Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Swiss news via The Local  
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 09.07.2015, 12:55
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 19,023
Groaned at 333 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 11,716 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: EU aiding Greece to dig out unpaid taxes in Swiss banks

Quote:
View Post
What's so funny about that? Ever since the crisis begun, northern European countries, eg Germany, Finland, are touting the virtues and the morality of paying ones debts etc.

So, why isn't it moral to help another country track down its people who do not want to pay their debts and tax evade?

Immoral is that you regard whomever is investing his money abroad as tax-evader. Countries like Greece had the possibility to ask for help accordingly but failed to do so over decades.
The following 3 users would like to thank Wollishofener for this useful post:
This user groans at Wollishofener for this post:
  #22  
Old 09.07.2015, 12:57
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 26
Groaned at 14 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 11 Times in 6 Posts
CuttySark is considered unworthyCuttySark is considered unworthyCuttySark is considered unworthy
Re: EU aiding Greece to dig out unpaid taxes in Swiss banks

Quote:
View Post
Immoral is that you regard whomever is investing his money abroad as tax-evader.
So, for you not paying taxes and hiding your money abroad is "investing"???

Only a corrupt swiss banker would say that...
The following 4 users groan at CuttySark for this post:
  #23  
Old 09.07.2015, 23:11
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Basel
Posts: 15
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 33 Times in 11 Posts
canaswiss has slipped a little
Re: EU aiding Greece to dig out unpaid taxes in Swiss banks

opening an account and investing in market funds within that bank is not hiding money. Of course it is investing. it's not up to UBS to hold your hand and ask if you filled out your tax returns properly and be sure you declare accounts in your name. what ficking nanny planet are you from?

Quote:
View Post
So, for you not paying taxes and hiding your money abroad is "investing"???

Only a corrupt swiss banker would say that...
This user would like to thank canaswiss for this useful post:
This user groans at canaswiss for this post:
  #24  
Old 10.07.2015, 07:40
Tacitus's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Zug
Posts: 84
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 111 Times in 53 Posts
Tacitus has no particular reputation at present
Re: EU aiding Greece to dig out unpaid taxes in Swiss banks

Quote:
View Post
...it's not up to UBS to hold your hand and ask if you filled out your tax returns properly and be sure you declare accounts in your name. what ficking nanny planet are you from?


....it is so much simpler if they just have you sign all the paperwork before you can open the account.... aka the US citizen process!
  #25  
Old 11.07.2015, 01:18
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 19,023
Groaned at 333 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 11,716 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: EU aiding Greece to dig out unpaid taxes in Swiss banks

Quote:
View Post
So, for you not paying taxes and hiding your money abroad is "investing"???

Only a corrupt swiss banker would say that...

if the Investor Forgets to declare the profits he made back home it is something between him and his corrupt home country
This user would like to thank Wollishofener for this useful post:
This user groans at Wollishofener for this post:
  #26  
Old 11.07.2015, 01:24
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 19,023
Groaned at 333 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 11,716 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: EU aiding Greece to dig out unpaid taxes in Swiss banks

Quote:
View Post
....it is so much simpler if they just have you sign all the paperwork before you can open the account.... aka the US citizen process!

Whomever opens a bank account in Switzerland has to fill out the paperwork as required (even in Zug) -- and what you call the US citizen process was forced through by the USA government
This user would like to thank Wollishofener for this useful post:
  #27  
Old 11.07.2015, 18:47
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 26
Groaned at 14 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 11 Times in 6 Posts
CuttySark is considered unworthyCuttySark is considered unworthyCuttySark is considered unworthy
Re: EU aiding Greece to dig out unpaid taxes in Swiss banks

Quote:
View Post
if the Investor Forgets to declare the profits he made back home it is something between him and his corrupt home country
That's bull$h1t and you know it. Aiding someone to hide undeclared income and cheating on taxes makes you an accomplice, it's as simple as that.

On another note, quite frankly I can't remember a year in the last decade or so, when a swiss bank didn't get a multi-billion $$$ fine or was not involved in a money laundering scandal. Therefore, it must be clear even to you that some of the most corrupt and greedy banks on the planet are here and obviously the swiss government knows this and does nothing about it.

I'm really happy that the EU and other countries (US etc) are bullying Switzerland to adopt transparency rules and to stop helping criminals hiding their money here.
This user would like to thank CuttySark for this useful post:
This user groans at CuttySark for this post:
  #28  
Old 11.07.2015, 23:21
xynth's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Zurich
Posts: 823
Groaned at 35 Times in 22 Posts
Thanked 1,956 Times in 565 Posts
xynth has a reputation beyond reputexynth has a reputation beyond reputexynth has a reputation beyond reputexynth has a reputation beyond reputexynth has a reputation beyond reputexynth has a reputation beyond repute
Re: EU aiding Greece to dig out unpaid taxes in Swiss banks

Quote:
View Post
I'm really happy that the EU and other countries (US etc) are bullying Switzerland to adopt transparency rules and to stop helping criminals hiding their money here.
Can you at least make an effort at trolling? This stuff wasn't all that hilarious when porsch1909 was doing it, and it sure as hell isn't funny now.
The following 2 users would like to thank xynth for this useful post:
This user groans at xynth for this post:
  #29  
Old 12.07.2015, 10:16
Tacitus's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Zug
Posts: 84
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 111 Times in 53 Posts
Tacitus has no particular reputation at present
Re: EU aiding Greece to dig out unpaid taxes in Swiss banks

Quote:
View Post
Whomever opens a bank account in Switzerland has to fill out the paperwork as required (even in Zug) -- and what you call the US citizen process was forced through by the USA government
I believe only US citizens have to sign preauthorization for disclosure and certify they don't have outstanding tax liabilities to the IRS as a condition for opening an account. US permanent residents may have to as well, I don't know and I don't know if they are asked about their US status since they are also subject to U.S. tax.

By the way, much as I dislike some of what US government does, it is ultimately and eventually answerable to the citizens. Sometimes that just takes awhile.
  #30  
Old 12.07.2015, 15:00
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 19,023
Groaned at 333 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 11,716 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: EU aiding Greece to dig out unpaid taxes in Swiss banks

Quote:
View Post
That's bull$h1t and you know it. Aiding someone to hide undeclared income and cheating on taxes makes you an accomplice, it's as simple as that.

On another note, quite frankly I can't remember a year in the last decade or so, when a swiss bank didn't get a multi-billion $$$ fine or was not involved in a money laundering scandal. Therefore, it must be clear even to you that some of the most corrupt and greedy banks on the planet are here and obviously the swiss government knows this and does nothing about it.

I'm really happy that the EU and other countries (US etc) are bullying Switzerland to adopt transparency rules and to stop helping criminals hiding their money here.

A) Nobody here is aiding anybody to hide anything
B) The banks in Switzerland were founded long before 1990
C) ever heard about the UK Channel Islands or the State of Delaware
C-2) ever heard about the Isle of Man or about the dependencies of the UK
C-3) ever heard about Monaco
D) do you want to tell me that the UK government does NOT know about this
E) the Swiss Federal Government is NOT in the position to act against free enterprise
This user would like to thank Wollishofener for this useful post:
  #31  
Old 12.07.2015, 15:01
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 19,023
Groaned at 333 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 11,716 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: EU aiding Greece to dig out unpaid taxes in Swiss banks

Quote:
View Post
I believe only US citizens have to sign preauthorization for disclosure and certify they don't have outstanding tax liabilities to the IRS as a condition for opening an account. US permanent residents may have to as well, I don't know and I don't know if they are asked about their US status since they are also subject to U.S. tax.

By the way, much as I dislike some of what US government does, it is ultimately and eventually answerable to the citizens. Sometimes that just takes awhile.

And why ? Because the US government blackmailed CH accordingly
This user would like to thank Wollishofener for this useful post:
  #32  
Old 20.07.2015, 10:07
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Zuerich
Posts: 200
Groaned at 76 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 228 Times in 103 Posts
Laurie is considered knowledgeableLaurie is considered knowledgeableLaurie is considered knowledgeable
Re: EU aiding Greece to dig out unpaid taxes in Swiss banks

Quote:
View Post
A) Nobody here is aiding anybody to hide anything
B) The banks in Switzerland were founded long before 1990
C) ever heard about the UK Channel Islands or the State of Delaware
C-2) ever heard about the Isle of Man or about the dependencies of the UK
C-3) ever heard about Monaco
D) do you want to tell me that the UK government does NOT know about this
E) the Swiss Federal Government is NOT in the position to act against free enterprise
I think there is a discussion about some corruption here that hardly ANY banks any where can claim innocence and certainly not HERE !
This user would like to thank Laurie for this useful post:
  #33  
Old 23.07.2015, 08:52
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 19,023
Groaned at 333 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 11,716 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: EU aiding Greece to dig out unpaid taxes in Swiss banks

Quote:
View Post
I think there is a discussion about some corruption here that hardly ANY banks any where can claim innocence and certainly not HERE !

Few Bankers violated against Swiss Federal laws, and you might clarify who got bribed. Yes, CH Bankers should forget about the Niagara Falls and Miami Beach as US laws are weird indeed and be content with the RHEINFALL, Lugano, Tenero and the Toscana, plus Mallorca. Also Morocco and Tunisia and Egypt and Lebanon and the UAE are no problem
 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0