Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Swiss politics/news  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #441  
Old 17.12.2010, 00:04
m_dalloway's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 323
Groaned at 14 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 363 Times in 170 Posts
m_dalloway has an excellent reputationm_dalloway has an excellent reputationm_dalloway has an excellent reputationm_dalloway has an excellent reputation
Re: Bundesrat wants to remove incest law

Quote:
View Post
Sickos? How terribly judgemental. What business is it of yours what consenting adults get up to in their own bedrooms?
I still would like to see such case where a parent/child, brother/sister have a consensual sexual relationship.
Reply With Quote
  #442  
Old 17.12.2010, 00:30
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 159
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 72 Times in 39 Posts
native has earned some respectnative has earned some respect
Re: Bundesrat wants to remove incest law

Quote:
View Post
I still would like to see such case where a parent/child, brother/sister have a consensual sexual relationship.
Couple stand by forbidden love

Quite a moving article I think.
Reply With Quote
  #443  
Old 17.12.2010, 00:36
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 159
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 72 Times in 39 Posts
native has earned some respectnative has earned some respect
Re: Bundesrat wants to remove incest law

Quote:
View Post
I still would like to see such case where a parent/child, brother/sister have a consensual sexual relationship.
And I'm pretty sure the recent father/daughter case has already been mentioned somewhere:

It's ok for homosexuals to do whatever they want in their own home. How is this so different?
Reply With Quote
  #444  
Old 17.12.2010, 00:39
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 159
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 72 Times in 39 Posts
native has earned some respectnative has earned some respect
Re: Bundesrat wants to remove incest law

Quote:
View Post
so as long as it does not concern me, means that it is ok?....ok...
Sorry, I thought it was just me who thought it was wrong that a father and daughter had sexual intercourse...sorry once again since it is not my business...well why not apply this to everything...or? No, wait maybe someone would abuse this things...no..how can that be?

none of my business...case closed...
Two consenting adults, doing in their own home whatever they please, not hurting any third party: Non of your business indeed.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank native for this useful post:
  #445  
Old 17.12.2010, 00:46
Gastro Gnome's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 3,553
Groaned at 49 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 2,856 Times in 1,550 Posts
Gastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bundesrat wants to remove incest law

Quote:
View Post
I still would like to see such case where a parent/child, brother/sister have a consensual sexual relationship.
There are many cases of brother and sisters who were separated at birth and then reunited later in life having an attraction for one another. I'm not saying this is a good thing and it does cause troubled thoughts for many involved. There's certainly no reason to criminalise it though.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2003/ma...er?INTCMP=SRCH

If there were absolutely no consensual incestuous relationships then the law could still be scrapped as rape laws and child abuse laws would already be sufficient.
Reply With Quote
  #446  
Old 17.12.2010, 00:49
Gastro Gnome's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 3,553
Groaned at 49 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 2,856 Times in 1,550 Posts
Gastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bundesrat wants to remove incest law

Quote:
View Post
so as long as it does not concern me, means that it is ok?....ok...
Sorry, I thought it was just me who thought it was wrong that a father and daughter had sexual intercourse...sorry once again since it is not my business...well why not apply this to everything...or? No, wait maybe someone would abuse this things...no..how can that be?

none of my business...case closed...
Of course it's society's business if child abuse is taking place. That's why we have child abuse laws.

Why would you be concerned about consenting adults though?

Why don't you try reading through the thread up to this point. Most of the arguments have already been stated and restated several times.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Gastro Gnome for this useful post:
  #447  
Old 17.12.2010, 09:32
OSueco's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Aargau
Posts: 1,466
Groaned at 317 Times in 193 Posts
Thanked 1,265 Times in 624 Posts
OSueco has a reputation beyond reputeOSueco has a reputation beyond reputeOSueco has a reputation beyond reputeOSueco has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bundesrat wants to remove incest law

Quote:
View Post
Of course it's society's business if child abuse is taking place. That's why we have child abuse laws.

Why would you be concerned about consenting adults though?

Why don't you try reading through the thread up to this point. Most of the arguments have already been stated and restated several times.
Sigh, for me I know to less to put statistic about the genetic defect etc. I just gave my opinion about the moral issue, that it could be abused and why does it happens. So I ask again, should it be allowed for a father to have sex with his daughter and conceive a child? Would that be fair to the child?

But the most important aspect, how DID this relationship occur? See what I am getting at...

Last edited by OSueco; 17.12.2010 at 09:43.
Reply With Quote
  #448  
Old 17.12.2010, 09:33
OSueco's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Aargau
Posts: 1,466
Groaned at 317 Times in 193 Posts
Thanked 1,265 Times in 624 Posts
OSueco has a reputation beyond reputeOSueco has a reputation beyond reputeOSueco has a reputation beyond reputeOSueco has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bundesrat wants to remove incest law

Quote:
View Post
Two consenting adults, doing in their own home whatever they please, not hurting any third party: Non of your business indeed.
Father violating his daughter year after year, but after she turns 18 then it's ok all of a sudden..bravo!
Reply With Quote
This user groans at OSueco for this post:
  #449  
Old 17.12.2010, 09:38
OSueco's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Aargau
Posts: 1,466
Groaned at 317 Times in 193 Posts
Thanked 1,265 Times in 624 Posts
OSueco has a reputation beyond reputeOSueco has a reputation beyond reputeOSueco has a reputation beyond reputeOSueco has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bundesrat wants to remove incest law

Quote:
View Post
And I'm pretty sure the recent father/daughter case has already been mentioned somewhere:

It's ok for homosexuals to do whatever they want in their own home. How is this so different?
Gay couples were not brought up together or they did not breastfeed each other...

Gay couples met under different circumstances, whereas a incest couple are together for other reasons, which itself should be questioned, once again, how DID that relationship start. For me it's something in a family that went horrible wrong....
Reply With Quote
  #450  
Old 17.12.2010, 10:49
Gastro Gnome's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 3,553
Groaned at 49 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 2,856 Times in 1,550 Posts
Gastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bundesrat wants to remove incest law

Quote:
View Post
Sigh, for me I know to less to put statistic about the genetic defect etc. I just gave my opinion about the moral issue, that it could be abused and why does it happens. So I ask again, should it be allowed for a father to have sex with his daughter and conceive a child? Would that be fair to the child?

But the most important aspect, how DID this relationship occur? See what I am getting at...
We're not talking about this situation.

We're talking about how the current law criminalises some situations where it isn't the business of the state or society to intervene. An example of this is where a brother and sister are separated at birth and then meet later in life. There are many documented cases of this happening. I'm in no way saying we should encourage these relationships, but why should this be criminal activity?

In another post you gave the example of father-daughter incest that 'suddenly becomes OK' after 18. In your example the incest had started pre-18, so that covered by child abuse or rape laws.

As for having children, since we now have contraception and also reasonably safe termination practises, this question is now irrelevant to the discussion. As for whether the state should legislate over whether close relatives can't have children, I would say probably yes. In cases in other countries, judges have allowed incestuous relationships to continue with the proviso there are no children.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Gastro Gnome for this useful post:
  #451  
Old 17.12.2010, 10:51
Gastro Gnome's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 3,553
Groaned at 49 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 2,856 Times in 1,550 Posts
Gastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bundesrat wants to remove incest law

Quote:
View Post
Father violating his daughter year after year, but after she turns 18 then it's ok all of a sudden..bravo!
No. The father should obviously be prosecuted for anything that happened before she was eighteen.
Reply With Quote
  #452  
Old 17.12.2010, 10:52
Gastro Gnome's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 3,553
Groaned at 49 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 2,856 Times in 1,550 Posts
Gastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bundesrat wants to remove incest law

Quote:
View Post
Gay couples were not brought up together or they did not breastfeed each other...

Gay couples met under different circumstances, whereas a incest couple are together for other reasons, which itself should be questioned, once again, how DID that relationship start. For me it's something in a family that went horrible wrong....
The comparison isn't about how relationships start. It's about the right of the state to legislate consenting adults sexual behaviour.
Reply With Quote
  #453  
Old 17.12.2010, 17:45
panda's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 168
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 90 Times in 57 Posts
panda is considered knowledgeablepanda is considered knowledgeablepanda is considered knowledgeable
Re: Bundesrat wants to remove incest law

Quote:
View Post
once again, how DID that relationship start. For me it's something in a family that went horrible wrong....
OSueco, do you mean that even if the person has reached the age of consent that there may have been grooming leading up to that time? That had occurred to me
Reply With Quote
  #454  
Old 18.12.2010, 00:49
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 18,978
Groaned at 332 Times in 257 Posts
Thanked 11,715 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bundesrat wants to remove incest law

Quote:
View Post
Sigh, for me I know to less to put statistic about the genetic defect etc. I just gave my opinion about the moral issue, that it could be abused and why does it happens. So I ask again, should it be allowed for a father to have sex with his daughter and conceive a child? Would that be fair to the child?

But the most important aspect, how DID this relationship occur? See what I am getting at...
If a father has sex with his daughter and she agrees, nothing will become known and proven to the outside. If the daughter however does not agree and then goes to the police, the matter will not be incest but sexual abuse or rape, and there are many laws covering this.

"how did this relationship occur ? " Not due to the existence or non-existence of one law or the other !


************************************************** ********

Quote:
View Post
Father violating his daughter year after year, but after she turns 18 then it's ok all of a sudden..bravo!
If it happens with her approval, you cannot do much as it will not be known, or at least not be proven. BUT if it happens against her will, it is rape, and there are enough laws about this.

...........................
Reply With Quote
  #455  
Old 18.12.2010, 02:43
Luc P's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ZH
Posts: 106
Groaned at 6 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 103 Times in 38 Posts
Luc P has earned some respectLuc P has earned some respect
Re: Bundesrat wants to remove incest law

Quote:
View Post
... if it happens against her will, it is rape, and there are enough laws about this.
Sadly enough, it's not always that simple... sometimes (no, I do not have statistics and don't want to research for them), "against Her will" is not enough in order to bring the $#$&%$&&%$ in front of the law... and that's the crass truth. ... be it threats, culture and social environment pressure, incestuous children lives used as a bargaining chip, etc. (I'm sick just writing this). True, I realize that we're talking about CH here... still... remember the story out of the "Eastern Empire"?!
In this case (rape), I go by the good ol' sayin': "Guns don't kill people... I do!".
__________________
Cowards die many times before their deaths. The valiant never taste of death but once. - Shakespeare
Reply With Quote
  #456  
Old 18.12.2010, 03:22
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 18,978
Groaned at 332 Times in 257 Posts
Thanked 11,715 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bundesrat wants to remove incest law

Quote:
View Post
Sadly enough, it's not always that simple... sometimes (no, I do not have statistics and don't want to research for them), "against Her will" is not enough in order to bring the $#$&%$&&%$ in front of the law... and that's the crass truth. ... be it threats, culture and social environment pressure, incestuous children lives used as a bargaining chip, etc. (I'm sick just writing this). True, I realize that we're talking about CH here... still... remember the story out of the "Eastern Empire"?!
In this case (rape), I go by the good ol' sayin': "Guns don't kill people... I do!".
All correct to some extent, but the topic is a law which is completely ineffective, as the "misdeed" in question in practice cannot be proven.

And in case of lack of proof, the culprit will get away with his deed.

In short, the law discussed here has not helped the judiciary in any way really
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Wollishofener for this useful post:
  #457  
Old 18.12.2010, 10:37
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: At home
Posts: 4,167
Groaned at 208 Times in 133 Posts
Thanked 6,403 Times in 2,719 Posts
Faltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bundesrat wants to remove incest law

In the case of parent/child sexual relationship, the question of authority and influensability will be relevant. But keep the gays out of it, that's sexual identity like heterosexuality. If you make a difference between hetero- and homosexual incest, then explain your point, otherwise, leave the gays in peace.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Faltrad for this useful post:
  #458  
Old 09.01.2011, 23:42
hoppy
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Bundesrat wants to remove incest law

Recent interview with an Iranian Swiss scientist, genetics Professor Homayoun Bagheri.

http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/swiss_ne...l?cid=29195204

I suppose that for the SVP it might prove a possible solution to retaining the Swiss racial purity.
Reply With Quote
  #459  
Old 09.01.2011, 23:50
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 18,978
Groaned at 332 Times in 257 Posts
Thanked 11,715 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bundesrat wants to remove incest law

Quote:
View Post
Recent interview with an Iranian Swiss scientist, genetics Professor Homayoun Bagheri.

http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/swiss_ne...l?cid=29195204

I suppose that for the SVP it might prove a possible solution to retaining the Swiss racial purity.
Professor Bagheri did NOT say anything about "racial purity", really nothing at all. So that your statement is far beside the point !
Reply With Quote
  #460  
Old 10.01.2011, 00:05
hoppy
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Bundesrat wants to remove incest law

Quote:
View Post
Professor Bagheri did NOT say anything about "racial purity", really nothing at all. So that your statement is far beside the point !
Of course not- actually he is against a change in the law because of power imbalances within the relationships.
If he had said this then I would have enclosed it in quotation marks. The commentary is mine, thus not enclosed in a quotation box.

Some races do inbreed when they feel threatened by other cultures. Although, as this recent study in remote Swiss villages show inbreeding does not produce fewer offspring :


Quote:
Remote villages show effects of inbreeding For the first time in a western society, Swiss researchers have shown that women born to parents related to each other tend to have fewer children themselves. The findings by a team led by evolutionary biologist Erik Postma from Zurich University revealed that, contrary to popular belief, parents who are closely related to each other do not have fewer children. Rather, the effects of inbreeding can be seen one generation later, when their children have children
http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/science_...13180&rss=true

These can retrace their racial purity back to the 1600's something I am sure the SVP would admire.

Last edited by hoppy; 10.01.2011 at 00:14. Reason: I read it worng!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bundesrat, family, incest, intercourse, legislation




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
We have a new girlie in the Bundesrat Assassin Swiss politics/news 68 29.09.2010 18:38
Didier Burkhalter, the new Bundesrat Wollishofener Swiss politics/news 13 12.10.2009 10:05
Election of Bundesrat Guest Swiss politics/news 138 07.03.2008 08:09
Remove Baseboards for Wardrobe? mgmidget72 Housing in general 7 06.09.2007 10:42


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0