Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Transportation/driving  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 15.11.2011, 17:01
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 124
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 25 Times in 16 Posts
icgrp has no particular reputation at present
Overnight parking in Zurich.

What's the best option for 1-2 night parking in Zurich? Don't have a resident blue zone card.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 15.11.2011, 17:03
Sbrinz's Avatar
RIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Murten - Morat
Posts: 11,866
Groaned at 563 Times in 354 Posts
Thanked 11,548 Times in 5,941 Posts
Sbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Overnight parking in Zurich.

The nights are free, it is the daytime which is difficult.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Sbrinz for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 15.11.2011, 17:31
fatih.erol's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 393
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 193 Times in 106 Posts
fatih.erol has made some interesting contributions
Re: Overnight parking in Zurich.

you don't need a 'resident' blue zone card necessarily. you can get a blue zone parking clock from a petrol station for around 5 francs (and possibly even free from some places like tourist info), and then can park on a blue zone from 18:00 till 09:00 in the morning from Monday-Saturday, and freely from Saturday 18:00 to Monday 09:00.

Actually, most of the white parking zones will also provide similar free times, and some can be affordable during day time, too: http://www.plszh.ch/parkhaus/eisfeld.jsp?pid=eisfeld
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank fatih.erol for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 15.11.2011, 18:55
dodgyken's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Democratic Republic Kenistan
Posts: 10,653
Groaned at 280 Times in 231 Posts
Thanked 19,403 Times in 7,402 Posts
dodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Overnight parking in Zurich.

As I have mentioned a number of times before - you'll find that a number of the communities that border Zurich don't have packing restrictions.

You can therefore park in white-zone parking for free for as long as you want.

You can then jump on a bus/tram/train back into Zurich.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 25.11.2011, 21:53
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 124
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 25 Times in 16 Posts
icgrp has no particular reputation at present
Re: Overnight parking in Zurich.

Quote:
View Post
As I have mentioned a number of times before - you'll find that a number of the communities that border Zurich don't have packing restrictions.

You can therefore park in white-zone parking for free for as long as you want.

You can then jump on a bus/tram/train back into Zurich.
Any examples of those closer to 8008 part of Zurich?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 25.11.2011, 23:56
vvvnaga's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Adliswil Zurich
Posts: 109
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 24 Times in 19 Posts
vvvnaga has made some interesting contributions
Re: Overnight parking in Zurich.

Quote:
View Post
you don't need a 'resident' blue zone card necessarily. you can get a blue zone parking clock from a petrol station for around 5 francs (and possibly even free from some places like tourist info), and then can park on a blue zone from 18:00 till 09:00 in the morning from Monday-Saturday, and freely from Saturday 18:00 to Monday 09:00.

Actually, most of the white parking zones will also provide similar free times, and some can be affordable during day time, too: http://www.plszh.ch/parkhaus/eisfeld.jsp?pid=eisfeld
R u Serious about this ??

Then what is the point in residence paying 40 CHF per month for blue zone ( 10 for day & 30 for night ) ... ?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12.12.2011, 18:52
fatih.erol's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 393
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 193 Times in 106 Posts
fatih.erol has made some interesting contributions
Re: Overnight parking in Zurich.

Quote:
View Post
R u Serious about this ??

Then what is the point in residence paying 40 CHF per month for blue zone ( 10 for day & 30 for night ) ... ?

well, with the 'resident' card, you can park indefinitely day and night without worrying about time. as far as i know, the resident card lets you use the space freely as long as you want, if you managed to find an empty spot.

but without it, you can park during night until morning, and then during daytime you have to circulate in traffic before re-entering the park place for another 1-hour (well, maybe 1,5 hours) blue-zone usage.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Places in Zurich open overnight aliona_kuz Daily life 0 05.09.2011 12:59
Overnight parking near Morges Gare-CFF? richardm Transportation/driving 0 02.10.2009 13:20
Overnight parking in Lausanne. Canadian_dude Other/general 11 12.06.2009 10:03
[Zurich] Overnight parking near Langstrasse/Helvetiaplatz? Nanda Transportation/driving 1 20.03.2009 13:20
Overnight parking spots in Lausanne SamC Transportation/driving 3 07.01.2008 16:45


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0