Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Activities > Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 23.08.2013, 10:20
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chur
Posts: 105
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 68 Times in 41 Posts
Amashie has earned some respectAmashie has earned some respect
Running partner in Chur

Hi All,

I know it's a bit of a long shot, but incase there's anyone from the forum in the area that I haven't met yet, I'm looking for a running partner in Chur!

Pre-Switzerland I was very active, running 4 days a week, but fast forward 1 year and it has reduced to zero! Would really love to start again, but I'm not really keen on going it alone

Happy to start off at a couple of times a week (heck, I'd be happy with 1 at this stage!!)

Have a great weekend
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 23.08.2013, 10:37
dodgyken's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Democratic Republic Kenistan
Posts: 10,690
Groaned at 281 Times in 232 Posts
Thanked 19,403 Times in 7,402 Posts
dodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Running partner in Chur

can't help you with running partners BUT for routes:

The Furstenwald has a good loop which can be run a second time - or extended easily (At the Campodels hairpin head NORTH)

Follow the Graubunden Marathon signs along the Plessur - up to Passugg - and then along the Polenweg to Churwalden - and then back again.

Chur - Juchs - Malix - Chur

There is also a group based in Chur (http://www.alpinrunner.ch/) which would be worth contacting.

(You are living in one of the most amazing places to go running - I am very jealous)
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank dodgyken for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 23.08.2013, 11:04
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chur
Posts: 105
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 68 Times in 41 Posts
Amashie has earned some respectAmashie has earned some respect
Re: Running partner in Chur

Thankyou for that!

I have been out with the running group, and it was great, but unfortunately they meet on Wednesday nights and OH has his German classes that night... we have 2 small kiddies and no babysitting support at the moment.

There are some beautiful locations around here, even just long the Rhein, or in the forest locally, which is why I'm trying not to waste the opportunity.

Although will be starting off a bit smaller than Malix, to get back into it!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 23.08.2013, 11:10
dodgyken's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Democratic Republic Kenistan
Posts: 10,690
Groaned at 281 Times in 232 Posts
Thanked 19,403 Times in 7,402 Posts
dodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Running partner in Chur

Quote:
View Post
Thankyou for that!

I have been out with the running group, and it was great, but unfortunately they meet on Wednesday nights and OH has his German classes that night... we have 2 small kiddies and no babysitting support at the moment.

There are some beautiful locations around here, even just long the Rhein, or in the forest locally, which is why I'm trying not to waste the opportunity.

Although will be starting off a bit smaller than Malix, to get back into it!!
As long as you stay the Chur side of the Rhein you are OK. If you head out the Haldenstein side and try and then head south the path runs out pretty quickly. Haldenstein itself is also quite pleasant - with a loop coming down at Oldishus.

(I was running one Christmas day in Furstenwald and saw half a dozen deer)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 23.08.2013, 11:30
Tom1234's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kanton Luzern
Posts: 15,369
Groaned at 499 Times in 399 Posts
Thanked 22,318 Times in 9,066 Posts
Tom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Running partner in Chur

Quote:
View Post
Pre-Switzerland I was very active, running 4 days a week, but fast forward 1 year and it has reduced to zero! Would really love to start again, but I'm not really keen on going it alone
Is it that you want to run with someone as a social thing or are you worried about the safety aspect of running alone?

There are absolutely loads of women running alone along all the tracks around where I live, at all times of the day and in all weathers.

Even if you do run alone, you may not feel alone as there will be so many other people around.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Tom1234 for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 23.08.2013, 13:04
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chur
Posts: 105
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 68 Times in 41 Posts
Amashie has earned some respectAmashie has earned some respect
Re: Running partner in Chur

Quote:
View Post
As long as you stay the Chur side of the Rhein you are OK. If you head out the Haldenstein side and try and then head south the path runs out pretty quickly. Haldenstein itself is also quite pleasant - with a loop coming down at Oldishus.

(I was running one Christmas day in Furstenwald and saw half a dozen deer)
Not to mention the steep incline at Haldenstein! Went exploring on my bike there awhile back, such a pretty little town.

Quote:
View Post
Is it that you want to run with someone as a social thing or are you worried about the safety aspect of running alone?

There are absolutely loads of women running alone along all the tracks around where I live, at all times of the day and in all weathers.

Even if you do run alone, you may not feel alone as there will be so many other people around.
Definitely social, doesn't seem like such an effort and I really miss my old running buddies.. (ironically they have moved on to trail runs - in suburban Melbourne its a bit harder to find them - and I have all the trails in the world but not using them!)
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Amashie for this useful post:
  #7  
Old 09.09.2013, 23:07
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chur
Posts: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Baccara has no particular reputation at present
Re: Running partner in Chur

Are you still looking for a running partner? I go running twice a week, usually on Mondays and Thursdays in the morning along the Rhein. Feel free to join me.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
chur, jogging, running partner




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for an early morning running partner in/near Allschwil stephanie_lee16 Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness 0 23.04.2013 07:06
5 min/km running partner in the Zürich area? RunningHermit84 Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness 32 16.08.2012 23:58
Jogging/Running/Walking Partner in Luzern?? :) zadders112 Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness 0 04.08.2011 20:56
Running group or partner in Geneva? chanewing Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness 7 28.03.2011 14:43
Running/Excercise partner in Bussigny anonymous86 Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness 0 21.04.2010 14:28


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0