Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Swiss politics/news  
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #801  
Old 21.01.2020, 08:59
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Laderach (Läderach)... run by anti-gay and anti-abortion religious fundamentalist

Quote:
View Post
Well, the sex ratio imbalance in China is a demographic problem, but I'm not convinced the comparison is valid. The difference is between selective abortion and infanticide, which have moral issues of their own, and a medical procedure that protects the baby from all kinds of things. The stress hormone thing is presented as an unexpected side effect. But anyway, it's fiction, and I'm certainly not sure about the science of it!

That really is the nub of the question. How many people would care?
Indeed - it would be a different, but equally interesting question if no "cure" was available in the womb, but abortion was an option.

I wonder what the stats on people who would choose "de-gay my child" vs "abort my gay child" would be in the two circumstances.
  #802  
Old 21.01.2020, 09:04
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Laderach (Läderach)... run by anti-gay and anti-abortion religious fundamentalist

Quote:
View Post
I did read an interesting SF short story recently. Technology develops a way of preventing anything nasty getting to the baby in the womb, including stress hormones. In the story (don't know about real-life; this could have been the state of theory at the time it was written - 1990s) propensity to homosexuality was determined by the levels of stress hormone received from the mum. Therefore, anyone choosing this technology could vastly lower the chances of having a gay child.

The protagonist is a gay man who thinks homosexuals need no special protection and that gay pride is an anachronism given the rights already won. His partner has the opposite view.

It does raise an interesting question. If there was a cheap womb treatment that almost guaranteed your children would be straight, would that mean effectively the elimination of homosexuals from society. Is society really as liberal as we think
If that's true, wouldn't you see a lot higher incidences of homosexuality in areas and during time periods of severe stress on the population, for example, would that mean that there would be a higher number of gay people born immediately after the war.
The following 2 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #803  
Old 21.01.2020, 09:18
gaburko's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: BL
Posts: 1,028
Groaned at 161 Times in 109 Posts
Thanked 2,717 Times in 999 Posts
gaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laderach (Läderach)... run by anti-gay and anti-abortion religious fundamentalist

Quote:
View Post
propensity to homosexuality was determined by the levels of stress hormone received from the mum.
Interesting and potentially devastating if true. Can you please share a link? This goes completely against (my) moral thinking and would certainly equip the medieval zealots with the "scientific" argument of "see, homosexuality is not normal". Poses a particularly acute conundrum (if true) science vs. morality and acceptance
  #804  
Old 21.01.2020, 09:26
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 10,732
Groaned at 346 Times in 282 Posts
Thanked 15,638 Times in 8,014 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laderach (Läderach)... run by anti-gay and anti-abortion religious fundamentalist

Quote:
View Post

That really is the nub of the question. How many people would care?
That's a very interesting question. Probably as many as those who, given a choice, would care about choosing a particular race over the other? Gender? Intellectual abilities?

I think the motivation wouldn't necessarily be hate towards a particular group, rather making their child's life (allegedly) easier.
  #805  
Old 21.01.2020, 09:35
NotAllThere's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Baselland
Posts: 13,246
Groaned at 216 Times in 191 Posts
Thanked 19,325 Times in 7,864 Posts
NotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laderach (Läderach)... run by anti-gay and anti-abortion religious fundamentalist

Quote:
View Post
Interesting and potentially devastating if true. Can you please share a link? This goes completely against (my) moral thinking and would certainly equip the medieval zealots with the "scientific" argument of "see, homosexuality is not normal". Poses a particularly acute conundrum (if true) science vs. morality and acceptance
Well, being left-handed is not normal, because it's a minority condition. I don't think the word "normal" is helpful in this issue. Wikipedia have an article on the subject which you may wish to peruse. It appears to indicate that it's not certain. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prenat...al_orientation

As I said, the story is fiction. It was written in the 90s. The point of the story is to raise the question - is society really as tolerant as we think it is?

Secondary question, for bonus points: could society rapidly change to become less tolerant?

To the first, I think "no", to the second I fear "yes". This also questions the validity of those who think that liberalism is without question, obviously "right", and there's no point in arguing with those perceived as illiberal, since they're self-evidently wrong. If my fear is correct, then the liberal could find themselves in a minority, surrounded by the illiberal who are equally convinced of their rightness.
__________________
Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!
The following 4 users would like to thank NotAllThere for this useful post:
  #806  
Old 21.01.2020, 09:40
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Laderach (Läderach)... run by anti-gay and anti-abortion religious fundamentalist

Quote:
View Post

Secondary question, for bonus points: could society rapidly change to become less tolerant?

To the first, I think "no", to the second I fear "yes". This also questions the validity of those who think that liberalism is without question, obviously "right", and there's no point in arguing with those perceived as illiberal, since they're self-evidently wrong. If my fear is correct, then the liberal could find themselves in a minority, surrounded by the illiberal who are equally convinced of their rightness.
I think the fundamental mistake people make is trying to politicise "tolerance". The left are guilty of attempting to define it for everyone, the right are guilty of perpetually accusing the left of claiming to own it.

Nobody owns it. Best way to be tolerant is to have a modicum of understanding, self-respect and dignity and just don't be a dick about other people and mind your own business.

Simple as.
The following 5 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #807  
Old 21.01.2020, 09:43
gaburko's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: BL
Posts: 1,028
Groaned at 161 Times in 109 Posts
Thanked 2,717 Times in 999 Posts
gaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laderach (Läderach)... run by anti-gay and anti-abortion religious fundamentalist

Quote:
View Post
Well, being left-handed is not normal, because it's a minority condition. I don't think the word "normal" is helpful in this issue.
I am left handed and had my first couple of school years under communism. the "comrade teacher" used a wooden stick to hit me on the hand whenever I used my left hand in school. This is how I became ambidextrous, right hand in school and left hand at home.

Quote:
View Post
If my fear is correct, then the liberal could find themselves in a minority, surrounded by the illiberal who are equally convinced of their rightness.
Which is already the case. illiberals are of course convinced by their rightness, just look at trumps America. Having said that, liberals don't make it easy for themselves either, just look at this thread. Most liberals are liberal as long as you agree with them and if you don't they turn into hardcore conservatives. It's all a matter of perspective
The following 3 users would like to thank gaburko for this useful post:
  #808  
Old 21.01.2020, 10:02
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 10,732
Groaned at 346 Times in 282 Posts
Thanked 15,638 Times in 8,014 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laderach (Läderach)... run by anti-gay and anti-abortion religious fundamentalist

Quote:
View Post
Which is already the case. illiberals are of course convinced by their rightness, just look at trumps America. Having said that, liberals don't make it easy for themselves either, just look at this thread. Most liberals are liberal as long as you agree with them and if you don't they turn into hardcore conservatives. It's all a matter of perspective
How could these liberals make it easier for themselves?

What's the solution in their case - become a bit more illiberal? Why not the other way around?

Quote:
View Post
Secondary question, for bonus points: could society rapidly change to become less tolerant?

To the first, I think "no", to the second I fear "yes". This also questions the validity of those who think that liberalism is without question, obviously "right", and there's no point in arguing with those perceived as illiberal, since they're self-evidently wrong. If my fear is correct, then the liberal could find themselves in a minority, surrounded by the illiberal who are equally convinced of their rightness.
Depends on what you define as "liberal". It could be simply meaning someone who doesn't agree with me. Same goes for "illiberal".

Quote:
I think the fundamental mistake people make is trying to politicise "tolerance". The left are guilty of attempting to define it for everyone, the right are guilty of perpetually accusing the left of claiming to own it.

Nobody owns it. Best way to be tolerant is to have a modicum of understanding, self-respect and dignity and just don't be a dick about other people and mind your own business.

Simple as.
This.
This user would like to thank greenmount for this useful post:
  #809  
Old 21.01.2020, 10:15
gaburko's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: BL
Posts: 1,028
Groaned at 161 Times in 109 Posts
Thanked 2,717 Times in 999 Posts
gaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laderach (Läderach)... run by anti-gay and anti-abortion religious fundamentalist

Quote:
View Post
How could these liberals make it easier for themselves?

What's the solution in their case - become a bit more illiberal? Why not the other way around?
Liberal implies a "live and let live" approach right? However, most liberals are proselytizing their worldview and since proselytizing can not be liberal by definition they run into a logical fallacy. Again, look at this thread, people are openly advocating boycotting someone for holding a worldview that's contrary to theirs. We tend to be extremely biased species that have a real hard time admitting we might have made a mistake. Social media makes this even worse as we tend to see predominantly stuff that reinforces our worldview and this makes our point of view even more stubborn. just as an example, i have made it a habit now to check foxnews every time i check cnn. just to have the opposing view. It's quite revealing sometimes
The following 3 users would like to thank gaburko for this useful post:
  #810  
Old 21.01.2020, 10:23
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Laderach (Läderach)... run by anti-gay and anti-abortion religious fundamentalist

Quote:
View Post
Liberal implies a "live and let live" approach right? However, most liberals are proselytizing their worldview and since proselytizing can not be liberal by definition they run into a logical fallacy. Again, look at this thread, people are openly advocating boycotting someone for holding a worldview that's contrary to theirs. We tend to be extremely biased species that have a real hard time admitting we might have made a mistake. Social media makes this even worse as we tend to see predominantly stuff that reinforces our worldview and this makes our point of view even more stubborn. just as an example, i have made it a habit now to check foxnews every time i check cnn. just to have the opposing view. It's quite revealing sometimes
Not sure you can apply the "most" to either liberals or right-wingers. I would counter that "most" liberals just get on with life and probably are "live and let live" in the majority of cases. Same with right-wingers - "most" are just getting on with the daily drudge and probably not seething with hatred about minorities, whilst brandishing an assault rifle .

Social media tends to lead to discussions which escalate quickly and run off track, then it's easy for both sides to confirm their bias with labels and stereotypes.

As for the Läderach bloke, by definition it's not a "liberal" view if you speak out against any kind of minority or take a stand against abortion so we shouldn't paint him as some hard done-by victim of a hate campaign. Looking at the bigger picture, I'm not sure why anyone has to make public their views on stuff that doesn't really concern him. Keep your views to yourself - if nothing else, nobody gives a f--k.
The following 3 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #811  
Old 21.01.2020, 10:25
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Laderach (Läderach)... run by anti-gay and anti-abortion religious fundamentalist

Quote:
View Post
Liberal implies a "live and let live" approach right? However, most liberals are proselytizing their worldview and since proselytizing can not be liberal by definition they run into a logical fallacy. Again, look at this thread, people are openly advocating boycotting someone for holding a worldview that's contrary to theirs. We tend to be extremely biased species that have a real hard time admitting we might have made a mistake. Social media makes this even worse as we tend to see predominantly stuff that reinforces our worldview and this makes our point of view even more stubborn. just as an example, i have made it a habit now to check foxnews every time i check cnn. just to have the opposing view. It's quite revealing sometimes
There is no dichotomy or logical fallacy here.

Liberal views call for tolerance, let everyone do what they want (and here's the kicker) AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T HARM OTHER PEOPLE.

The Läderachs are attempting to harm women and gays (by removing choice or equality) so it is only right that liberal people would suggest this isn't a good thing.

A suggestion to boycott is in no way proselytizing - is it a suggestion that likeminded people buy chocolate elsewhere - more a public service announcement than an attempt to tell people where their money should go.
  #812  
Old 21.01.2020, 10:33
gaburko's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: BL
Posts: 1,028
Groaned at 161 Times in 109 Posts
Thanked 2,717 Times in 999 Posts
gaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laderach (Läderach)... run by anti-gay and anti-abortion religious fundamentalist

Quote:
Not sure you can apply the "most" to either liberals or right-wingers.
Fine. Not most. Some. Does it change the fact that proselytizing ones view is the opposite of liberal?

Quote:
As for the Läderach bloke, by definition it's not a "liberal" view if you speak out against any kind of minority or take a stand on abortion so we shouldn't paint him as some hard done-by victim of a hate campaign.
Certainly not and as I already said that my worldview clashes completely with his. But also, because I am a non-proselytizing liberal I couldn't care less about his worldview.

Quote:
Keep your views to yourself - if nothing else, nobody gives a f--k.
So "Keep your views to yourself...nobody gives a f--k" about my view because they are contrary to yours, but somehow you can share yours . Liberalism at its best.
This user would like to thank gaburko for this useful post:
  #813  
Old 21.01.2020, 10:37
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 13,257
Groaned at 1,185 Times in 786 Posts
Thanked 19,130 Times in 7,417 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laderach (Läderach)... run by anti-gay and anti-abortion religious fundamentalist

Quote:
View Post
Liberal implies a "live and let live" approach right? However, most liberals are proselytizing their worldview and since proselytizing can not be liberal by definition they run into a logical fallacy. Again, look at this thread, people are openly advocating boycotting someone for holding a worldview that's contrary to theirs. We tend to be extremely biased species that have a real hard time admitting we might have made a mistake. Social media makes this even worse as we tend to see predominantly stuff that reinforces our worldview and this makes our point of view even more stubborn. just as an example, i have made it a habit now to check foxnews every time i check cnn. just to have the opposing view. It's quite revealing sometimes
Written like a true introvert with limited social skills... "most liberals are proselytizing their worldview and since proselytizing can not be liberal by definition they run into a logical fallacy."... bwahahaha...

I find it amazing that anyone can seriously not understand people's desire to boycott business owners for having views that they consider abhorrent... how is that "intolerant" in the slightest? Should I "tolerate" neo-nazis or other extremist views too that infringe on people's freedoms? Am I "intolerant" for not agreeing with ISIS? Please let me know where that daft logic ends.

We all have a choice to spend our money where we see fit and I choose not to spend my money with backwards, anti-progressive religious fundamentalist groups who live in the dark ages and want to remove the freedom of choice from women and to suppress the rights of homosexuals. There is no irrational "intolerance" on my side towards said religious fundamentalists, there is just an appreciation of respecting people's right to choose and be who they want to be.

All of this nonsense from you and others in this thread waxing lyrical with your awkward logic about anyone who disagrees with religious conservative views as being "intolerant" is just utterly laughable. It is is NATURAL and EXPECTED that anyone who believes in respecting the rights of people as human beings in an increasingly modernist and progressive society will disagree and oppose such things. Such things SHOULD always be opposed.

If a person doesn't agree with women having the right to abort a rape baby (never mind any baby), or the right of a homosexual to simply be themselves without fear of reprisal, then there is genuinely something fundamentally wrong with that person and that extends to anyone in or outside of this thread that holds those beliefs.

Last edited by Chuff; 21.01.2020 at 10:54. Reason: Typo
The following 3 users would like to thank Chuff for this useful post:
  #814  
Old 21.01.2020, 10:40
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 10,732
Groaned at 346 Times in 282 Posts
Thanked 15,638 Times in 8,014 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laderach (Läderach)... run by anti-gay and anti-abortion religious fundamentalist

Quote:
View Post
Liberal implies a "live and let live" approach right? However, most liberals are proselytizing their worldview and since proselytizing can not be liberal by definition they run into a logical fallacy. Again, look at this thread, people are openly advocating boycotting someone for holding a worldview that's contrary to theirs. We tend to be extremely biased species that have a real hard time admitting we might have made a mistake. Social media makes this even worse as we tend to see predominantly stuff that reinforces our worldview and this makes our point of view even more stubborn. just as an example, i have made it a habit now to check foxnews every time i check cnn. just to have the opposing view. It's quite revealing sometimes
Again, it depends on your definition on liberalism and your expectations. I always thought the term is vastly misused anyway.
If we are to make civil rights a thing that should only be addressed by "liberals" or by the left, again, use them as you like it, you'll get what you see here - "liberal" activism if you like it. Proselytising is not the right word here. Strongest term I can think of when referring to people is militants. Chuff is not one.

Last edited by greenmount; 21.01.2020 at 10:51.
  #815  
Old 21.01.2020, 10:46
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Laderach (Läderach)... run by anti-gay and anti-abortion religious fundamentalist

Quote:
View Post
Fine. Not most. Some. Does it change the fact that proselytizing ones view is the opposite of liberal?
Nope but the world's a big place and its people are varied.

To be honest, it depends whether it is actually proselytising or not. Avoiding buying chocolate at a chocolate shop hardly qualifies. Standing outside the shop with a placard or harassing the staff would perhaps qualify.

We have to be careful that we don't over-tire terminology so it loses its meaning down a hole of hysterical finger-pointing.

Quote:
View Post
Certainly not and as I already said that my worldview clashes completely with his. But also, because I am a non-proselytizing liberal I couldn't care less about his worldview.
Good, me too. (not #metoo, though)


Quote:
View Post
So "Keep your views to yourself...nobody gives a f--k" about my view because they are contrary to yours, but somehow you can share yours . Liberalism at its best.
I thought this one would cause a bit of pearl clutching...

What I meant was in the wider context, people who are more or less in the public eye intentionally or unintentionally use their elevated profile to sneak in their worldviews. Literally nobody pays attention to what you or I would say, but look at Läderach, or the luvvies shouting about this-that-and-the-other or, more recently, Laurence Fox making a tit of himself over "woke" people and racism.

Yes, they are entitled to their views but they have to accept that, if you want to inform all and sundry of what you think about political issues, you have to reckon with a stink forming around your business or career with that group of people who disagree with you.
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #816  
Old 21.01.2020, 10:55
gaburko's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: BL
Posts: 1,028
Groaned at 161 Times in 109 Posts
Thanked 2,717 Times in 999 Posts
gaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laderach (Läderach)... run by anti-gay and anti-abortion religious fundamentalist

Quote:
To be honest, it depends whether it is actually proselytising or not. Avoiding buying chocolate at a chocolate shop hardly qualifies. Standing outside the shop with a placard or harassing the staff would perhaps qualify.
Advocating boycotting on a public forum even more so. The wider problem, however, is that boycotting harms disproportionately more the employees. Are they also misogynists as he is? All of a sudden, our "morally superior" behavior has harmed innocent bystanders without impacting the wellbeing of the "target".
The following 2 users would like to thank gaburko for this useful post:
  #817  
Old 21.01.2020, 11:03
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 13,257
Groaned at 1,185 Times in 786 Posts
Thanked 19,130 Times in 7,417 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laderach (Läderach)... run by anti-gay and anti-abortion religious fundamentalist

Quote:
View Post
Advocating boycotting on a public forum even more so. The wider problem, however, is that boycotting harms disproportionately more the employees. Are they also misogynists as he is? All of a sudden, our "morally superior" behavior has harmed innocent bystanders without impacting the wellbeing of the "target".
That is flimsy, kindergarten logic and if that principle were true then boycotting ANY business or institution (that employs people) for ANY reason shouldn't theoretically happen for fear of harming any innocent employees, right? Lets just stand back and tolerate anything and everything for fear of affecting the people who work there? Clearly that's just absolute nonsense and not the way things work in reality.

I read posts like yours and it's clear that some of you are so far from rational and logical human beings that you have little clue which way is up or down. On the plus side, it does make me extremely thankful that I have a rational head on my shoulders.
This user would like to thank Chuff for this useful post:
  #818  
Old 21.01.2020, 11:13
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Laderach (Läderach)... run by anti-gay and anti-abortion religious fundamentalist

Quote:
View Post
Advocating boycotting on a public forum even more so. The wider problem, however, is that boycotting harms disproportionately more the employees. Are they also misogynists as he is? All of a sudden, our "morally superior" behavior has harmed innocent bystanders without impacting the wellbeing of the "target".
Is there really much of that on here? Proper, real proselytising?

Most I've seen is whether that individual poster is choosing to buy or not from the shop but certainly not "I'm not buying therefore you shouldn't buy either." OK, so I've not read every post on here.

One is proselytising and one is just some randomer registering their disapproval.

We shouldn't lose sight of reality here. The main thrust of the objections seems to be from people who just view him as a bit of a dinosaur.
  #819  
Old 21.01.2020, 11:16
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 10,732
Groaned at 346 Times in 282 Posts
Thanked 15,638 Times in 8,014 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laderach (Läderach)... run by anti-gay and anti-abortion religious fundamentalist

Quote:
View Post
just as an example, i have made it a habit now to check foxnews every time i check cnn. just to have the opposing view. It's quite revealing sometimes
I like to do that too - reading opposing views, but usually try to choose something else apart from a certain type of media. As with politics, never thought the extremes are able to solve any issues. Anyways - arguments like "you're a liberal therefore should tolerate any views" reveals a clear misunderstanding of certain terms imo.
This user would like to thank greenmount for this useful post:
  #820  
Old 21.01.2020, 11:21
gaburko's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: BL
Posts: 1,028
Groaned at 161 Times in 109 Posts
Thanked 2,717 Times in 999 Posts
gaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laderach (Läderach)... run by anti-gay and anti-abortion religious fundamentalist

Quote:
Most I've seen is whether that individual poster is choosing to buy or not from the shop but certainly not "I'm not buying therefore you shouldn't buy either."
One is proselytising and one is just some randomer registering their disapproval.
You probably haven't been reading Chuffs posts, for which I absolutely don't blame you

Quote:
View Post
I will personally never again buy Läderach chocolate and I really think more awareness of this family's ideals should be raised. Share with your friends, post it on social media, let them know by hitting their business
The following 3 users would like to thank gaburko for this useful post:
Closed Thread

Tags
chocolate, laderach, lindt, sprungli




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anti female or anti English Toontoon Daily life 129 23.02.2015 10:36
Anti Bark Collar and other anti bark tips... MaybeeSkint Pet corner 24 30.07.2014 15:07
Anti Anti Thread Confloozed Complaints corner 54 01.02.2012 12:22
[Internet] FREE Anti Virus by Microsoft sagarbm21 General off-topic 21 01.10.2009 15:42
Managed anti-spam and anti-virus service for individual domain-owners spamchek Commercial 0 13.05.2005 11:22


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0