Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Activities > Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03.04.2007, 08:48
dwilkinson's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 197
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
dwilkinson has made some interesting contributions
Gym ( Basel)

Could anyone recommend a good gym in Basel? I am more interested in doing classes. I have tried Fitorama, but because I have an L permit, could not have a yearly contract and pay monthly ( had to pay the whole sum at once), which for me is a bit too much at the moment. Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03.04.2007, 10:11
nickatbasel's Avatar
Mod, Chips and Mushy Peas
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Albisrieden
Posts: 5,420
Groaned at 167 Times in 104 Posts
Thanked 8,661 Times in 3,210 Posts
nickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Gym ( Basel)

Quote:
View Post
Could anyone recommend a good gym in Basel? I am more interested in doing classes. I have tried Fitorama, but because I have an L permit, could not have a yearly contract and pay monthly ( had to pay the whole sum at once), which for me is a bit too much at the moment. Thank you!
Now that the weather has improved why not check out the Vita Parcours? There are a few in the Basel area and they are free of charge.

Cheers,
Nick
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03.04.2007, 10:52
dwilkinson's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 197
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
dwilkinson has made some interesting contributions
Re: Gym ( Basel)

Quote:
View Post
Now that the weather has improved why not check out the Vita Parcours? There are a few in the Basel area and they are free of charge.

Cheers,
Nick

What is Vita Parcours?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03.04.2007, 10:55
Lou's Avatar
Lou Lou is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3,778
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 3,227 Times in 1,474 Posts
Lou has a reputation beyond reputeLou has a reputation beyond reputeLou has a reputation beyond reputeLou has a reputation beyond reputeLou has a reputation beyond reputeLou has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Gym ( Basel)

They are fitness trails through a forest. You run around a defined trail and along the way there are fitness challenges. They are a bit like an outside gym & are lots of fun.

http://www.vitaparcours.ch/d/html/

Last edited by Lou; 03.04.2007 at 10:56. Reason: added link
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03.04.2007, 11:32
dwilkinson's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 197
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
dwilkinson has made some interesting contributions
Re: Gym ( Basel)

Quote:
View Post
They are fitness trails through a forest. You run around a defined trail and along the way there are fitness challenges. They are a bit like an outside gym & are lots of fun.

http://www.vitaparcours.ch/d/html/

Thanks, that sounds fun
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03.04.2007, 11:36
dawiz's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ostschweiz
Posts: 4,112
Groaned at 96 Times in 46 Posts
Thanked 2,050 Times in 1,191 Posts
dawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Gym ( Basel)

Quote:
View Post
Could anyone recommend a good gym in Basel? I am more interested in doing classes. I have tried Fitorama, but because I have an L permit, could not have a yearly contract and pay monthly ( had to pay the whole sum at once), which for me is a bit too much at the moment. Thank you!
Have a look at http://www.fitbo.ch/
That's in Bottmingen, but very conveniently located next to a number 10 Tram stop, only a couple of minutes outside of Basel. There's also free parking (up to 1 1/2 hours) and a free nursery.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03.04.2007, 23:02
Caroline's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Aroond these parts
Posts: 323
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 74 Times in 49 Posts
Caroline has earned some respectCaroline has earned some respect
Re: Gym ( Basel)

Quote:
View Post
Could anyone recommend a good gym in Basel? I am more interested in doing classes. I have tried Fitorama, but because I have an L permit, could not have a yearly contract and pay monthly ( had to pay the whole sum at once), which for me is a bit too much at the moment. Thank you!
I just joined Wellness Parc (Heuwaage) in Jan with an L permit, the classes are absolutely toptastic with loads of choice, the whole complex is v. well run and clean etc but I'm not sure if they offer a monthly payment plan.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04.04.2007, 10:03
dwilkinson's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 197
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
dwilkinson has made some interesting contributions
Re: Gym ( Basel)

Quote:
View Post
I just joined Wellness Parc (Heuwaage) in Jan with an L permit, the classes are absolutely toptastic with loads of choice, the whole complex is v. well run and clean etc but I'm not sure if they offer a monthly payment plan.
Thanks Caroline. I will try to find out. Thank you all for your help!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04.04.2007, 21:59
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 78
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 22 Times in 17 Posts
draculin has made some interesting contributions
Re: Gym ( Basel)

I think health insurance companies like Swica pay half of the yearly subscription, a friend of mine who works for Novartis gets a discounts as well in gym in St. Jakob park, perhaps the other international firms in the region do this as well.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04.04.2007, 23:32
dwilkinson's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 197
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
dwilkinson has made some interesting contributions
Re: Gym ( Basel)

Quote:
View Post
I think health insurance companies like Swica pay half of the yearly subscription, a friend of mine who works for Novartis gets a discounts as well in gym in St. Jakob park, perhaps the other international firms in the region do this as well.
Oh cool, My health insurance is Swica. Thanks for that
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05.04.2007, 13:24
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Gym ( Basel)

May I ask you to follow this link and find out !!




http://makeashorterlink.com/?L32825157




Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05.04.2007, 14:20
dwilkinson's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 197
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
dwilkinson has made some interesting contributions
Re: Gym ( Basel)

Quote:
View Post
May I ask you to follow this link and find out !!




http://makeashorterlink.com/?L32825157





TinyURL doesnt work. Could you try it again please.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 30.11.2007, 18:32
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 11
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
cristie_mcm has no particular reputation at present
Gym in Basel!?

Does anyone know a decent gym in Basel? other than the Migros one at heuwage? Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 30.11.2007, 18:50
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: BASEL
Posts: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
GREENPINKY has no particular reputation at present
Re: Gym in Basel!?

City Sports Club in Kleinbasel... i'm there since august and its great. if u dont wanna go alone let me know...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 30.11.2007, 21:36
barryinc's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 544
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 122 Times in 85 Posts
barryinc is considered knowledgeablebarryinc is considered knowledgeablebarryinc is considered knowledgeable
Re: Gym in Basel!?

There is also a gym on Hardstrasse about a block from the tram stop with the same name. Tram 3 or 14. 1 stop after Aeschenplatz.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 17.04.2008, 13:02
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Basel (BS)
Posts: 9
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
mlindblom has no particular reputation at present
Reasonable cheap gym in Basel???

Hi everybody,
I am looking for a reasonable cheap gym in central Basel, or rather in Gundeli if you know any?
Have tried Vita Pacours but prefer a real gym for the muscles...
/Marcus
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 19.04.2008, 11:04
Piafia's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 252
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 52 Times in 42 Posts
Piafia has made some interesting contributions
Re: Reasonable cheap gym in Basel???

Quote:
View Post
Hi everybody,
I am looking for a reasonable cheap gym in central Basel, or rather in Gundeli if you know any?
Have tried Vita Pacours but prefer a real gym for the muscles...
/Marcus
In Gundeli you have e.g. www.malibu.ch
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 19.04.2008, 13:15
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Basel
Posts: 8
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Bolther has no particular reputation at present
Re: Gym ( Basel)

Hi Marcus,

You could try the Migros gym at Heuwaage:

www.wellnessparc.ch
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 23.08.2011, 19:11
outrage's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Aigle
Posts: 193
Groaned at 5 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 92 Times in 53 Posts
outrage is considered knowledgeableoutrage is considered knowledgeableoutrage is considered knowledgeable
Re: Gym ( Basel)

You can avoid Formhaus.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Attend German class in Basel Vera2006 Language corner 9 05.02.2013 10:53
Greetings from Basel BaselLife Introductions 6 25.04.2008 18:07
New to the forum from Basel mimi Introductions 11 28.03.2007 12:38
Roland in Basel RolandRB Introductions 3 19.12.2006 14:39
Centrepoint's Jazz Evening Friday 20.05 in Basel BacchusWines Social events 0 19.05.2005 11:03


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0