Having been to http://www.lottner.ch
today, I thought I would share my experience.
To say that it is a recycle centre, may be a bit misleading, as based on my experience, you can pretty much take anything you want there.
The process is as follows:
- Enter the premises at Schlachthofstrasse 18 just by the St Louis border.
- Stop at the small office as you enter to collect a "form".
- Follow the arrows and drive around to the rear of the premises, where you will immediately see piles of rubbish/recycle-materials.
- There will be a member of staff, who will approach you and take from you the form you collected earlier.
- The staff member will then assess what you have in your vehicle/trailer and advise on which piles you can dispose your stuff on.
- He will then write an amount on the form and hand the form back to you.
- You can now happily empty your vehicle of your stuff/s**t
- Once finished, return to your vehicle and return to the front office.
- Hand over the form to the office person and then settle the bill ... please note CASH ONLY!
And that's it.
I had a full estate-car/station-wagon load today, consisting of broken old wooden benches, an old wooden ladder, an old pair of step ladders, some off cuts of insulating material, a bucket full of scrap metal, a broken electric lawn mower and a broken childs ride-on toy and it cost me CHF20 ... not bad value.
One point to note. The opening hours on the website are not correct. As I was in a hurry, I did not write down the exact time, but on a Saturday, they stay open longer than 12:00