Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Swiss politics/news  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 21.12.2017, 14:47
aSwissInTheUS's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Zurich area
Posts: 12,260
Groaned at 93 Times in 84 Posts
Thanked 18,727 Times in 8,306 Posts
aSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond repute
Too niche to fail - SNB buys Landqart

SNB announced that it bought 90% of the shares of the financially struggling security paper mill which provides the paper for the Swiss bank notes. Orell Füssli which prints the notes buys the other 10%. The shares are sold by the former owner Fortress Paper Ltd for a bargain price of CHF 21.5 million

SNB Chairman Thomas Jordan explains:
Quote:
The SNB’s new ninth-series banknotes are based on a substrate which is developed and
produced by Landqart – the Durasafe® substrate. This substrate subsequently goes to Orell
Füssli for printing and to have the various security features added. Landqart is the only
company to provide the Durasafe® technology and associated production capabilities.

In October, Landqart informed us that a major customer of conventional banknote paper – i.e.
not of the Durasafe® substrate – had unexpectedly cancelled its order at short notice. Losing
this order meant that projected fourth-quarter turnover dropped by 16%. For 2018, this will
even mean as much as 30%. Landqart was thus facing a liquidity crisis which it was not able
manage alone.
Further details:
https://www.snb.ch/en/mmr/reference/...0171221.en.pdf
https://www.snb.ch/en/mmr/speeches/i...0171221.en.pdf
https://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/news/st...story/29322936
__________________
"Okay, I just hope we don't wake up on Mars or something surrounded by millions of little squashy guys."
Reply With Quote
The following 6 users would like to thank aSwissInTheUS for this useful post:
  #2  
Old 21.12.2017, 16:31
Th3Alchemist's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: ZG & GR
Posts: 663
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 905 Times in 336 Posts
Th3Alchemist has a reputation beyond reputeTh3Alchemist has a reputation beyond reputeTh3Alchemist has a reputation beyond reputeTh3Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Too niche to fail - SNB buys Landqart

For a moment I thought I've read that SNB bought Landquart
Reply With Quote
The following 9 users would like to thank Th3Alchemist for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SNB introduces negative interest to weaken the franc MsWorWoo Finance/banking/taxation 91 16.03.2016 21:55
Where to go for a niche language.. Vietnamese conchord Other/general 28 17.08.2010 00:16
Too generic or too stupid [trying to obtain visa for Indian citizen] Jack_P Permits/visas/government 16 28.05.2010 20:40
Renting a too big and too expensive apartment to save hassle globe109 Housing in general 2 22.11.2009 01:01
SNB does not want the franc to appreciate Verbier Finance/banking/taxation 16 25.01.2009 11:43


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0