Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Transportation/driving  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 18.08.2011, 15:06
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Registering a Motorcycle

hi Guys,

I am going to register my bike tomorrow and I was wondering what the costs would be? I could not find anythin in the Strassenverkehr webpage from Baselland, ok my not so great knowledge of German doesn't help.
Any ideas?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 18.08.2011, 15:11
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 21,376
Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Registering a Motorcycle

Quote:
View Post
hi Guys,

I am going to register my bike tomorrow and I was wondering what the costs would be? I could not find anythin in the Strassenverkehr webpage from Baselland, ok my not so great knowledge of German doesn't help.
Any ideas?

Thanks
Depends on Engine size, I pay 100 for a 650 in ZH.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 18.08.2011, 16:11
Marco_T's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Zürich
Posts: 82
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 49 Times in 29 Posts
Marco_T has earned some respectMarco_T has earned some respect
Re: Registering a Motorcycle

Hi,
not sure what cost you are after? Road tax or insurance or registering the bike including number plates?

I brought my UK registered bike over and had to get a Certificate of Conformity from the Aprilia importer here in CH. Cost was 65 chf. Strassenverkehrsamt then charged another 250 chf for checks, registration and number plate. Road Tax I think is 30 chf.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 18.08.2011, 16:26
Corbets's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: DK - previously Zug
Posts: 3,321
Groaned at 168 Times in 122 Posts
Thanked 6,707 Times in 2,237 Posts
Corbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Registering a Motorcycle

I just transferred my 800cc to Zug from Zürich. There was a driver's license fee (presumably you can skip that) of 50 Stutz, a 50 franc fee for the plates, and something like 30 for the road tax.

By the way - if you get a highway vignette, it doesn't need to be visible on a motorcycle. The dealer planted mine underneath the seat, which is much better than on the fly screen!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Corbets for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 18.08.2011, 19:48
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Registering a Motorcycle

Quote:
View Post
Hi,
not sure what cost you are after? Road tax or insurance or registering the bike including number plates?

I brought my UK registered bike over and had to get a Certificate of Conformity from the Aprilia importer here in CH. Cost was 65 chf. Strassenverkehrsamt then charged another 250 chf for checks, registration and number plate. Road Tax I think is 30 chf.
Thanks I meant registering the bike. SO since my bike has already been registered in CH I need registration and number plate, mine is a 150 cc.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 18.08.2011, 19:49
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Registering a Motorcycle

Quote:
View Post
I just transferred my 800cc to Zug from Zürich. There was a driver's license fee (presumably you can skip that) of 50 Stutz, a 50 franc fee for the plates, and something like 30 for the road tax.

By the way - if you get a highway vignette, it doesn't need to be visible on a motorcycle. The dealer planted mine underneath the seat, which is much better than on the fly screen!
Nah mine is just a scooter, but thanks wait a sec i do not need a highway vignette right?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 18.08.2011, 20:08
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 21,376
Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Registering a Motorcycle

Quote:
View Post
Nah mine is just a scooter, but thanks wait a sec i do not need a highway vignette right?
There will be 3 costs, the paperwork 40? , the Numberplate 20? and annuel tax. If you go on a motorway or 'green' signed road, you should have one.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post:
  #8  
Old 23.08.2011, 10:04
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Registering a Motorcycle

Ok Guys went to the motorfahrzeugkontrolle office in Fullinsdorf today and the total cost of registering the bike was 125 CHF. The costs were divided as follows:

Fahrzeugausweis (registration) 60 CHF
Kontrollschild (plates) 20 CHF
Strassenverkehrssteuern (taxes) 45 CHF

Just thought I'd let everyone know, the whole thing took 5 minutes and I got the plates instantly it was really a good experience...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04.08.2021, 10:21
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Zürich
Posts: 5
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Racletteboy has no particular reputation at present
Re: Registering a Motorcycle

Quote:
View Post
Ok Guys went to the motorfahrzeugkontrolle office in Fullinsdorf today and the total cost of registering the bike was 125 CHF. The costs were divided as follows:

Fahrzeugausweis (registration) 60 CHF
Kontrollschild (plates) 20 CHF
Strassenverkehrssteuern (taxes) 45 CHF

Just thought I'd let everyone know, the whole thing took 5 minutes and I got the plates instantly it was really a good experience...
Hallo can you please explain in more detail? I'm going to buy a used bike. How is the process? Do I give money and take the bike to registration or do I need do the registration first. Can I drive without number plate to the registration? Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04.08.2021, 10:48
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Luzern
Posts: 582
Groaned at 34 Times in 24 Posts
Thanked 744 Times in 361 Posts
nejc has a reputation beyond reputenejc has a reputation beyond reputenejc has a reputation beyond reputenejc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Registering a Motorcycle

Quote:
View Post
Hallo can you please explain in more detail? I'm going to buy a used bike. How is the process? Do I give money and take the bike to registration or do I need do the registration first. Can I drive without number plate to the registration? Thank you
1. if you search the forum a little bit (use google powered search) you will find all the info
2. no, you cannot drive a motorcycle without the plate:
- you don't have to, because you don't need to take the bike to the StVA to get them. There is no control of the bike when you are applying for the plates. The control comes later.

- or, if you really wish, you buy temporary plates
3. Usual procedure: you get the "grey card" from the owner, you pay the insurance with that data, you do the paper work and pay the expenses at StVA and get the plates. You put the plates on the bike and you start driving.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Registering a trademark Zanzibar Business & entrepreneur 7 25.09.2012 13:58
de-registering graciella Leaving Switzerland 3 25.04.2011 18:13
Registering car jmf Transportation/driving 2 03.10.2010 20:30
Registering after arrival LiquidPaper Permits/visas/government 2 04.12.2009 17:13
buying/registering motorbike svetliy Transportation/driving 2 21.08.2009 13:28


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0