Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Swiss politics/news
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 24.09.2012, 00:26
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 19,023
Groaned at 333 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 11,716 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serious allegations against Professor Christoph Mörgeli

Quote:
View Post
Now the SVP want to campaign against "left wing" dominance in universities.

Bit of a double edged sword! One might conclude that highly intelligent people find "left wing" policies/strategies to be more logical & acceptable so could there be enough highly intelligent academics who find right wing policies to be OK?
Bad is that in case the university- folks made any legal mistakes in the matter, Mr Mörgeli might get recompansations of up to CHF 150'000.--

Another matter of course is the future of the Museum of Medical History
http://www.medizin-museum.uzh.ch/indeng.html
in Zürich.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 24.09.2012, 11:54
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 8,584
Groaned at 249 Times in 215 Posts
Thanked 11,610 Times in 6,342 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serious allegations against Professor Christoph Mörgeli

Quote:
View Post
Bad is that in case the university- folks made any legal mistakes in the matter, Mr Mörgeli might get recompansations of up to CHF 150'000.--

Another matter of course is the future of the Museum of Medical History
http://www.medizin-museum.uzh.ch/indeng.html
in Zürich.
Interesting link; it says the Museum of Medical History will show 2 exhibitions per year but it only list 12 exhibitions in the 11 years 2001 - 2011.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 24.09.2012, 12:10
gflorezv's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: BERN
Posts: 120
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 33 Times in 21 Posts
gflorezv has made some interesting contributions
Re: Serious allegations against Professor Christoph Mörgeli

What will be the next chapter of the novel: Professor Christoph Mörgeli brain burnout....
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 25.09.2012, 00:05
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 19,023
Groaned at 333 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 11,716 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serious allegations against Professor Christoph Mörgeli

Quote:
View Post
Interesting link; it says the Museum of Medical History will show 2 exhibitions per year but it only list 12 exhibitions in the 11 years 2001 - 2011.
another strange detail about that museum.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 27.09.2012, 14:35
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 8,584
Groaned at 249 Times in 215 Posts
Thanked 11,610 Times in 6,342 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serious allegations against Professor Christoph Mörgeli

Fotos of your friend Alfred in the papers today - apparently being investigated over racism charges.

Nice change from fotos of the Prof. crying over his cherished exhibits he will soon leave behind; I am sure if he asks nicely he will be allowed to visit from time to time.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 28.09.2012, 00:43
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 19,023
Groaned at 333 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 11,716 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serious allegations against Professor Christoph Mörgeli

Quote:
View Post
Fotos of your friend Alfred in the papers today - apparently being investigated over racism charges.

Nice change from fotos of the Prof. crying over his cherished exhibits he will soon leave behind; I am sure if he asks nicely he will be allowed to visit from time to time.
Fredy Heer is a mild racist and a determined xenophobe
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 29.09.2012, 11:47
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 19,023
Groaned at 333 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 11,716 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serious allegations against Professor Christoph Mörgeli

Mr Mörgeli on Friday morning was relieved of his duties with IMMEDIATE effect. He however still gets paid a fortune for half a year. He has the usual rights to appeal. But in the meantime, quite obviously, the law people at the University have taken over.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Wollishofener for this useful post:
  #48  
Old 30.09.2012, 12:17
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 8,584
Groaned at 249 Times in 215 Posts
Thanked 11,610 Times in 6,342 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serious allegations against Professor Christoph Mörgeli

Quote:
View Post
Mr Mörgeli on Friday morning was relieved of his duties with IMMEDIATE effect. He however still gets paid a fortune for half a year. He has the usual rights to appeal. But in the meantime, quite obviously, the law people at the University have taken over.
About "He however still gets paid a fortune for half a year."

Looks like he will spend it all on lawyer fees - hope he gets value for money
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 17.11.2012, 12:19
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 8,584
Groaned at 249 Times in 215 Posts
Thanked 11,610 Times in 6,342 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serious allegations against Professor Christoph Mörgeli

Seems Morgeli now wants to be the Uni-Rektor; is this really a part time job?

I also see that Morgeli is a titular profeesor which translates as "honary" professor; is this somehow a step lower than a real professor, I don't know?

Apparently the Rektor has to be voted in by the Uni council. So I do not suppose Morgeli has any real chance since I have not seen any public support in the newspapers for him from such council members.

Oddly I also have not yet seen any public support for him from his SVP colleagues. Maybe there is a major media event planned for the Sunday papers? Or more likely these colleagues are trying to distance themselves?
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 17.11.2012, 21:04
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 19,023
Groaned at 333 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 11,716 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serious allegations against Professor Christoph Mörgeli

Quote:
View Post
Seems Morgeli now wants to be the Uni-Rektor; is this really a part time job?

I also see that Morgeli is a titular profeesor which translates as "honary" professor; is this somehow a step lower than a real professor, I don't know?

Apparently the Rektor has to be voted in by the Uni council. So I do not suppose Morgeli has any real chance since I have not seen any public support in the newspapers for him from such council members.

Oddly I also have not yet seen any public support for him from his SVP colleagues. Maybe there is a major media event planned for the Sunday papers? Or more likely these colleagues are trying to distance themselves?
It of course IS a full step lower than a real professor. Rector of the university ? He will have the support of the right-wingers clearly, and the other side may support his candidacy as a Uni-Rector Mörgeli will stop the continued attacks of the right-wingers against the Uni.

Part-time ? YES, he in that function can delegate almost everything.

And what ? I about a year ago had an email exchange with that man. And was rather surprised that he in private sounds different. I do not believe he is a liar. No, quite to the contrary, I believe that we would/will be a good rector
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 18.11.2012, 13:00
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 8,584
Groaned at 249 Times in 215 Posts
Thanked 11,610 Times in 6,342 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serious allegations against Professor Christoph Mörgeli

Quote:
View Post
It of course IS a full step lower than a real professor. Rector of the university ? He will have the support of the right-wingers clearly, and the other side may support his candidacy as a Uni-Rector Mörgeli will stop the continued attacks of the right-wingers against the Uni.

Part-time ? YES, he in that function can delegate almost everything.

And what ? I about a year ago had an email exchange with that man. And was rather surprised that he in private sounds different. I do not believe he is a liar. No, quite to the contrary, I believe that we would/will be a good rector
Would be interesting to see how he manages the German professors & what pressure he would get from SVP colleagues on that topic.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 18.11.2012, 14:26
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kt Zh
Posts: 5,350
Groaned at 26 Times in 25 Posts
Thanked 7,750 Times in 3,362 Posts
edot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
View Post
And what ? I about a year ago had an email exchange with that man. And was rather surprised that he in private sounds different. I do not believe he is a liar. No, quite to the contrary, I believe that we would/will be a good rector
He may be a perfectly nice guy, but would not be in the best interest of all the departments, institutes, etc at uzh.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 18.11.2012, 15:29
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 19,023
Groaned at 333 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 11,716 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serious allegations against Professor Christoph Mörgeli

Quote:
View Post
Would be interesting to see how he manages the German professors & what pressure he would get from SVP colleagues on that topic.
He will/would not have any problems with those intellectuals of German origin, and I do not even see any real problems with those SVP colleagues.

************************************************** ************

Quote:
View Post
He may be a perfectly nice guy, but would not be in the best interest of all the departments, institutes, etc at uzh.
Why not. He possibly would/will be the best choice
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 18.11.2012, 16:20
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kt Zh
Posts: 5,350
Groaned at 26 Times in 25 Posts
Thanked 7,750 Times in 3,362 Posts
edot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
View Post
He will/would not have any problems with those intellectuals of German origin, and I do not even see any real problems with those SVP colleagues.

************************************************** ************



Why not. He possibly would/will be the best choice
Not for many of the faculty, and in particular, those in humanities and social sciences.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 18.11.2012, 21:22
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 8,584
Groaned at 249 Times in 215 Posts
Thanked 11,610 Times in 6,342 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serious allegations against Professor Christoph Mörgeli

Quote:
View Post
He will/would not have any problems with those intellectuals of German origin, and I do not even see any real problems with those SVP colleagues.
You mean apart from the SVP lady who said there are too many Germans here??
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 19.11.2012, 01:08
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 19,023
Groaned at 333 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 11,716 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serious allegations against Professor Christoph Mörgeli

Quote:
View Post
You mean apart from the SVP lady who said there are too many Germans here??
Absolutely so. Most Swiss strongly believe that there are too many Germans in this world quite in general
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Wollishofener for this useful post:
  #57  
Old 19.11.2012, 09:43
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Verbier
Posts: 172
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 240 Times in 90 Posts
One Drop has a reputation beyond reputeOne Drop has a reputation beyond reputeOne Drop has a reputation beyond reputeOne Drop has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serious allegations against Professor Christoph Mörgeli

He's attacking the Universities now, following Blochers lead. Trying to vilify the left's supposed hold on them in Romandie, basically looking for a contentious and populist issue now that they don't have the immigration issue all to themselves. Transparent and shabby.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 19.11.2012, 13:33
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 19,023
Groaned at 333 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 11,716 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serious allegations against Professor Christoph Mörgeli

Quote:
View Post
He's attacking the Universities now, following Blochers lead. Trying to vilify the left's supposed hold on them in Romandie, basically looking for a contentious and populist issue now that they don't have the immigration issue all to themselves. Transparent and shabby.
Transparent and shabby may be, but typical of them. Just yesterday, Alfred Heer, the Canton Zürich SVP chief, claimed that Zürich University was under total control of the Social-Democrats. In case of the unlikely election of Mörgeli into the seat of Rektor, they no longer could do so. But Fredy Heer claimed that ALL educational institutions in the Canton of Zürich were SP-dominated. And that the SP also controlled culture and public transport. Looks as if Heer believes in a big conspiracy
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 26.11.2012, 00:01
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 8,584
Groaned at 249 Times in 215 Posts
Thanked 11,610 Times in 6,342 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serious allegations against Professor Christoph Mörgeli

Did not realise that Morgeli's boss Flurin Condrau has also resigned. And the University have suspended 2 senior colleagues of Morgeli during the investigation of who leaked the report about Morgeli to the TagesAnzeiger and breached secrecy.
Seems to be a big hole now in the leadership & who would want these jobs now?

Anyway seems to be moving more quickly than the investigation of the bank secrecy case related to the SNB head resigning which investigation has gone very quiet??
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 26.11.2012, 17:52
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 8,584
Groaned at 249 Times in 215 Posts
Thanked 11,610 Times in 6,342 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serious allegations against Professor Christoph Mörgeli

According to today's papers it looks like the University may not have followed the correct procedures so Morgeli may get more compensation
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Criminal investigation launched against Christoph Blocher Wollishofener Swiss politics/news 44 03.05.2015 17:33
Petroplus denies fraud allegations The Local Swiss news via The Local 0 26.01.2012 17:06
student-professor relationship Asteroidea Daily life 18 21.02.2011 00:53
I'm not a professor prof. taratonga Introductions 5 22.04.2010 23:33


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0