Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Swiss politics/news  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 26.08.2015, 08:48
amogles's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10,511
Groaned at 218 Times in 185 Posts
Thanked 21,719 Times in 9,241 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SVP and next major elections

Quote:
View Post
Indeed, People like Messrs Spuhler and Giezendanner miss some sense for economic Problems and are disappointed that Business Tycoon Blocher concentrates on ideological issues and leaves the Party to the farmers
It's interesting you should mention Giezendanner as despite being a businessman he is also a demagogue, and definitely better known for his demogaguery than his business side.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 26.08.2015, 09:11
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 19,023
Groaned at 333 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 11,716 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SVP and next major elections

Quote:
View Post
It's interesting you should mention Giezendanner as despite being a businessman he is also a demagogue, and definitely better known for his demogaguery than his business side.


He is successful and famous in the transportation business. Politics is just his Hobby. Do not forget that his language is the one common in the Speditions-Welt

Last edited by Wollishofener; 26.08.2015 at 09:37.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01.09.2015, 11:49
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 9,004
Groaned at 379 Times in 328 Posts
Thanked 15,444 Times in 8,398 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SVP and next major elections

Thomas Fuchs (49) Bern SVP-Politician and Nationalrat candidate turned up at an SVP party last week in his army uniform.
Wearing army uniform to political events is forbidden by Swiss army regulations; an investigation is underway.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank marton for this useful post:
  #44  
Old 01.09.2015, 17:10
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Ostschweiz
Posts: 7,481
Groaned at 293 Times in 241 Posts
Thanked 9,665 Times in 5,089 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SVP and next major elections

Quote:
View Post
Thomas Fuchs (49) Bern SVP-Politician and Nationalrat candidate turned up at an SVP party last week in his army uniform.
Wearing army uniform to political events is forbidden by Swiss army regulations; an investigation is underway.
Somebody naming hiself Thomas Fuchs posted the following on berneroberlaender.ch. The way it is written it could well be from the offender himself:

"This is scary. It is a true sign of a Milizarmee [militia?] when somebody in uniform and during his military service stands as a candidate for the Federal Parliament. It is surprising that Militärdienstverweigerer [?][people refusing to serve] now quote the Dienstreglement (DR) [the rules, law, handed out to all members of the swiss army] as if it was the law, and as if there were no permits to wear the uniform. It is time for the tide to turn on oct 18, 2015 [the federal parliamentary elections] lest these groups gain the upper hand."

Mr Fuch is colonel of the swiss army. In this capacity, as well as when he was still captain, part of his job is to punish his subordinates according to the military law. As such it's impossible for him to no know that the above is complete horse manure - it's as if a policeman said there's no traffic law, no criminal law, no law at all. In fact, military law knows no exception with respect to the ban on wearing the uniform at political events. The fact that Blick was present is proof that the event was anything but private.

If it was indeed written by Fuchs it would be a very apt demostration of the typical SVP members' double standards. It'll be interesting to see what he writes on his homepage.

"jetzt kriege ich Angst. Wenn man sich an einen nicht öffentlichen Anlass während dem Militärdienst in Uniform als Kandidat für das Nationale Parlament stellt, ist das ein echtes Zeichen für die Milizarmee. Erstaunlich dass nun linke Dienstverweigerer das Dienstreglement zitieren, als ob es ein Gesetz wäre und als ob es keine Bewilligungen zum Tragen der Uniform gäbe. Es wird Zeit für die Wende am 18.10.2015 damit solche Kreise nicht noch die Oberhand gewinnen."
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Urs Max for this useful post:
  #45  
Old 01.09.2015, 17:53
amogles's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10,511
Groaned at 218 Times in 185 Posts
Thanked 21,719 Times in 9,241 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SVP and next major elections

If you've been following Thomas Fuchs' antics over the years, you'll probably know that he loves to clown around and provoke so really this comes as no surprise. He's an enfant terrible even by the standards of the SVP.

In the bigger picture, I think we're seeing a taming off of SVP's style. They're now seeking attention with such gimmicks as their songs and mascots, which I suppose count as an attempt to be funny and don't lack a certain element of self deprecating irony (though I'm not sure how many actually see it).

So comic songs and silly dogs instead of minarets and red rats? If anything, the SVP is losing its provocative and avant garde edge and is trying to be meainstream and normal and cuddly like the other parties.

Will the wager pay off as these antics win them more new voters than they dsigruntle old ones? Or are they maybe doing it intentionally to show those "moderates" within the party who have been wanting this for years that that's not what makes the SVP the SVP.

Don't forget we're talking the party here who can win by winning but also win by losing. If something appears too crazy to be true then there's bound to be an aspect you haven't anticipated.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank amogles for this useful post:
  #46  
Old 01.09.2015, 18:07
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 9,004
Groaned at 379 Times in 328 Posts
Thanked 15,444 Times in 8,398 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SVP and next major elections

@ Amogles


The SVP share of the national vote has been slowly sliding down since 2007 (28.9%).


Consequently they recognise that continuing the old strategy is not improving their situation so they need to change but I believe the SVP are struggling to find a new strategy and direction.
A simple solution would be to bring the BDP folks back in and support Widmer-Schlumpf but they will never ever do that
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01.09.2015, 18:38
amogles's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10,511
Groaned at 218 Times in 185 Posts
Thanked 21,719 Times in 9,241 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SVP and next major elections

Quote:
View Post
@ Amogles


The SVP share of the national vote has been slowly sliding down since 2007 (28.9%).


Consequently they recognise that continuing the old strategy is not improving their situation so they need to change but I believe the SVP are struggling to find a new strategy and direction.
A simple solution would be to bring the BDP folks back in and support Widmer-Schlumpf but they will never ever do that
I don't think there would be much value in bringing back Widmr Schlumpf at this point. Maybe if immediately after the break they had done that and mended bridges it might have helped. But Widmer Schlumpf is increasingly becoming a liability in her own right and the BDP, which never had much direction to begin with, has lost all momentum. I don't think there is space on the right end of the political spectrum for another significant party between CVP, FDP and SVP. The BDP will eventually be subsumed into the related wings of those parties.

The rise of the SVP has similarly destroyed other small right wing parties such as the Autopartei, the SD and the PNOS while also damaging the EDU. The only right wing party that wasn't damaged by the SVP is the Lega (and this only because they are unbeatably strong in their heartlands, which the other parties never were). The only chances the other smaller parties have of coming back, or new parties of taking their place, is a serious crisis within the SVP that would leave these voter groups with the feeling their voice is no longer represented (and those who wish this to happen should be very careful what they wish for, as these parties were for the most part not pleasant nor did they make a positive contribution at the best of times). However, a loss of a couple of percentage points at the polls for the SVP is not such a crisis IMHO.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01.09.2015, 22:59
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 9,004
Groaned at 379 Times in 328 Posts
Thanked 15,444 Times in 8,398 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SVP and next major elections

Quote:
View Post
I don't think there would be much value in bringing back Widmr Schlumpf at this point. Maybe if immediately after the break they had done that and mended bridges it might have helped. But Widmer Schlumpf is increasingly becoming a liability in her own right and the BDP, which never had much direction to begin with, has lost all momentum. I don't think there is space on the right end of the political spectrum for another significant party between CVP, FDP and SVP. The BDP will eventually be subsumed into the related wings of those parties.

The rise of the SVP has similarly destroyed other small right wing parties such as the Autopartei, the SD and the PNOS while also damaging the EDU. The only right wing party that wasn't damaged by the SVP is the Lega (and this only because they are unbeatably strong in their heartlands, which the other parties never were). The only chances the other smaller parties have of coming back, or new parties of taking their place, is a serious crisis within the SVP that would leave these voter groups with the feeling their voice is no longer represented (and those who wish this to happen should be very careful what they wish for, as these parties were for the most part not pleasant nor did they make a positive contribution at the best of times). However, a loss of a couple of percentage points at the polls for the SVP is not such a crisis IMHO.


About "Widmer Schlumpf is increasingly becoming a liability in her own right" Do you have a source for this?


In every recent survey about the Bundesrat which asks who should be voted in next time Widmer Schlumpf scores better than Ueli Maurer, Johann Schneider-Ammann, Doris Leuthard and Simonetta Sommaruga.


If you personally do not rate Widmer Schlumpf that is OK but you presented this negative view of Widmer Schlumpf as a general view.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01.09.2015, 23:25
amogles's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10,511
Groaned at 218 Times in 185 Posts
Thanked 21,719 Times in 9,241 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SVP and next major elections

Quote:
View Post
About "Widmer Schlumpf is increasingly becoming a liability in her own right" Do you have a source for this?


In every recent survey about the Bundesrat which asks who should be voted in next time Widmer Schlumpf scores better than Ueli Maurer, Johann Schneider-Ammann, Doris Leuthard and Simonetta Sommaruga.


If you personally do not rate Widmer Schlumpf that is OK but you presented this negative view of Widmer Schlumpf as a general view.
Maybe my own evidence is only anecdotal, but as to most people I know who think positively about WS, when I ask them what they admire most about her, they say, because she stood up to Blocher. Now that is a perfectly legitimate reason to a admire somebody but it will fade as a legitimate reason the further that confrontation recedes into history, and it would fade much faster if ever the SVP would try and rebuild the bridge towards her and she would agree to their advances. So her entire reputation hinges on her not being SVP and her being some sort of anti-Blocher (which actually she isn't, but its something people project onto her). The suggestion that the SVP should somehow take her back and make up the damage thus just doesn't make sense as far as I can see. It wouldn't benefit WS and out wouldn't benefit the SVP.

Furthermore, even if WS herself may still have relatively high approval ratings, the BDP as a party doesn't and is likely to vanish completely in the medium term, either into insignificance as an independent force or by being taken over/merged by a party such as the CVP who may have certain areas of overlap with the BDP but definitely are not the BDP and don't want to be the BDP. Without a party to back her up, WS doesn't have much of a leg to stand on.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02.09.2015, 08:49
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Ostschweiz
Posts: 7,481
Groaned at 293 Times in 241 Posts
Thanked 9,665 Times in 5,089 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SVP and next major elections

A BDP/CVP merger has been considered already, it was dropped I think earlier this year.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 02.09.2015, 08:53
amogles's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10,511
Groaned at 218 Times in 185 Posts
Thanked 21,719 Times in 9,241 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SVP and next major elections

Quote:
View Post
A BDP/CVP merger has been considered already, it was dropped I think earlier this year.
Yes, I remember that. But these type of discussions tend to come back so I wouldn't say the topic is definitely dead forever.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 02.09.2015, 09:34
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 28,247
Groaned at 1,894 Times in 1,439 Posts
Thanked 33,261 Times in 15,874 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SVP and next major elections

Quote:
View Post
The only right wing party that wasn't damaged by the SVP is the Lega (and this only because they are unbeatably strong in their heartlands, which the other parties never were).
The LEGA is only 25 years old, and the largest party in Ticino.

SVP is up to 4% or so (LEGA 29%), and that's about the most the SVP has ever had here, but they are growing here still.

Tom
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank st2lemans for this useful post:
  #53  
Old 02.09.2015, 11:51
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 19,023
Groaned at 333 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 11,716 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SVP and next major elections

Quote:
View Post
I don't think there would be much value in bringing back Widmr Schlumpf at this point. Maybe if immediately after the break they had done that and mended bridges it might have helped. But Widmer Schlumpf is increasingly becoming a liability in her own right and the BDP, which never had much direction to begin with, has lost all momentum. I don't think there is space on the right end of the political spectrum for another significant party between CVP, FDP and SVP. The BDP will eventually be subsumed into the related wings of those parties.

The rise of the SVP has similarly destroyed other small right wing parties such as the Autopartei, the SD and the PNOS while also damaging the EDU. The only right wing party that wasn't damaged by the SVP is the Lega (and this only because they are unbeatably strong in their heartlands, which the other parties never were). The only chances the other smaller parties have of coming back, or new parties of taking their place, is a serious crisis within the SVP that would leave these voter groups with the feeling their voice is no longer represented (and those who wish this to happen should be very careful what they wish for, as these parties were for the most part not pleasant nor did they make a positive contribution at the best of times). However, a loss of a couple of percentage points at the polls for the SVP is not such a crisis IMHO.

> Mrs Widmer-Schlumpf is still amazingly popular
> The BDP is simply a wing of the SVP
> That there still is space right of the centre is shown by the presence
of FDP, BDP, CVP and SVP
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 21.09.2015, 12:26
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 9,004
Groaned at 379 Times in 328 Posts
Thanked 15,444 Times in 8,398 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SVP and next major elections

Last Tuesday the Kassensturz TV program ran a piece which claimed based on voting records that the SVP is the least consumer friendly Swiss party.
(For UK people Kassensturz is similar to a TV version of "Which" magazine)


Now Gregor Rutz and Natalie Rickli have laid a complaint with the Ombudsman. Not sure if this is a good idea because people have short memories and would have soon forgotten but now this issue will be kept alive.


And if the Ombudsman should conclude Kassensturz were correct?
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 21.09.2015, 15:26
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 19,023
Groaned at 333 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 11,716 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SVP and next major elections

Quote:
View Post
Last Tuesday the Kassensturz TV program ran a piece which claimed based on voting records that the SVP is the least consumer friendly Swiss party.
(For UK people Kassensturz is similar to a TV version of "Which" magazine)


Now Gregor Rutz and Natalie Rickli have laid a complaint with the Ombudsman. Not sure if this is a good idea because people have short memories and would have soon forgotten but now this issue will be kept alive.


And if the Ombudsman should conclude Kassensturz were correct?
The SVP is THE farmers party and so by nature anti consumers as the farmers are against the consumers
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 21.09.2015, 15:56
Treverus's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Luxembourg
Posts: 11,615
Groaned at 290 Times in 247 Posts
Thanked 21,709 Times in 7,911 Posts
Treverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SVP and next major elections

Quote:
View Post
as the farmers are against the consumers
I think that's a bit simplistic as I do not agree that farmers are per se against consumers. They just want to keep their (inefficient) small businesses and be able to live off them. Some might say that they deliver higher quality products than the massive corporations in other countries and they most certainly do a lot to keep the landscape looking the way it does now...

Simply put: the SVP protects the farmers as their voters with...
- taxes on imported agricultural products
- heavy subsidies for farming in Switzerland paid with tax money (and in a 100% clash with the SVPs standard "low tax" policies...)
- everything that's popular with average to lower educated country folks, for example claiming that every Albanian is just about to murder Swiss people with a knife...
Reply With Quote
This user groans at Treverus for this post:
  #57  
Old 21.09.2015, 17:15
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Zurich Unterland
Posts: 3,315
Groaned at 145 Times in 99 Posts
Thanked 4,850 Times in 1,930 Posts
smoky has a reputation beyond reputesmoky has a reputation beyond reputesmoky has a reputation beyond reputesmoky has a reputation beyond reputesmoky has a reputation beyond reputesmoky has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SVP and next major elections

Quote:
View Post
I think that's a bit simplistic as I do not agree that farmers are per se against consumers. They just want to keep their (inefficient) small businesses and be able to live off them. Some might say that they deliver higher quality products than the massive corporations in other countries and they most certainly do a lot to keep the landscape looking the way it does now...

Simply put: the SVP protects the farmers as their voters with...
- taxes on imported agricultural products
- heavy subsidies for farming in Switzerland paid with tax money (and in a 100% clash with the SVPs standard "low tax" policies...)
- everything that's popular with average to lower educated country folks, for example claiming that every Albanian is just about to murder Swiss people with a knife...
Quites right ...... tax monies should be used to support refugees. Not the source of food for the country. Food can be bought from anywhere else, even if it`s of less nutritive value/from dubious sources. After all, pharmaceutical firms also have to live - and depletion of nutrients just may cause more illnesses.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank smoky for this useful post:
  #58  
Old 21.09.2015, 18:28
OSueco's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Aargau
Posts: 1,469
Groaned at 317 Times in 193 Posts
Thanked 1,265 Times in 624 Posts
OSueco has a reputation beyond reputeOSueco has a reputation beyond reputeOSueco has a reputation beyond reputeOSueco has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SVP and next major elections

Quote:
View Post
As I understand they are not opposed to immigration but want Switzerland to be able to control the number of immigrants and only want immigrants to fill positions for which no Swiss are available...
That's why we see SVP-farmers hiring a lot of Swiss crawling around in their fields...;-)


the unemployment rate is around 3% and the demand and qualification required on the Swiss market is not possible to cover with Swiss alone today (i.e. short term)


Long term:


A huge part of the population (i.e. women) are housewives, but are not fully utilized, hence foreign labor is required, but SVP don't want to make it easier for housewives to educate themselves and work because it is consider a private matter...


Also implementing a minimum salary (3000 CHF would be enough to filter out a lot) would keep the Swiss companies from employing dirt cheap foreign workers and therefore Swiss would get many of those jobs...






but well -me then...i.e. SVP is not interested in any solution
__________________
"…mycket vill ha mer det är så vi bygger problem…" - Petter
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users groan at OSueco for this post:
  #59  
Old 21.09.2015, 19:33
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Bern
Posts: 402
Groaned at 99 Times in 61 Posts
Thanked 318 Times in 179 Posts
Sublime is considered unworthySublime is considered unworthySublime is considered unworthySublime is considered unworthy
Re: SVP and next major elections

Quote:
View Post
A huge part of the population (i.e. women) are housewives, but are not fully utilized, hence foreign labor is required,

PLEASE CHECK your free flying claims BEFORE you make yourself ridiculous.

This, your claim could hardly be more wrong:

Among all OECD states, Switzerland has the third highest rate of females in the working force!!!

Q1 2015: 79.6%

Only Iceland and Sweden has a higher rate.

And far above, for example:

Germany: 73.1%
GB: 71.6%
Australia: 70.6%
USA: 66.9%
France: 67.2%
or the OECD average: 62.8%

I do not know where you are from and whether you ever worked in Switzerland, but I assume you hardly know any Swiss woman, not to speak about any woman thoroughly enough.
__________________
Either you are honest or polite, but you can not be both at the same time, since they are exclusive attitudes.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Sublime for this useful post:
  #60  
Old 21.09.2015, 19:50
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: SVP and next major elections

Right-

Quote:
View Post
The SVP is THE farmers party and so by nature anti consumers as the farmers are against the consumers
Quote:
View Post
Simply put: the SVP protects the farmers as their voters with...
....
- everything that's popular with average to lower educated country folks, for example claiming that every Albanian is just about to murder Swiss people with a knife...
Quote:
View Post
A huge part of the population (i.e. women) are housewives, but are not fully utilized, hence foreign labor is required, but SVP don't want to make it easier for housewives to educate themselves and work because it is consider a private matter...

So if this is the think tank for SVP opposition, looks like the SVP has the next election in the bag.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SVP the loser of municipal elections in the Canton of Zürich Wollishofener Swiss politics/news 7 31.03.2014 21:41
2011: SVP influence on Elections in Switzerland MrVertigo Swiss politics/news 15 14.02.2011 22:11
And the next one: SVP against "foreign scum students" Treverus Swiss politics/news 94 05.12.2010 15:54
Major Banks, Insurance and telco corps..... AGA Employment 0 10.11.2006 20:13


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 23:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0