Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Transportation/driving  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27.01.2011, 18:40
keymoo's Avatar
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bedfordshire, UK
Posts: 83
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 49 Times in 20 Posts
keymoo has made some interesting contributions
Verkehrssteuer rechnung

Hi there,

I am leaving the country permanently on 24th Feb 2011. My car is for sale and I have just received a bill for CHF 437.50 for a full year car tax in Kanton Schwyz from 01.01.2011. What should I do? Can I just pay for two months? Who should I ask?
Reply With Quote
Old 27.01.2011, 18:53
rpf's Avatar
rpf rpf is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hüntwangen/ZH
Posts: 370
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 113 Times in 86 Posts
rpf is considered knowledgeablerpf is considered knowledgeablerpf is considered knowledgeable
Re: Verkehrssteuer rechnung

Ask your Strassenverkehrsamt Kanton Schwyz. Most probably you'll have to pay the full year. Anyone can claim to leave the country then or then. Your refund (tax and insurance) is due as soon as you hand back the license plates.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank rpf for this useful post:

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HELP!! Got a Definitive Rechnung 2006 Gummybear Finance/banking/taxation 24 28.03.2008 19:13
Honarar Rechnung justdoit Finance/banking/taxation 1 28.03.2008 00:11
Tax - Definitive Rechnung 2006 Info Finance/banking/taxation 6 08.03.2008 17:15

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:53.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0