good luck! Erin
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 23.01.2008, 20:11
Lad Lad is offline
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: N/A
Posts: 10
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lad has no particular reputation at present
Re: [Lausanne] Looking for salsa female partner

Quote:
View Post
Oh bummer! Why don't you move to Zurich? I've been looking someone to dance salsa or tango with for months! Someone who JUST WANTS TO DANCE, can hear the music, willing to learn...yeah, you guys are hard to find!

Good luck! Erin

Ehm...Bummer? What does it mean? Sorry, not being fluent in the slang speech much. It may happen I'll be going to Zurich from time to time for business. So, I let you know and we can try a few turns there. BTW there is salsafestival in Zurich. Are you going?
Tango, tango, tango what a dance sensual, mmmm.... I do not even try to learn (even though I know who can and wants dance it). Because there are NO CLUBS HERE designed for tango! and only just a few for salsa - overcrowded

Well, luckily, there are private (open to public) parties once/twice a month. I have heard the salsa scene in Zurich is quite developed

THX for wishing me luck, I'll need it. I am dying for dance after leaving THE place where I danced 4-5 times per week and every week last year. Help, help, help...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 23.01.2008, 20:41
Salsa_Lover
 
Posts: n/a
Re: [Lausanne] Looking for salsa female partner

Quote:
View Post
Oh bummer! Why don't you move to Zurich? I've been looking someone to dance salsa or tango with for months! Someone who JUST WANTS TO DANCE, can hear the music, willing to learn...yeah, you guys are hard to find!

Good luck! Erin
Hello erin,

glad to hear, I am currently looking for a partner to practice some advanced moves.

If interested drop me a PM

But on a second thought, maybe I don't match your expectations.... ( read the second part of my username )
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06.02.2008, 22:41
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Geneva
Posts: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
rhapsody has no particular reputation at present
Re: [Lausanne] Looking for salsa female partner

Lad,

Would you mind please telling me what level you are at? I am looking for a serious dance partner as well for training and also looking at potentially starting a dance troupe here in Geneva.

Please let me know. Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Anna.

Quote:
View Post
Hello Everyne,
I'm looking for a salsa (LA, portorico) partner (female, 20-40, ENG or FRA speaking), not for dancing in clubs and parties only, but for practicing, training new figures, tricks...on permanent bases. I used to do this 4-5 times per week in last year, but after moving to SUI (Riviera area: all the way from Lausanne to Montreux; moving to Lausanne March/April) I want to find a new friend (not a girlfriend), willing to work on technique, lead, to master figures...and then fun of cource :-). I like "destroying" the dance floor while dancing. My favorite song: Los Van Van, Tim Pop con Birdland.

I'll be grateful for any contact or info. So if you know someone or you know someone who knows someone and that someone knows......

Well, now I realize,..are that any places along the Geneva lake where you can possibly go dance 4x/week?

Thanks

Lad
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10.02.2008, 20:59
FrederikG's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: zürich
Posts: 29
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
FrederikG has no particular reputation at present
Re: [Lausanne] Looking for salsa female partner

Quote:
View Post
Oh bummer! Why don't you move to Zurich? I've been looking someone to dance salsa or tango with for months! Someone who JUST WANTS TO DANCE, can hear the music, willing to learn...yeah, you guys are hard to find!

Good luck! Erin
I could be very interested..... Is a beginner but want to learn....

BR

Frederik
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11.02.2008, 23:27
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 13
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tokvi has no particular reputation at present
Re: [Lausanne] Looking for salsa female partner

Quote:
View Post
Hello Everyne,
I'm looking for a salsa (LA, portorico) partner (female, 20-40, ENG or FRA speaking), not for dancing in clubs and parties only, but for practicing, training new figures, tricks...on permanent bases. I used to do this 4-5 times per week in last year, but after moving to SUI (Riviera area: all the way from Lausanne to Montreux; moving to Lausanne March/April) I want to find a new friend (not a girlfriend), willing to work on technique, lead, to master figures...and then fun of cource :-). I like "destroying" the dance floor while dancing. My favorite song: Los Van Van, Tim Pop con Birdland.

I'll be grateful for any contact or info. So if you know someone or you know someone who knows someone and that someone knows......

Well, now I realize,..are that any places along the Geneva lake where you can possibly go dance 4x/week?

Thanks

Lad
Hey Lad
what is your level? I've had some salsa "lessons" but years ago, and I guess the only thing I remember is the "123 - 567"
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 20.02.2008, 13:48
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Aargau
Posts: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
JoAnn has no particular reputation at present
Re: [Lausanne] Looking for salsa female partner

Hi Lad
It is a bummer! Just like Erin I am also looking for a Salsa partner but I live in Aargau. She is right you know guys like you are hard to find! Someone to just dance with!
I wish you luck in finding someone and if you happen to be in the region let me know we could at least try to dance once! right?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 21.02.2008, 17:47
Lad Lad is offline
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: N/A
Posts: 10
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lad has no particular reputation at present
Re: [Lausanne] Looking for salsa female partner

Quote:
View Post
Lad,

Would you mind please telling me what level you are at? I am looking for a serious dance partner as well for training and also looking at potentially starting a dance troupe here in Geneva.

Please let me know. Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Anna.



I do not play on levels. Either you can hear the music and synchronize your body or you can't . That's all. Except patience, tolerancy willingness....you know. Drop me an email at palfyusa@hotmail.com :-)))
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 21.02.2008, 17:50
Lad Lad is offline
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: N/A
Posts: 10
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lad has no particular reputation at present
Re: [Lausanne] Looking for salsa female partner

Quote:
View Post
Hey Lad
what is your level? I've had some salsa "lessons" but years ago, and I guess the only thing I remember is the "123 - 567"

As I said to rhapsody,
you can hear the music and synchronize your body? , than take a couple of months in a course (medium) and you 'll see or just to pop up to a club, watch guys, grab then one and you'll see. My email is palfyusa@hotmail.com :-)))
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06.03.2008, 17:06
Experienced's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Posts: 11
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Experienced has no particular reputation at present
Re: [Lausanne] Looking for salsa female partner

Hi there,

I found this thread at random browse, and since it reflected my needs as well, thought wd be worth to post.

My salsa story is that been to level 1 course, watched, and danced with people at bars. While I'm planning to start level 2, I'm interested in contacts who would either join with me for a course or accept invitation on a regular basis for dance at some bars.

(I'm dreaming I wd be showered with e-mail addresses )


Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06.03.2008, 20:11
Lad Lad is offline
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: N/A
Posts: 10
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lad has no particular reputation at present
Re: [Lausanne] Looking for salsa female partner

Why don't you disclose yours (e-mail)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09.04.2008, 20:51
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 75
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
capenomad has no particular reputation at present
Re: [Lausanne] Looking for salsa female partner

Looking for dance studio in/around Lausanne? Can anyone help? My partner and I are interested in learning some latin American/?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11.04.2008, 22:22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 496
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 160 Times in 115 Posts
standardgirl has earned the respect of manystandardgirl has earned the respect of manystandardgirl has earned the respect of many
Re: [Lausanne] Looking for salsa female partner

Found this thread as I searched for "dance."

A bit about me, I danced and competed at gold and prechamp in the states (which is equivalent to a decent B or an A1 level under the European system). During the past couple of years, my dancing has been more on and off due to relocation and hence lack of partner. I am moving to Zurich this June and would really hope to land a serious dance partner for International Standard. I am thinking someone in B level or so should be great! (I don't feel like I can dance as I used to at the moment)

Also open to Salsa dancing or any other types of Latin dancing more on the "fun" side.

Any male standard dancers out there?? PM me! or PM me if you want to just go out for some salsa/latin dancing~

And, btw, since I don't know much about Zurich, I am also looking for a good dance studio, and hopefully one that is willing to teach a single lady (in case I don't find a partner).
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 21.08.2008, 21:42
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: bern
Posts: 9
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
goddess82 has no particular reputation at present
Re: [Lausanne] Looking for salsa female partner

waht a pity.i am from near BERN,would be looking to start some classes .ilove salsa.im half latin american
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 24.09.2008, 17:57
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Nr Lausanne
Posts: 126
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Erm... has no particular reputation at present
Re: [Lausanne] Looking for salsa female partner

Does the OP, LAD now have a partner?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 25.09.2008, 15:38
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: bern
Posts: 9
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
goddess82 has no particular reputation at present
Re: [Lausanne] Looking for salsa female partner

hi there,i am from bern,just looking to practise my dancing skills in clubs or gym hall.
i am a female
regards
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 30.10.2008, 15:00
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Geneve
Posts: 7
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
AmyB has no particular reputation at present
Re: [Lausanne] Looking for salsa female partner

Hi, I'm moving to Geneve next week and want to go to Tango or Salsa. I've done ballet before and have just tried Tango in Paris and love it so want to keep it up. I have done a little bit of Salsa dancing last year... I don't know if I would make a good enough Salsa partner but I would practice and I love dancing!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03.11.2008, 11:37
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
tatechera has no particular reputation at present
Re: [Lausanne] Looking for salsa female partner

Hi! I am moving to Lausanne in the beggining of the new year and i want to dance there. I practice salsa for almost three years and i am an intermediate level already. I don't know if there is some place where people can pratice or just go out to dance. Please let me know.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04.11.2008, 13:47
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: lausanne
Posts: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
mithalie has no particular reputation at present
Re: [Lausanne] Looking for salsa female partner

Hi You,

I love SALSA and DANCING, but i am not a professional. i can manage and learn.

I would love to be able to dance with someone that can feel and hear the music.

ONLY DANCING is very nice.

But the thing is i am coming to lausanne only in two weeks time.
and by the way if you a some good tips on two bedrooms flats let me know.....

Bye and have a nice day
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
club, dance, montreux, salsa




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Salsa scene in Lausanne? hayleyickle Entertainment & dining 116 18.03.2017 17:17
(Lausanne)English speaking female GP?? AnnieSheri Family matters/health 5 07.09.2008 16:14
salsa in lausanne.. angiegirl Social events 2 24.04.2008 16:05


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0