Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Swiss politics/news
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1041  
Old 15.11.2014, 21:05
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 19,023
Groaned at 333 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 11,716 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Repercussions of Vote Already Starting...

Quote:
View Post
Blocher SVP etc
!


Mr Blocher is not the scapegoat but very eager to take the lead of super conservative notions


Hate/Love/Detest Mr Blocher ?? A good question. I detest him generally but admire the businessman and at times even admire the man who asks interesting questions. He a while before the breakdown of Swissair placed the question on TV "" does Switzerland really need a national Airline ? "" and was proven right in the meantime. Lufthansa, trading here as *Swiss" is doing a tremendous Job


What I hate about him is his demagoguery and his ultra conservative and ultra nationalist positions. That he is rich is not a point. Quite many people in the past and at present, were rich, as there were
Generals Dufour, Herzog, Wille, Guisan
Alfred von Escher
Bundesrat Villiger & many others in the Federal government
Nick Hayek, the famous Swatch entrepreneur



What he has done, does and is doing is to try to sabotage Progress, is to try isolate this country. Sorry, not into the bin but to the gallows for high treason


Mr Blocher is not the SVP but bought the SVP. When he gradually took it over, the BGB/SVP was in a position similar to the FDP with the CVP then being still on the far right. He cleverly used the CVP trying to move a bit to the centre while losing much of its old powerbases in the Catholic strongholds. He moved the SVP to the far right


The ECOP thing simply shows that Grand Ayatollah Blocher is a highly intelligent chap


And the SVP is not Mr. Blocher, neither is Mr. Blocher the SVP! I know several instances where SVP members have gone the opposite way of Mr. Blocher, and right now there are whole swathes of SVP members who are voting for ECOPOP against the will of Mr. Blocher!!



I do not remember demonstrations of Liberals (FDP/GLP/etc) against or for anything. And neither Liberals nor Social Democrats are
- angry immigrants
- communists
- punks
- anarchists


I have NOT seen any demo started by the Liberals


The will of the people in the past three decades very often resulted in the SVP losing out and the Social Democrats winning. I still remember how Micheline Calmy-Rey WON about the Schengen-Agreement and the Dublin-Agreement. If you look at the federal votes in general you can see that the Social Democrats won more votes than the SVP


Simonetta Sommaruga does NOT act as if there was no problem, but quite to the contrary mentions them and tackles them, but solutions are complicated

WHAT exactly is DETERIORATING ? In many ways the situation is still the same as back in 1970. All the parties propose lots of things, and some solutions. The SVP generally only gets recipes for disaster. They provide rethorics but not solutions



To blame the Dublin-Agreement for Italy and Austria MIS-using their Position as full EU members is rubbish. The Dublin-Agreement in fact has nothing to do with the refugees. That Italy however violated EU Agreements in regard to civil aviation and refugees is fact
Reply With Quote
  #1042  
Old 15.11.2014, 21:51
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 22,221
Groaned at 1,167 Times in 914 Posts
Thanked 25,104 Times in 12,017 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Repercussions of Vote Already Starting...

Quote:
View Post
Well here is the thing, it only takes one member to say no and for an EU treaty change to be accepted, there would have to be a referendum in Ireland! So it is the Irish people and not the Irish government that has the final say!

This is now also the case in Denmark and France as far as I know. Which is one of the reasons why no one is too excited about opening up that can of worms unless the absolutely have to.
F... em.

Tom
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank st2lemans for this useful post:
  #1043  
Old 15.11.2014, 23:56
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Ostschweiz
Posts: 5,151
Groaned at 160 Times in 135 Posts
Thanked 6,565 Times in 3,370 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Repercussions of Vote Already Starting...

Quote:
View Post
To blame the Dublin-Agreement for Italy and Austria MIS-using their Position as full EU members is rubbish. The Dublin-Agreement in fact has nothing to do with the refugees. That Italy however violated EU Agreements in regard to civil aviation and refugees is fact
You're misunderstanding, the Dublin Accord isn't being blamed. The recent EMGR ruling simply made the part obsolete that defines how refugees are dealt with, as Italy and Greece can in effect determine unilaterally how many refugees are returned to them by not providing the necessary guarantees. Provided they registered the immigrant in the first place.
Reply With Quote
  #1044  
Old 16.11.2014, 13:05
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 8,577
Groaned at 248 Times in 214 Posts
Thanked 11,588 Times in 6,328 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Repercussions of Vote Already Starting...

Quote:
View Post
Mr Blocher is not the scapegoat but very eager to take the lead of super conservative notions


Hate/Love/Detest Mr Blocher ?? A good question. I detest him generally but admire the businessman and at times even admire the man who asks interesting questions. He a while before the breakdown of Swissair placed the question on TV "" does Switzerland really need a national Airline ? "" and was proven right in the meantime. Lufthansa, trading here as *Swiss" is doing a tremendous Job


What I hate about him is his demagoguery and his ultra conservative and ultra nationalist positions. That he is rich is not a point. Quite many people in the past and at present, were rich, as there were
Generals Dufour, Herzog, Wille, Guisan
Alfred von Escher
Bundesrat Villiger & many others in the Federal government
Nick Hayek, the famous Swatch entrepreneur



What he has done, does and is doing is to try to sabotage Progress, is to try isolate this country. Sorry, not into the bin but to the gallows for high treason


Mr Blocher is not the SVP but bought the SVP. When he gradually took it over, the BGB/SVP was in a position similar to the FDP with the CVP then being still on the far right. He cleverly used the CVP trying to move a bit to the centre while losing much of its old powerbases in the Catholic strongholds. He moved the SVP to the far right


The ECOP thing simply shows that Grand Ayatollah Blocher is a highly intelligent chap


And the SVP is not Mr. Blocher, neither is Mr. Blocher the SVP! I know several instances where SVP members have gone the opposite way of Mr. Blocher, and right now there are whole swathes of SVP members who are voting for ECOPOP against the will of Mr. Blocher!!



I do not remember demonstrations of Liberals (FDP/GLP/etc) against or for anything. And neither Liberals nor Social Democrats are
- angry immigrants
- communists
- punks
- anarchists


I have NOT seen any demo started by the Liberals


The will of the people in the past three decades very often resulted in the SVP losing out and the Social Democrats winning. I still remember how Micheline Calmy-Rey WON about the Schengen-Agreement and the Dublin-Agreement. If you look at the federal votes in general you can see that the Social Democrats won more votes than the SVP


Simonetta Sommaruga does NOT act as if there was no problem, but quite to the contrary mentions them and tackles them, but solutions are complicated

WHAT exactly is DETERIORATING ? In many ways the situation is still the same as back in 1970. All the parties propose lots of things, and some solutions. The SVP generally only gets recipes for disaster. They provide rethorics but not solutions



To blame the Dublin-Agreement for Italy and Austria MIS-using their Position as full EU members is rubbish. The Dublin-Agreement in fact has nothing to do with the refugees. That Italy however violated EU Agreements in regard to civil aviation and refugees is fact
About "The ECOP thing simply shows that Grand Ayatollah Blocher is a highly intelligent chap"

Indeed he is. He certainly fooled me! Like most people I thought the Masseinwanderung initiative was about reducing the number of immigrants. It was not! It was about destroying the bilaterals and seems to be successful.

Even Blocher himself has said in interviews that the Bundesrat could implement Masseinwanderung with high quotas so not reducing the numbers of immigrants.
It is clear from his views on Ecopop that he really does not want to see big reductions in immigration. Why would he? He owns a company that employs many immigrants.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank marton for this useful post:
  #1045  
Old 16.11.2014, 13:25
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 19,023
Groaned at 333 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 11,716 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Repercussions of Vote Already Starting...

Quote:
View Post
You're misunderstanding, the Dublin Accord isn't being blamed. The recent EMGR ruling simply made the part obsolete that defines how refugees are dealt with, as Italy and Greece can in effect determine unilaterally how many refugees are returned to them by not providing the necessary guarantees. Provided they registered the immigrant in the first place.

A) "EAB" clearly DID blame the Dublin Accord
B) the EMGR ruling came about in order to help Italy and Greece
C) Italy often does NOT register arriving refugees but puts them into trains northward


C-2) and here is a point where I fully agree with Mr Blocher and that is that Switzerland should make checks on Italy originating trains, and then "back to sender" --- not exactly an easy matter in reality indeed
Reply With Quote
  #1046  
Old 16.11.2014, 13:31
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 19,023
Groaned at 333 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 11,716 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Repercussions of Vote Already Starting...

Quote:
View Post
About "The ECOP thing simply shows that Grand Ayatollah Blocher is a highly intelligent chap"

Indeed he is. He certainly fooled me! Like most people I thought the Masseinwanderung initiative was about reducing the number of immigrants. It was not! It was about destroying the bilaterals and seems to be successful.

Even Blocher himself has said in interviews that the Bundesrat could implement Masseinwanderung with high quotas so not reducing the numbers of immigrants.
It is clear from his views on Ecopop that he really does not want to see big reductions in immigration. Why would he? He owns a company that employs many immigrants.


Unfortunately quite many thought that the "Masseneinwanderungs-Initiative" was about the number of immigrants which it never was. Yes from the text of the initiative it was clear that he simply wanted to sabotage the Bilaterals, No, he seems NOT to be successful. The federal government in conjunction with the cantonal governments and the universities has more or less RESCUED the Bilaterals, and all opinion polls show that the Bilaterals have a heavy majority in their favour
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Wollishofener for this useful post:
  #1047  
Old 16.11.2014, 13:51
Jim2007's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kt. Bern
Posts: 2,801
Groaned at 55 Times in 51 Posts
Thanked 3,034 Times in 1,531 Posts
Jim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Repercussions of Vote Already Starting...

Quote:
View Post
Either way - the most plausible type of escalation is probably Switzerland unilaterally ignoring the contracts. The EU would then have to, unanimously or not, cancel the contracts.
The EU does not have to do anything, once we break the agreement it is over and the domino effect causes all other parts of the agreement to fall as well. And then since we have no trade, agreement the normal EU trade tariffs and restrictions reply. Yap, we can do it all by ourselves

Any new agreements or alteration to current agreements between the EU and a third country requires at a minimum, the approval of the Council of Ministers (Foreign Ministers of all 28 states in this case), The EU Commission and the EU Parliament (751 members elected by EU citizens).
__________________
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." - Nelson Mandela
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Jim2007 for this useful post:
  #1048  
Old 16.11.2014, 14:30
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Ostschweiz
Posts: 5,151
Groaned at 160 Times in 135 Posts
Thanked 6,565 Times in 3,370 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Repercussions of Vote Already Starting...

Quote:
View Post
A) "EAB" clearly DID blame the Dublin Accord
B) the EMGR ruling came about in order to help Italy and Greece
C) Italy often does NOT register arriving refugees but puts them into trains northward


C-2) and here is a point where I fully agree with Mr Blocher and that is that Switzerland should make checks on Italy originating trains, and then "back to sender" --- not exactly an easy matter in reality indeed
B) The ruling is to protect the plaintiffs (refugees). The effects on the Dublin accord are (in theory at least) irrelevant to the EMGR
C) Yup, that's what I said
C2) Yup
Reply With Quote
  #1049  
Old 16.11.2014, 16:37
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 8,577
Groaned at 248 Times in 214 Posts
Thanked 11,588 Times in 6,328 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Repercussions of Vote Already Starting...

Quote:
View Post
A) "EAB" clearly DID blame the Dublin Accord
B) the EMGR ruling came about in order to help Italy and Greece
C) Italy often does NOT register arriving refugees but puts them into trains northward


C-2) and here is a point where I fully agree with Mr Blocher and that is that Switzerland should make checks on Italy originating trains, and then "back to sender" --- not exactly an easy matter in reality indeed
About ""EAB" clearly DID blame the Dublin Accord"
Although strangely Switzerland is the country that benefits most from the Dublin Accord and sends more asylum seekers to other "Dublin" countries than any other country, look here

Pity EAB did not do some research before posting.

Without the Dublin accord I assume Switzerland would have to keep all these asylum seekers because no other country would be obliged to take them from us
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank marton for this useful post:
  #1050  
Old 16.11.2014, 16:41
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 8,577
Groaned at 248 Times in 214 Posts
Thanked 11,588 Times in 6,328 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Repercussions of Vote Already Starting...

Quote:
View Post
Unfortunately quite many thought that the "Masseneinwanderungs-Initiative" was about the number of immigrants which it never was. Yes from the text of the initiative it was clear that he simply wanted to sabotage the Bilaterals, No, he seems NOT to be successful. The federal government in conjunction with the cantonal governments and the universities has more or less RESCUED the Bilaterals, and all opinion polls show that the Bilaterals have a heavy majority in their favour
But, the EU have clearly stated they will not negotiate FMOP so if a quota system is introduced then how will the bilaterals survive?
Reply With Quote
  #1051  
Old 16.11.2014, 18:37
EAB EAB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bern, Switzerland
Posts: 479
Groaned at 118 Times in 49 Posts
Thanked 403 Times in 194 Posts
EAB has made some interesting contributions
Re: Repercussions of Vote Already Starting...

Quote:
View Post
About ""EAB" clearly DID blame the Dublin Accord"
Although strangely Switzerland is the country that benefits most from the Dublin Accord and sends more asylum seekers to other "Dublin" countries than any other country, look here

Pity EAB did not do some research before posting.

Without the Dublin accord I assume Switzerland would have to keep all these asylum seekers because no other country would be obliged to take them from us
Tsk Tsk ... And if the Dublin Agreement were no longer in effect in Switzerland don't you think we would also change a host of other things ... such as regaining control of our asylum/refugee policies once again!?
Reply With Quote
  #1052  
Old 16.11.2014, 18:48
Phil_MCR's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 12,374
Groaned at 265 Times in 173 Posts
Thanked 14,697 Times in 6,224 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Repercussions of Vote Already Starting...

Quote:
View Post
Tsk Tsk ... And if the Dublin Agreement were no longer in effect in Switzerland don't you think we would also change a host of other things ... such as regaining control of our asylum/refugee policies once again!?
Do you think Switzerland would leave the other treaties?

https://treaties.un.org/Pages/ViewDe...n#Participants


https://treaties.un.org/Pages/ViewDe...n#Participants
Reply With Quote
  #1053  
Old 16.11.2014, 18:52
Phil_MCR's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 12,374
Groaned at 265 Times in 173 Posts
Thanked 14,697 Times in 6,224 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Repercussions of Vote Already Starting...

Quote:
View Post
The EU does not have to do anything, once we break the agreement it is over and the domino effect causes all other parts of the agreement to fall as well. And then since we have no trade, agreement the normal EU trade tariffs and restrictions reply. Yap, we can do it all by ourselves

Any new agreements or alteration to current agreements between the EU and a third country requires at a minimum, the approval of the Council of Ministers (Foreign Ministers of all 28 states in this case), The EU Commission and the EU Parliament (751 members elected by EU citizens).
Jim2007. Do you know if there is any mechanism under the agreements, or otherwise, to bring action against Switzerland under EU institutions (e.g. the EU courts) with the end result that the EU could apply pressure by fining Switzerland?
Reply With Quote
  #1054  
Old 16.11.2014, 18:58
EAB EAB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bern, Switzerland
Posts: 479
Groaned at 118 Times in 49 Posts
Thanked 403 Times in 194 Posts
EAB has made some interesting contributions
Re: Repercussions of Vote Already Starting...

I am not saying they would or they wouldn't - but what I am saying is that if the Switzerland dumped the Dublin Agreement it would be pretty stupid to not take precautions to ensure that Switzerland is not overrun with refugees and asylum seekers. The way I see it, and I could be wrong, the only reason anyhow that we would dump the Dublin Agreement would for the very reason of redefining our own refugee/asylum policies to ensure that we are not overrun .. so to me it's silly to say that we had better keep the agreement or else we will be overrun ...
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank EAB for this useful post:
  #1055  
Old 16.11.2014, 19:27
EAB EAB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bern, Switzerland
Posts: 479
Groaned at 118 Times in 49 Posts
Thanked 403 Times in 194 Posts
EAB has made some interesting contributions
Re: Repercussions of Vote Already Starting...

Quote:
View Post

That he is rich is not a point.
Well then why bother mentioning that he is a "billionare" and that he possess "all his millions"!? It's obvious you were using his wealth as a weapon against his character!

Quote:
What he has done, does and is doing is to try to sabotage Progress, is to try isolate this country.
Well I guess we have a different notion of what "Progress" is - and what you call "isolation" others call independence and a right to govern ones own nation!

Quote:
The ECOP thing simply shows that Grand Ayatollah Blocher is a highly intelligent chap
Oh and now he is the "Grand Ayatollah" ... HAHA!!
Come on ...
Please explain how ECOPOP "shows that Blocher is a highly intelligent chap" ...

Quote:
I do not remember demonstrations of Liberals (FDP/GLP/etc) against or for anything. And neither Liberals nor Social Democrats are
- angry immigrants
- communists
- punks
- anarchists


I have NOT seen any demo started by the Liberals
We then who the heck were they!? How did they get a permit to demonstrate in Bern within 24 hours - and on a weekend no less!?

Quote:
Simonetta Sommaruga does NOT act as if there was no problem, but quite to the contrary mentions them and tackles them, but solutions are complicated
She "tackles them"!? Really!? Yeah - with endless rhetoric ...
But you're right, solution ARE complicated ... and it's even MORE complicated when the people decide something and the Federal Government sits on their hands with implementing the people's wishes!!

Quote:
WHAT exactly is DETERIORATING ? In many ways the situation is still the same as back in 1970. All the parties propose lots of things, and some solutions. The SVP generally only gets recipes for disaster. They provide rethorics but not solutions
Well, do you really need someone to say how things are deteriorating!? I am not talking about things deteriorating in politics necessarily.
As for the SVP providing only "recipes for disaster" and "rhetoric but not solutions" ... we will have to just agree to disagree on that. I see the MEI as a very sensible and straightforward step towards the solution of regaining our right to define immigration policy independently of the EU, or anyone else for that matter - but this is obviously not a solution that you are happy with ... so you would rather do nothing (probably mostly because the MEI was led by the SVP and Mr. Blocher!).

Quote:
To blame the Dublin-Agreement for Italy and Austria MIS-using their Position as full EU members is rubbish. The Dublin-Agreement in fact has nothing to do with the refugees. That Italy however violated EU Agreements in regard to civil aviation and refugees is fact
Ok, then maybe I am getting things mixed up. From what I recall isn't it the Dublin Convention that says that asylum seekers must be granted asylum in the first country they enter which is a signatory to the Dublin Convention!? ... or is that coming from another agreement?
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank EAB for this useful post:
  #1056  
Old 16.11.2014, 22:16
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 19,023
Groaned at 333 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 11,716 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Repercussions of Vote Already Starting...

Quote:
View Post
Well then why bother mentioning that he is a "billionare" and that he possess "all his millions"!? It's obvious you were using his wealth as a weapon against his character!
-
No, what I oppose to is how he used his millions to BUY political clout



Quote:
View Post

Well I guess we have a different notion of what "Progress" is - and what you call "isolation" others call independence and a right to govern ones own nation!
-
Without agreements, Switzerland would/will lose ALL Independence and get dictated conditions. Back to history. Stuttgart Agricultural University educated Henri Guisan AFTER having become Supreme Military Commander and AFTER having been an observer on the German Eastern Front in WW-I in 1939 to 44 often visited Berlin to iron out compromises good for Switzerland. YES, irony is that largely democratic Europe has far more power than Nazi-Germany dominated Europe ever had in those times. Progress means to maintain self-government and Independence while finding ways (again a quote from Henri Guisan) to "take responsibility in a new Europe"


Quote:
View Post
Oh and now he is the "Grand Ayatollah" ... HAHA!!
Come on ...
Please explain how ECOPOP "shows that Blocher is a highly intelligent chap" ...
-
ECOPOP would have been nice to the GrandAyatollah in regard to propaganda and rethorics but he realizes that it is rubbish

Quote:
View Post
We then who the heck were they!? How did they get a permit to demonstrate in Bern within 24 hours - and on a weekend no less!?
-
Demonstrations between Hamburg and Milano are manned by people recruited as needed. Just look at the anti WEF Demos, manned by people from Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria and Italy

Quote:
View Post
She "tackles them"!? Really!? Yeah - with endless rhetoric ...
But you're right, solution ARE complicated ... and it's even MORE complicated when the people decide something and the Federal Government sits on their hands with implementing the people's wishes!!
-
extreme rethorics is NOT solving problems, and rethorics is what the SVP and the Grand Ayatollah deliver

Quote:
View Post
Well, do you really need someone to say how things are deteriorating!? I am not talking about things deteriorating in politics necessarily.
As for the SVP providing only "recipes for disaster" and "rhetoric but not solutions" ... we will have to just agree to disagree on that. I see the MEI as a very sensible and straightforward step towards the solution of regaining our right to define immigration policy independently of the EU, or anyone else for that matter - but this is obviously not a solution that you are happy with ... so you would rather do nothing (probably mostly because the MEI was led by the SVP and Mr. Blocher!).
-
the MEI is rubbish. It now would no longer find a 40% majority

Quote:
View Post
Ok, then maybe I am getting things mixed up. From what I recall isn't it the Dublin Convention that says that asylum seekers must be granted asylum in the first country they enter which is a signatory to the Dublin Convention!? ... or is that coming from another agreement?
-
correct. It also is the Schengen and Dublin Agreements which provide member states the right to implement additional controls in times of need. In contrast to other Schengen countries, Switzerland has not yet taken use of the possibilities at Hand.


Unfortunately however you indeed mixed something up. Neither of the agreements adopted the POINT OF ENTRY principle, basic in the USA. The Transit-Principle is deeply in the minds of People including policemen in Europe. If someone arrives in Zürich and states that he is enroute to Paris, he will be directed into TRANSIT and will only have to face customs over in Paris. And THIS is WRONG in Europe. For comparison, if you arrive in NY and say that you are enroute to Chicago, you will be directed to IMMIGRATION, and so it should be in the Schengen Area
Reply With Quote
  #1057  
Old 16.11.2014, 22:39
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 8,577
Groaned at 248 Times in 214 Posts
Thanked 11,588 Times in 6,328 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Repercussions of Vote Already Starting...

Quote:
View Post
Tsk Tsk ... And if the Dublin Agreement were no longer in effect in Switzerland don't you think we would also change a host of other things ... such as regaining control of our asylum/refugee policies once again!?
Ahh More rhetoric without any content!

Switzerland has proved very capable of using the Dublin Agreement to best advantage to distribute asylum seekers to other Dublin countries.
As I posted before without the the Dublin Agreement Switzerland would have to simply accept asylum seekers; no possibility of sending them to other Dublin countries and no possibility to send them home because their mother countries would not accept them.
Or do you offer a solution?

Every important EU treaty has clauses linking to other treaties so leaving one automatically means leaving all of them

Problem with Blocher is he has too much power.
As strategy chief he controls the SVP strategies and he knows the slogan "Adverising pays" so he is capable to blanket the country with propaganda supporting his views.
I find it sad that Switzerland's direction and policy can be driven as a rich man's hobby.
Reply With Quote
  #1058  
Old 16.11.2014, 23:05
EAB EAB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bern, Switzerland
Posts: 479
Groaned at 118 Times in 49 Posts
Thanked 403 Times in 194 Posts
EAB has made some interesting contributions
Re: Repercussions of Vote Already Starting...

Quote:
View Post
-
No, what I oppose to is how he used his millions to BUY political clout
I am sure the guy is no Angel, but really ... what politician doesn't use whatever means are available to him/her to advance his/her political goals? I bet if there was a politician all for the thing you are for, who bought his/her way to political greatness, you would be just fine with it - or at the very least would not be calling that politician out on it ... but just because you disagree with this politician and his stance on things you take issue that he used his financial wealth to advance in his political goals.

And aside from that - do you have any proof of Mr. Blocher "buying political clout"? - and if so do you boil down his entire political career to him paying off his followers!? - If you got no evidence of this then you are just parroting what I have already heard other say of him, without having anything to back it up ...

Quote:
Without agreements, Switzerland would/will lose ALL Independence and get dictated conditions.
I disagree. Goes to show that those opposed to Initiatives like the MEI are just as good at using doomsday scenarios as anyone else is ...

Quote:
ECOPOP would have been nice to the GrandAyatollah in regard to propaganda and rethorics but he realizes that it is rubbish
And do you again have anything other than your word to back that up? Did Mr. Blocher make a statement anywhere to that effect?
Please explain how to Mr. Blocher ECOPOP is "nice in regard to propaganda and rethorics" and at the same time "rubbish" to him ...

Quote:
Demonstrations between Hamburg and Milano are manned by people recruited as needed. Just look at the anti WEF Demos, manned by people from Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria and Italy
So your saying that the permits were handed to a bunch of immigrants!?
To my mind the permits would not have been given out, especially not that fast on any day let alone a weekend, had it not been for some pretty heavyweight political hands moving ...

Quote:
extreme rethorics is NOT solving problems, and rethorics is what the SVP and the Grand Ayatollah deliver
I disagree. They place initiative at the end of their so-called "rhetoric" - so it's not just "rhetoric", but they mean business! If you want to treat Initiatives as "rhetoric" ... well go right ahead ...

Quote:
the MEI is rubbish. It now would no longer find a 40% majority
Well, if it is "rubbish" it's the best damn kind of "rubbish" we have! Not like the SP et al were doing diddly squat to reign in the immigration rate in the country!!

Quote:
It also is the Schengen and Dublin Agreements which provide member states the right to implement additional controls in times of need. In contrast to other Schengen countries, Switzerland has not yet taken use of the possibilities at Hand.
Like!?

Quote:
Unfortunately however you indeed mixed something up. Neither of the agreements adopted the POINT OF ENTRY principle, basic in the USA. The Transit-Principle is deeply in the minds of People including policemen in Europe. If someone arrives in Zürich and states that he is enroute to Paris, he will be directed into TRANSIT and will only have to face customs over in Paris. And THIS is WRONG in Europe. For comparison, if you arrive in NY and say that you are enroute to Chicago, you will be directed to IMMIGRATION, and so it should be in the Schengen Area
Absolutely not! NY and Chicago are both within the USofA - a single country - so it makes sense that if you are arriving in one US city from outside the country, and going to another city within that country, that you would be directed to Immigrations. You are mixing apples and oranges to say that NY and Chicago are equal to Zurich and Paris. Europe in contrast is made up of a collection of countries - and this is not the United States of Europe just yet ... but I can see now that you are probably rooting for it to become this ...
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank EAB for this useful post:
  #1059  
Old 16.11.2014, 23:18
EAB EAB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bern, Switzerland
Posts: 479
Groaned at 118 Times in 49 Posts
Thanked 403 Times in 194 Posts
EAB has made some interesting contributions
Re: Repercussions of Vote Already Starting...

Quote:
View Post
Ahh More rhetoric without any content!

Switzerland has proved very capable of using the Dublin Agreement to best advantage to distribute asylum seekers to other Dublin countries.
As I posted before without the the Dublin Agreement Switzerland would have to simply accept asylum seekers; no possibility of sending them to other Dublin countries and no possibility to send them home because their mother countries would not accept them.
Or do you offer a solution?
Nope - as I said in a follow-up post ... :

"I am not saying they would or they wouldn't - but what I am saying is that if the Switzerland dumped the Dublin Agreement it would be pretty stupid to not take precautions to ensure that Switzerland is not overrun with refugees and asylum seekers. The way I see it, and I could be wrong, the only reason anyhow that we would dump the Dublin Agreement would for the very reason of redefining our own refugee/asylum policies to ensure that we are not overrun .. so to me it's silly to say that we had better keep the agreement or else we will be overrun ... "

Quote:
Every important EU treaty has clauses linking to other treaties so leaving one automatically means leaving all of them
We'll see ...

Quote:
Problem with Blocher is he has too much power.
Haha ... it's only a "problem" if you hate what the guy stands for etc ...
If he was promoting closer ties with the EU and open borders etc ... I bet most of his haters would suddenly have NO "problem" with him having "too much power"

Quote:
As strategy chief he controls the SVP strategies and he knows the slogan "Adverising pays" so he is capable to blanket the country with propaganda supporting his views.
Yeah - you know the only "blanket" of "propaganda" I see covering Switzerland today are the ones saying NEIN zu ECOPOP! Is the "strategy chief" paying for all of this as well!?

Quote:
I find it sad that Switzerland's direction and policy can be driven as a rich man's hobby.
Again, pulling his financial wealth into the picture and using it as a weapon against his character - and then basing his entire political career down to "a rich man's hobby" .... tsktsk ..
Well, many Swiss are pretty happy to have someone like Mr. Blocher around - not perfect - but it's a set of brakes to the steam train that is trying to take this country to a place the people are not sure they want to go!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank EAB for this useful post:
  #1060  
Old 16.11.2014, 23:23
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 8,577
Groaned at 248 Times in 214 Posts
Thanked 11,588 Times in 6,328 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Repercussions of Vote Already Starting...

Quote:
View Post
Nope - as I said in a follow-up post ... :

"I am not saying they would or they wouldn't - but what I am saying is that if the Switzerland dumped the Dublin Agreement it would be pretty stupid to not take precautions to ensure that Switzerland is not overrun with refugees and asylum seekers. The way I see it, and I could be wrong, the only reason anyhow that we would dump the Dublin Agreement would for the very reason of redefining our own refugee/asylum policies to ensure that we are not overrun .. so to me it's silly to say that we had better keep the agreement or else we will be overrun ... "



We'll see ...



Haha ... it's only a "problem" if you hate what the guy stands for etc ...
If he was promoting closer ties with the EU and open borders etc ... I bet most of his haters would suddenly have NO "problem" with him having "too much power"



Yeah - you know the only "blanket" of "propaganda" I see covering Switzerland today are the ones saying NEIN zu ECOPOP! Is the "strategy chief" paying for all of this as well!?



Again, pulling his financial wealth into the picture and using it as a weapon against his character - and then basing his entire political career down to "a rich man's hobby" .... tsktsk ..
Well, many Swiss are pretty happy to have someone like Mr. Blocher around - not perfect - but it's a set of brakes to the steam train that is trying to take this country to a place the people are not sure they want to go!
More rhetoric and no content

About "basing his entire political career down to "a rich man's hobby""; he is simply a retired successful business man who has found a hobby to fill his retirement days.
Pity he did not take an interest in something harmless like ocean racing.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
erasmus, european union, fmop, horizon, immigration, masseneinwanderung, vote




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Immigration status of Non-EU starting a business in Switzerland alesco Business & entrepreneur 28 09.11.2015 14:26
Masseneinwanderung [Immigration] vote - Facts Slaphead Swiss politics/news 4 29.06.2014 19:59
Is there any age limits to starting a PhD? Breezy Family matters/health 15 18.11.2012 01:23
Immigration limits in the UK: what about scientists? HashBrown International affairs/politics 5 08.10.2010 00:29


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0