Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Activities > Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11.10.2010, 21:38
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Stinger has no particular reputation at present
Pick up or Organized Hockey League

Hi,

Moved to Zurich a year ago, looking for a Hockey Team to play.

Played hockey in Montreal, Canada. Looking for a Hockey league for 30+.

If you have information, would be glad to have.

Thx
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12.10.2010, 09:35
Chemmie's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 4,144
Groaned at 33 Times in 29 Posts
Thanked 4,951 Times in 2,233 Posts
Chemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pick up or Organized Hockey League

I play pick-up (non-contact) with who ever shows up each weekend (and all this week) at Heuried.

Not quite 30+, but a few players fall in that catagory (not me for another half year)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 23.02.2012, 01:50
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bundnerland
Posts: 61
Groaned at 7 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 32 Times in 17 Posts
WaitingForYesterday has no particular reputation at present
Re: Pick up or Organized Hockey League

What do they call 'pick up' hockey here.. In german? I want to call up some rinks to ask, but I dont want to ask when they play 'pick up'.. From what I understand, most rinks are down in the summer.. if this is the case.. I might go crazy this summer..
Im playing in a league now, but I prefer pick up matches.. unfortunately zurich is too far to travel to play hockey, im near Chur.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 23.02.2012, 10:22
Chemmie's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 4,144
Groaned at 33 Times in 29 Posts
Thanked 4,951 Times in 2,233 Posts
Chemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pick up or Organized Hockey League

Quote:
View Post
What do they call 'pick up' hockey here.. In german? I want to call up some rinks to ask, but I dont want to ask when they play 'pick up'.. From what I understand, most rinks are down in the summer.. if this is the case.. I might go crazy this summer..
Im playing in a league now, but I prefer pick up matches.. unfortunately zurich is too far to travel to play hockey, im near Chur.
'Chneble' is the term here for pick-up hockey
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 23.02.2012, 10:26
sarel's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Zürich
Posts: 358
Groaned at 12 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 293 Times in 160 Posts
sarel has an excellent reputationsarel has an excellent reputationsarel has an excellent reputationsarel has an excellent reputation
Re: Pick up or Organized Hockey League

Quote:
View Post
What do they call 'pick up' hockey here.. In german? I want to call up some rinks to ask, but I dont want to ask when they play 'pick up'.. From what I understand, most rinks are down in the summer.. if this is the case.. I might go crazy this summer..
Im playing in a league now, but I prefer pick up matches.. unfortunately zurich is too far to travel to play hockey, im near Chur.
Search with the word Plausch, meaning fun...
Plausch Liga / Fun League
Plausch Mannschaft / Fun Team
there should be tons around your area!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 23.02.2012, 15:16
California Dreamer's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,082
Groaned at 176 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 1,202 Times in 617 Posts
California Dreamer has annoyed a few people around hereCalifornia Dreamer has annoyed a few people around here
Re: Pick up or Organized Hockey League

I will be playing at Hurried tonight.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03.04.2012, 01:01
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bundnerland
Posts: 61
Groaned at 7 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 32 Times in 17 Posts
WaitingForYesterday has no particular reputation at present
Re: Pick up or Organized Hockey League

Quote:
View Post
Search with the word Plausch, meaning fun...
Plausch Liga / Fun League
Plausch Mannschaft / Fun Team
there should be tons around your area!
I do play in a plausch liga, I also played 3 liga .. but Im wondering about pickup hockey.. I really cant believe that all the rinks close for the summer here.. I thought this was a 'hockey culture'.. HA! Im from Florida and we have way more hockey year-round than this...

@Chemie, I asked a teammate who has played here his entire life about 'Chneble' and he had no idea what that was.. This was in Chur, a large city...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03.04.2012, 05:22
Chemmie's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 4,144
Groaned at 33 Times in 29 Posts
Thanked 4,951 Times in 2,233 Posts
Chemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pick up or Organized Hockey League

Quote:
View Post
I do play in a plausch liga, I also played 3 liga .. but Im wondering about pickup hockey.. I really cant believe that all the rinks close for the summer here.. I thought this was a 'hockey culture'.. HA! Im from Florida and we have way more hockey year-round than this...

@Chemie, I asked a teammate who has played here his entire life about 'Chneble' and he had no idea what that was.. This was in Chur, a large city...
Seriously? They must be smoking the crack :P It's a very standard term here. It's how the rinks in Zurich define the pick up on their websites (Heuried, Dolder etc.)

As for pickup hockey in the summer, I usually like to make my way to Wetzikon once in a while on saturdays for Chneble
http://www.wetzikon.ch/Stadtleben/sp...offnungszeiten
Usually good times---they'll that Bündner teammate of yours to work on his lingo :P Perhaps he only ever played organized Ice hockey, in which he would not come across the term. Odd either way.
__________________
"You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com" -Benjamin Franklin
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Over 35 Ice Hockey League in Zurich? Tcal106 Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness 3 16.08.2010 17:24
English Forum Fantasy Football League [Premier League] Mikeybroomers Football/sports 29 13.09.2009 20:53
Champions Hockey League Rob Football/sports 19 30.03.2009 12:54
Pick-Up Ice Hockey Lausanne Area kdog31 Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness 0 02.11.2008 23:36
How to be organized, are Swissies better than the others ? IT_research_student General off-topic 0 15.01.2007 05:40


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0