Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Transportation/driving  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06.08.2011, 13:27
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: zurich
Posts: 22
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
smithj has no particular reputation at present
Driving a UK car to Zurich, registered in someone elses name

A friend has given me a car, and I have insurance cover.
The car is still registered in the friends name.
Can I simply drive the car into Switzerland and show my B Permit and insurance Document?
Or will the little chocolate swiss scouts give me grief?
Suggested routes, stop off points etc welcomed. Also, any recommended car sharing websites welcomed to help save the fuel costs.
Reply With Quote

car, import

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Driving someone's else car in CH and DE sweety Transportation/driving 18 03.02.2013 23:45
Friend received a car parking ticket whilst driving my car, leaving to the UK soon? TestingTheWater Transportation/driving 6 19.07.2011 18:44
bank accepting someone elses signature PennyMama Finance/banking/taxation 5 11.08.2010 22:33
Driving a UK registered car - allowed for one year or two? adrianlondon Transportation/driving 5 17.12.2009 20:02

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:26.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0