Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Activities > Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03.08.2010, 16:23
acmilan's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Donato Milanese
Posts: 612
Groaned at 15 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 805 Times in 350 Posts
acmilan has a reputation beyond reputeacmilan has a reputation beyond reputeacmilan has a reputation beyond reputeacmilan has a reputation beyond repute
Tennis Partner Needed - Zurich

Hi everyone,

I currently have a full yearly membership at my local tennic club in Seebach. My regular partner has gone home, so I'm looking for people who are interested to play between two and four times a week.

I'm looking for someone who is intermediate and is able to rally. Someone who can keep the ball low. My technique comes with practice, so I just cannot cope with continuos High slow balls LOL.

You can get to seebach with tram 14 from the city centre and it takes 25 minutes. we have 6 clay courts and a IF you have to pay, then non members pay 9 francs.

all the best

Ross
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03.08.2010, 16:37
jacek's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aargau
Posts: 8,876
Groaned at 125 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 6,613 Times in 3,661 Posts
jacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tennis Partner Needed - Zurich

Quote:
View Post

I'm looking for someone who is intermediate and is able to rally. Someone who can keep the ball low. My technique comes with practice, so I just cannot cope with continuos High slow balls LOL.

Since you are a club member can you tell what level are you (in category R9.. R1) or at least where would you place yourself ?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03.08.2010, 16:47
JLF JLF is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,187
Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 1,383 Times in 510 Posts
JLF has a reputation beyond reputeJLF has a reputation beyond reputeJLF has a reputation beyond reputeJLF has a reputation beyond reputeJLF has a reputation beyond reputeJLF has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tennis Partner Needed - Zurich

Quote:
View Post
Hi everyone,

I currently have a full yearly membership at my local tennic club in Seebach. My regular partner has gone home, so I'm looking for people who are interested to play between two and four times a week.

I'm looking for someone who is intermediate and is able to rally. Someone who can keep the ball low. My technique comes with practice, so I just cannot cope with continuos High slow balls LOL.

You can get to seebach with tram 14 from the city centre and it takes 25 minutes. we have 6 clay courts and a IF you have to pay, then non members pay 9 francs.

all the best

Ross
9 francs/hour? 9 francs/visit? I haven't played in forever, but I have been wanting to get back into it. I only know US rating systems, but I am between around a 4.5 (looks like it translates to a R4 or R5 in Swiss ranking systems) and like to hit hard and prefer to play with guys (even though I am a girl). Played in college as well. It will take me a few weeks to get back into it though and if you are willing to be patient with that, then I am definitely interested.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03.08.2010, 16:51
acmilan's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Donato Milanese
Posts: 612
Groaned at 15 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 805 Times in 350 Posts
acmilan has a reputation beyond reputeacmilan has a reputation beyond reputeacmilan has a reputation beyond reputeacmilan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tennis Partner Needed - Zurich

Quote:
View Post
Since you are a club member can you tell what level are you (in category R9.. R1) or at least where would you place yourself ?
I'm currently R7! When joining, everyone starts of at R9. I haven't played regularly for two months, so would be great to play properly again.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03.08.2010, 16:54
acmilan's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Donato Milanese
Posts: 612
Groaned at 15 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 805 Times in 350 Posts
acmilan has a reputation beyond reputeacmilan has a reputation beyond reputeacmilan has a reputation beyond reputeacmilan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tennis Partner Needed - Zurich

Quote:
View Post
9 francs/hour? 9 francs/visit? I haven't played in forever, but I have been wanting to get back into it. I only know US rating systems, but I am between around a 4.5 (looks like it translates to a R4 or R5 in Swiss ranking systems) and like to hit hard and prefer to play with guys (even though I am a girl). Played in college as well. It will take me a few weeks to get back into it though and if you are willing to be patient with that, then I am definitely interested.
Hi,

No no 9 francs all day. To be honest, most of the time we don't even charge. Just if it's the weekend and everyone is here, then it's customary to pay the non members fee. This summer it has been raining quite a lot so it has tended to be very quiet most of the guys who are assigned to my team are only ever available for the club matches. Most too busy during the week. I love hitting the ball hard too, so you are definitely welcome to come and play. I'm pretty much free from thursday onwards.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03.08.2010, 17:01
jacek's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aargau
Posts: 8,876
Groaned at 125 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 6,613 Times in 3,661 Posts
jacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tennis Partner Needed - Zurich

Quote:
View Post
... I am between around a 4.5 (looks like it translates to a R4 or R5 in Swiss ranking systems) and like to hit hard and prefer to play with guys (even though I am a girl)...
Quote:
View Post
I'm currently R7! When joining, everyone starts of at R9. I haven't played regularly for two months, so would be great to play properly again.
I know, it's like that. When you join the club they put you at the bottom unless you demonstrate your skills to the "tennis club authorities" which in my case was president just before the beginning of the season and they might give you a better ranking.

It sounds to me like R7 (men) will perfectly match R4/R5 (women)...

In www.swisstennis.ch, it is just your ranking which gets adjusted accordingly based on how many tournaments you play regularly every year. It does not say much about social non-competitive players who like to hit on the weekends. I know of many good sparring partners who do not play tournaments but are in excellent form, including my wife as well.
__________________
🎾That's what we do to help English speaking expats community in Switzerland:
General Information About Swiss Tennis
Tennis Lessons Summer Winter Seasons
🎾🎾Our charity organization to help unprivileged kids to realize their dreams:
FMTF Supports Tennis For Children in Southern Africa
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03.08.2010, 17:06
acmilan's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Donato Milanese
Posts: 612
Groaned at 15 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 805 Times in 350 Posts
acmilan has a reputation beyond reputeacmilan has a reputation beyond reputeacmilan has a reputation beyond reputeacmilan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tennis Partner Needed - Zurich

Quote:
View Post
I know, it's like that. When you join the club they put you at the bottom unless you demonstrate your skills to the "tennis club authorities" which in my case was president just before the beginning of the season and they might give you a better ranking.

It sounds to me like R7 (men) will perfectly match R4/R5 (women)...

In www.swisstennis.ch, it is just your ranking which gets adjusted accordingly based on how many tournaments you play regularly every year. It does not say much about social non-competitive players who like to hit on the weekends. I know of many good sparring partners who do not play tournaments but are in excellent form, including my wife as well.
you are absolutely right. The rankings only change considerably based on the tournaments played. for me it's the regular play that is more important. Having said that, me and my partner won two doubles tournaments. I love to hit the ball low and hard and the clay is not so bad even if it's a little slow and the bounces are unpredictable.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04.08.2010, 13:34
acmilan's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Donato Milanese
Posts: 612
Groaned at 15 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 805 Times in 350 Posts
acmilan has a reputation beyond reputeacmilan has a reputation beyond reputeacmilan has a reputation beyond reputeacmilan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tennis Partner Needed - Zurich

Bump!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tennis partner needed (Bern) Shane Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness 15 22.07.2012 18:20
Searching for Tennis Partner -Zurich- Clef6 Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness 8 30.03.2010 18:02
Looking for Tennis Partner in ZH Pavan2001 Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness 3 07.01.2010 16:58
Tennis-hitting partner needed topspin95 Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness 3 15.05.2009 13:50
Tennis partner needed - Zurich Oerlikon or Uni Irchel gyevenes Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness 3 23.07.2008 00:47


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 15:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0