Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Swiss politics/news  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 29.10.2019, 08:06
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,975
Groaned at 2,037 Times in 1,121 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Manor flagship store ZH

Quote:
View Post
According to swisslife they had building permits approved for years for a 100 million renovation, I suppose the unfair thing is expecting manor to pay for all of it in 10 years. But I guess it would also be unfair of swisslife to subsidize a supermarket chain when they could make more.

They said shops in the first two floors and then offices.
3 floors for shopping.

Small shops in basement, ground floor and the first floor. Rest is buro

But Manor does not return.

https://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/zuerich...story/26338209
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02.11.2019, 19:18
Trickyt57's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Geneva
Posts: 53
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 61 Times in 20 Posts
Trickyt57 has earned the respect of manyTrickyt57 has earned the respect of manyTrickyt57 has earned the respect of many
Re: Manor flagship store ZH

Quote:
View Post
Manor flagship store in Zurich to close
Much as I love Manor as a place to shop, and despite sadness at its closing, I am very under-impressed by their offer this week of 10% off electrical goods if you use your Manor Card. While attempting to buy an iPad I discovered that Manor’s price is 15% higher than in the Apple Store for an identical model. Even allowing for the special Manor discount of 10% its still more expensive than going directly to the Apple Store.

In the picture below you can see the comparison of price for the most expensive iPad in the Apple Store, and the same model in Manor.

Manor is CHF 257 more expensive.


https://ibb.co/cYhdwKH

Sorry, my first attempt at uploading the picture didn’t work.


https://screenshot.net/lkjn7i3

Last edited by Trickyt57; 02.11.2019 at 19:33.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03.11.2019, 07:49
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,975
Groaned at 2,037 Times in 1,121 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Manor flagship store ZH

Quote:
View Post
Much as I love Manor as a place to shop, and despite sadness at its closing, I am very under-impressed by their offer this week of 10% off electrical goods if you use your Manor Card. While attempting to buy an iPad I discovered that Manorís price is 15% higher than in the Apple Store for an identical model. Even allowing for the special Manor discount of 10% its still more expensive than going directly to the Apple Store.

In the picture below you can see the comparison of price for the most expensive iPad in the Apple Store, and the same model in Manor.

Manor is CHF 257 more expensive.


https://ibb.co/cYhdwKH

Sorry, my first attempt at uploading the picture didnít work.


https://screenshot.net/lkjn7i3
And then Manor has the nerve to say 10% discount with a Manor card. Happy they close. And the restaurant stinks from food scraps etc
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03.11.2019, 16:37
venetian's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Zuerich
Posts: 451
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 502 Times in 242 Posts
venetian has a reputation beyond reputevenetian has a reputation beyond reputevenetian has a reputation beyond reputevenetian has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Manor flagship store ZH

Quote:
View Post
I discovered that Manorís price is 15% higher than in the Apple Store for an identical model.
Which is strange, in addition of being silly.

Apple prices are usually fixed by Apple, no matter which store you actually buy them. Same applies to other "premium" brands as Bose.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03.11.2019, 17:03
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,975
Groaned at 2,037 Times in 1,121 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Manor flagship store ZH

Quote:
View Post
Which is strange, in addition of being silly.

Apple prices are usually fixed by Apple, no matter which store you actually buy them. Same applies to other "premium" brands as Bose.
Its to force people to get this manor card with 10 % reduction. So dumb Manor is. Then the price is reduced by 221CHF. This offer is already finished ( today ) and I am sure that on Monday the price will be the normal price probably around 1998 CHF. ( unless they extend the 10% reduction )


https://www.manor.ch/de/u/manorkarte
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04.11.2019, 07:23
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,975
Groaned at 2,037 Times in 1,121 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Manor flagship store ZH

Quote:
View Post
Its to force people to get this manor card with 10 % reduction. So dumb Manor is. Then the price is reduced by 221CHF. This offer is already finished ( today ) and I am sure that on Monday the price will be the normal price probably around 1998 CHF. ( unless they extend the 10% reduction )


https://www.manor.ch/de/u/manorkarte

Well still the same price but no 10% discount. Crazy!!!!! It seems its just the 1TB version that is greatly overpriced. Most of their other Apple offers seem to be more or less the same as the Apple store price!

https://www.manor.ch/de/p/p2-2703610...tm_content=002

Last edited by omtatsat; 04.11.2019 at 07:53.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04.11.2019, 10:39
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Manor flagship store ZH

Quote:
View Post
Which is strange, in addition of being silly.

Apple prices are usually fixed by Apple, no matter which store you actually buy them. Same applies to other "premium" brands as Bose.
Apple prices are not fixed, this is why mediamarkt and Interdiscount are almost always cheaper than the Apple stores, the Space Grey version costs 1855,- at Mediamarkt.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #28  
Old 05.11.2019, 19:41
Trickyt57's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Geneva
Posts: 53
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 61 Times in 20 Posts
Trickyt57 has earned the respect of manyTrickyt57 has earned the respect of manyTrickyt57 has earned the respect of many
Re: Manor flagship store ZH

Quote:
Apple prices are not fixed, this is why mediamarkt and Interdiscount are almost always cheaper than the Apple stores, the Space Grey version costs 1855,- at Mediamarkt.
And in Manor the same iPad is currently advertised at 2219,- making the value of any discount or offer somewhat doubtful. https://screenshot.net/jv8jphn

The price of the same iPad Pro 12.9Ē 1Tb WiFi & Cellular in the Apple Store is 1961,-

As a FNAC member you can buy it in FNAC with a 5% discount on the Apple Store price, making the cost there 1863,- .

Conclusion: Manorís prices may not be the best, even on Black Friday or the Manor Card discount days.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05.11.2019, 19:51
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 12,630
Groaned at 206 Times in 171 Posts
Thanked 14,446 Times in 7,466 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Manor flagship store ZH

Quote:
View Post
Its to force people to get this manor card with 10 % reduction. So dumb Manor is. Then the price is reduced by 221CHF. This offer is already finished ( today ) and I am sure that on Monday the price will be the normal price probably around 1998 CHF. ( unless they extend the 10% reduction )


https://www.manor.ch/de/u/manorkarte
The things people feel forced to do, LOL.

What happened to wanting something, researching the price, buy it where it's cheapest? Ahhh, I see, the outrage is half the fun.

Even my grandmother used to compare prices between Migros, Volg and God knows whom and bought where it it was cheapest. And she had to walk from store to store for that - and back to the cheapest one
Not to mention that she had to learn that during the war and about food

It went so deep, she never stopped doing it after though either.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06.11.2019, 09:40
venetian's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Zuerich
Posts: 451
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 502 Times in 242 Posts
venetian has a reputation beyond reputevenetian has a reputation beyond reputevenetian has a reputation beyond reputevenetian has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Manor flagship store ZH

Quote:
Apple prices are not fixed, this is why mediamarkt and Interdiscount are almost always cheaper than the Apple stores, the Space Grey version costs 1855,- at Mediamarkt.
They must have negotiated some deal, or Apple relaxed its policies... During the University period I worked in a store (in Italy) and we were forbid to apply discounts on Apple products, e.g. when a computer had been more than a few months on the shelf...
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 06.11.2019, 09:50
amogles's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 11,618
Groaned at 284 Times in 232 Posts
Thanked 24,766 Times in 10,466 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Manor flagship store ZH

Quote:
View Post
They must have negotiated some deal, or Apple relaxed its policies... During the University period I worked in a store (in Italy) and we were forbid to apply discounts on Apple products, e.g. when a computer had been more than a few months on the shelf...
I don't know if this is still done today but in my student days resellers would worm their way around that by selling the computer as part of a bundle. So you might get some accessories or extra software thrown in and that way nobody could say for sure whether it was the computer that was discounted or the other stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06.11.2019, 09:59
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Manor flagship store ZH

Price variations between different retailers is hardly unusual, so I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. Manor has lower prices for some items, more expensive for others.

Nothing new or odd about that, certainly not unique to Manor, the same is true across the retail industry. The fact that Apple (used to?) fix their pricing is the exception, not the norm.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06.11.2019, 11:56
olygirl's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: d' Innerschwiiz
Posts: 7,066
Groaned at 352 Times in 235 Posts
Thanked 16,638 Times in 5,096 Posts
olygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Manor flagship store ZH

Manor will always hold a special place in my heart.

I was once side swiped by a tram and hit the ground hard. Except for some abrasions on my arm, I was unscathed and continued my walk. After a few minutes, I began feeling odd and entered the Manor store to sit on one of the stools at the cosmetic section. A beautiful woman (aren't they all there?) asked if I was alright. I told her my story and mentioned I just needed a rest.

Then things went black.

I woke up on the floor with the perfectly made-up woman cradling my head and a young man raising my legs. Another person was about to take my blood pressure. They got me in a wheelchair and wheeled me across the street into the clinic.

Of course I was perfectly healthy except for a strong bout of shock and I could leave the clinic after an hour.

On my way home, still a bit woozy from the ordeal, I unwittingly sat in the first class section in an empty SOB carriage. Damn if a conductor didn't come and gave me a fine, even after explaining my situation and showing him my bandages.

Manor is fantastic but the SOB is a real SOB.
__________________
Faith isn't about everything turning out okay. Faith is about being okay no matter how things turn out.

Last edited by olygirl; 06.11.2019 at 11:59. Reason: tweaking
Reply With Quote
The following 6 users would like to thank olygirl for this useful post:
  #34  
Old 06.11.2019, 12:03
swissotter's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ZH
Posts: 2,286
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,384 Posts
swissotter has a reputation beyond reputeswissotter has a reputation beyond reputeswissotter has a reputation beyond reputeswissotter has a reputation beyond reputeswissotter has a reputation beyond reputeswissotter has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Manor flagship store ZH

Quote:
View Post
Manor will always hold a special place in my heart.

I was once side swiped by a tram and hit the ground hard. Except for some abrasions on my arm, I was unscathed and continued my walk. After a few minutes, I began feeling odd and entered the Manor store to sit on one of the stools at the cosmetic section. A beautiful woman (aren't they all there?) asked if I was alright. I told her my story and mentioned I just needed a rest.

Then things went black.

I woke up on the floor with the perfectly made-up woman cradling my head and a young man raising my legs. Another person was about to take my blood pressure. They got me in a wheelchair and wheeled me across the street into the clinic.

Of course I was perfectly healthy except for a strong bout of shock and I could leave the clinic after an hour.

On my way home, still a bit woozy from the ordeal, I unwittingly sat in the first class section in an empty SOB carriage. Damn if a conductor didn't come and gave me a fine, even after explaining my situation and showing him my bandages.

Manor is fantastic but the SOB is a real SOB.

wow, good thing you didn't pass out again or suffer after effects. I would have called someone to come get me if a tram hit me...
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank swissotter for this useful post:
  #35  
Old 06.11.2019, 12:09
amogles's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 11,618
Groaned at 284 Times in 232 Posts
Thanked 24,766 Times in 10,466 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Manor flagship store ZH

Quote:
View Post
wow, good thing you didn't pass out again or suffer after effects. I would have called someone to come get me if a tram hit me...
Actually as per the rule book, tram drivers are required to report if they hit somebody, even if no apparent harm or injuries are caused. So this tram driver was acting negligently when he let you walk.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06.11.2019, 12:14
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 10,732
Groaned at 346 Times in 282 Posts
Thanked 15,638 Times in 8,014 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Manor flagship store ZH

Quote:
View Post

On my way home, still a bit woozy from the ordeal, I unwittingly sat in the first class section in an empty SOB carriage. Damn if a conductor didn't come and gave me a fine, even after explaining my situation and showing him my bandages.

Manor is fantastic but the SOB is a real SOB.
Jerks. The world is full of them. They take great pleasure in being more Catholic than the Pope, exactly when they are supposed to show a bit of empathy.

My friend's mom was fined because she bought a train ticket for the longer route, which was not the one that train took. The "wrong" ticket was more expensive btw, but the inspector chose to fine her as if she had no ticket at all. She could barely speak any English or German... It took 3 calls from higher to higher position in SBB to clear things up.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06.11.2019, 12:27
olygirl's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: d' Innerschwiiz
Posts: 7,066
Groaned at 352 Times in 235 Posts
Thanked 16,638 Times in 5,096 Posts
olygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Manor flagship store ZH

Quote:
View Post
Actually as per the rule book, tram drivers are required to report if they hit somebody, even if no apparent harm or injuries are caused. So this tram driver was acting negligently when he let you walk.
He never saw it. It was one of the last carriages that swerves out more than the rest while taking a curve. The accident happened while the tram was coming out of Usteristrasse onto the Bahnhofstrasse, heading towards the train station. I thought I was standing far enough away from the tram, and I was.... until that last carriage came.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank olygirl for this useful post:
  #38  
Old 06.11.2019, 12:29
olygirl's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: d' Innerschwiiz
Posts: 7,066
Groaned at 352 Times in 235 Posts
Thanked 16,638 Times in 5,096 Posts
olygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Manor flagship store ZH

Quote:
View Post
Jerks. The world is full of them. They take great pleasure in being more Catholic than the Pope, exactly when they are supposed to show a bit of empathy.

My friend's mom was fined because she bought a train ticket for the longer route, which was not the one that train took. The "wrong" ticket was more expensive btw, but the inspector chose to fine her as if she had no ticket at all. She could barely speak any English or German... It took 3 calls from higher to higher position in SBB to clear things up.
I speak decent Swiss German and reported the incident to the SOB office. They took his side, of course, and so I had no choice but to pay up. It kind of adds to the experiencethough so what the hell.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank olygirl for this useful post:
  #39  
Old 03.01.2020, 15:48
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,975
Groaned at 2,037 Times in 1,121 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Manor flagship store ZH

Last weeks. Join the insanity of the buying spree there. It's craaaaazzzzzyyyyy!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 20.01.2020, 17:29
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,975
Groaned at 2,037 Times in 1,121 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Manor flagship store ZH

Its looking like a sex orgy now in Manor!

Name:  284075.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  58.8 KB
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank omtatsat for this useful post:
Reply

Tags
manor




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
looking for a hardware store and garden store in neuchatel Aricci Daily life 2 09.12.2018 13:19
Aldi store with non food items? (ZH) Blank Canvas Other/general 3 09.06.2014 19:21
The cheapest way to store a car without numberplates, ZH? GeyzeR Transportation/driving 0 04.06.2013 10:25
Pottery painting store in ZH?? swissmiss24 Travel/day trips/free time 4 16.10.2011 14:23
Pool store in Kt. Zh / TG nomad66 Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness 6 31.10.2010 13:42


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0