Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Transportation/driving  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 06.02.2012, 14:00
annafelix's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 142
Groaned at 10 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 54 Times in 37 Posts
annafelix has no particular reputation at present
Re: Range Rover Evoque

Of course , it is not a secret. I have to double check but I think it is called neutral zurich. I have her office and mobile number if you want. Her name is Rosario Siragusa. I am not sure if I am allowed to post her details.Hope I don't upset anyone.

Over the phone she said they cover both UK and Switzerland.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank annafelix for this useful post:
  #22  
Old 06.02.2012, 14:08
saint7uk's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Samstagern
Posts: 989
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 586 Times in 358 Posts
saint7uk has a reputation beyond reputesaint7uk has a reputation beyond reputesaint7uk has a reputation beyond reputesaint7uk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Range Rover Evoque

Quote:
View Post
I have to double check but I think it is called neutral zurich.
Over the phone they said they cover both UK and Switzerland.
I would be very careful!!! It is not an easy thing to do and not legal on any standard policy. We have dealt with two clients on here recently who had experience with a company that were offering cover on British cars and under investigation the policies would not hold up and in-fact the cover even had our name on it as the underwriters!

Not about upsetting anyone, I just want to be sure that people know what to look out for. I also won't post the users that have encountered the problem nor name and shame the company that is at fault. In the other company's case I'm not sure they are being wilfully dishonest but perhaps are not up to date on the new legalisations and don't understand the legalities fully; if it turns out to be the same lot 'tho then they need talking to as the advise and cover they are offering might be incorrect.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank saint7uk for this useful post:
  #23  
Old 06.02.2012, 14:43
polly's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: zurich
Posts: 123
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 81 Times in 30 Posts
polly has an excellent reputationpolly has an excellent reputationpolly has an excellent reputationpolly has an excellent reputation
Re: Range Rover Evoque

Quote:
View Post
In Switzerland I've only spoken to this one outside Basel because I thought trying to speak with another dealer from the same company won't bring me a better offer because he has registered me in his system and probably all the other guys will see he has given me an official quotation. Isn't so?
No, that's not the case, but I'll PM you ...
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank polly for this useful post:
  #24  
Old 06.02.2012, 14:58
annafelix's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 142
Groaned at 10 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 54 Times in 37 Posts
annafelix has no particular reputation at present
Re: Range Rover Evoque

Quote:
View Post
No, that's not the case, but I'll PM you ...
Thanks Polly. You have a PM from me.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06.02.2012, 15:00
ecb's Avatar
ecb ecb is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: out n about - it's summer!
Posts: 2,199
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 3,566 Times in 1,322 Posts
ecb has a reputation beyond reputeecb has a reputation beyond reputeecb has a reputation beyond reputeecb has a reputation beyond reputeecb has a reputation beyond reputeecb has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Range Rover Evoque

Our experience with Volvo garages in the same "chain" ... a difference of over 10,000 Chf quoted price on a new XC90.

Certainly an email to garages that you are willing to travel to specifying the exact model and asking for best price would be worth while.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank ecb for this useful post:
  #26  
Old 06.02.2012, 15:02
annafelix's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 142
Groaned at 10 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 54 Times in 37 Posts
annafelix has no particular reputation at present
Re: Range Rover Evoque

Quote:
View Post
I would be very careful!!! It is not an easy thing to do and not legal on any standard policy. We have dealt with two clients on here recently who had experience with a company that were offering cover on British cars and under investigation the policies would not hold up and in-fact the cover even had our name on it as the underwriters!

Not about upsetting anyone, I just want to be sure that people know what to look out for. I also won't post the users that have encountered the problem nor name and shame the company that is at fault. In the other company's case I'm not sure they are being wilfully dishonest but perhaps are not up to date on the new legalisations and don't understand the legalities fully; if it turns out to be the same lot 'tho then they need talking to as the advise and cover they are offering might be incorrect.
Thanks a lot. That's the reason why I posted this thread. I don't want bad surprises. I'll come up with that insurance link soon. Please feel free to tell me whatever you think/heard/ experienced.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06.02.2012, 15:05
annafelix's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 142
Groaned at 10 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 54 Times in 37 Posts
annafelix has no particular reputation at present
Re: Range Rover Evoque

Quote:
View Post
Our experience with Volvo garages in the same "chain" ... a difference of over 10,000 Chf quoted price on a new XC90.

Certainly an email to garages that you are willing to travel to specifying the exact model and asking for best price would be worth while.
Thanks for the advice. I'll try that too if it had worked with you. I thought it's better to pay them a visit rather than emailing.

P.S.: I like your user name;-)
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06.02.2012, 15:08
ecb's Avatar
ecb ecb is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: out n about - it's summer!
Posts: 2,199
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 3,566 Times in 1,322 Posts
ecb has a reputation beyond reputeecb has a reputation beyond reputeecb has a reputation beyond reputeecb has a reputation beyond reputeecb has a reputation beyond reputeecb has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Range Rover Evoque

Quote:
View Post
Thanks for the advice. I'll try that too if it had worked with you. I thought it's better to pay them a visit rather than emailing.

P.S.: I like your user name;-)

Well yes me too, but we were ordering it when still in the UK. My husband is a buyer by profession so he came up with the bright idea of specifying exactly what we were after, asking for the best price, and saying we had contacted a number of garages and the one with the lowest offer would get the deal. I believe he also spoke to them all at some length over the phone. Basically I think they got the message that we were genuinely looking to place an order asap.

Are there not any dealers not too far away that you could visit?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank ecb for this useful post:
  #29  
Old 06.02.2012, 15:16
annafelix's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 142
Groaned at 10 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 54 Times in 37 Posts
annafelix has no particular reputation at present
Re: Range Rover Evoque

Quote:
View Post
Well yes me too, but we were ordering it when still in the UK. My husband is a buyer by profession so he came up with the bright idea of specifying exactly what we were after, asking for the best price, and saying we had contacted a number of garages and the one with the lowest offer would get the deal. I believe he also spoke to them all at some length over the phone. Basically I think they got the message that we were genuinely looking to place an order asap.

Are there not any dealers not too far away that you could visit?
I'll ask my partner to get some skills from your husband. That will help a lot.;-)

The only nearby garage was in Dreispitz. I am still searching for other possible approachable Land Rover dealers. As I previously said it makes a difference for not having to import the car from uk, but money wise I don't find the solution in Switzerland, just yet.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06.02.2012, 16:45
miniMia's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: romandie
Posts: 9,975
Groaned at 101 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 9,106 Times in 4,522 Posts
miniMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Range Rover Evoque

Quote:
View Post
You are right here. While in UK I didn't buy a car and I had to rely on the british tube and pray not to have another strike. It is really a different thing living in Switzerland. But, on the other hand I'd like to visit the little villages in Switzerland, in France... and I pay too much on renting cars. Not to mention shopping... it's a pain carrying all those things.I am fed up with this "fitness training".
Oh, no. Don't get me wrong. Our house is not on public transport. So we really need two cars. But I'm happy with a Mini and DH only drives to the station during the week. It seems a bit overkill for him to get this beautiful thing only to leave it at the train station. Sad, really. It's gorgeous!

I don't know if you can get a better deal with different Emil Frey garages. When we are ready to order my Mini, I wouldn't hesitate to get in touch with the different Emil Frey's just so see. They can only say No. And you don't get if you don't ask.


Quote:
View Post
No, that's not the case, but I'll PM you ...

I'd like to know the secret too please as I'm planning to order a car at Emil Frey some time soon. Thanks!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 06.02.2012, 18:37
annafelix's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 142
Groaned at 10 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 54 Times in 37 Posts
annafelix has no particular reputation at present
Re: Range Rover Evoque

Hi guys,

As promised I came back with the link for the insurance I found. They have multiple branches and they are supposed to insure me both in Uk and Switzerland.

http://www.nvc.ch/home_en.html
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank annafelix for this useful post:
  #32  
Old 06.02.2012, 19:47
Dantesheaven's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vaud
Posts: 264
Groaned at 9 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 329 Times in 134 Posts
Dantesheaven has a reputation beyond reputeDantesheaven has a reputation beyond reputeDantesheaven has a reputation beyond reputeDantesheaven has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Range Rover Evoque

Quote:
View Post
What you see on that website is the basic prise, without any option. Furthermore , the final price I've obtained from the dealer was 74.900 CHF while in Uk with same options+ delivery will only be around 45.000 GBP. So, I guess the options make the final price.
45K CHF would come to around 65K CHF. Have you factored in the conversion costs to see how close you come. In this economic climate if the dealer knew you were prepared to import it would be worth trying to see if you could negotiate down the price to the point it makes sense to buy local
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Dantesheaven for this useful post:
  #33  
Old 09.02.2012, 12:48
saint7uk's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Samstagern
Posts: 989
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 586 Times in 358 Posts
saint7uk has a reputation beyond reputesaint7uk has a reputation beyond reputesaint7uk has a reputation beyond reputesaint7uk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Range Rover Evoque

Quote:
View Post
Hi guys,

As promised I came back with the link for the insurance I found. They have multiple branches and they are supposed to insure me both in Uk and Switzerland.

http://www.nvc.ch/home_en.html
PM Sent

Many thanks,
David
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank saint7uk for this useful post:
  #34  
Old 09.02.2012, 13:01
annafelix's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 142
Groaned at 10 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 54 Times in 37 Posts
annafelix has no particular reputation at present
Re: Range Rover Evoque

Quote:
View Post
PM Sent

Many thanks,
David
Hi saint7uk,

The Pm is on the way....
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09.02.2012, 13:39
E. Neubauten's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richterswil
Posts: 346
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 267 Times in 141 Posts
E. Neubauten is considered knowledgeableE. Neubauten is considered knowledgeableE. Neubauten is considered knowledgeable
Re: Range Rover Evoque

Have you tried globalcartrading.com? Last time I checked, they offered a 12% discount on the new Evoque.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank E. Neubauten for this useful post:
  #36  
Old 09.02.2012, 15:08
annafelix's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 142
Groaned at 10 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 54 Times in 37 Posts
annafelix has no particular reputation at present
Re: Range Rover Evoque

Quote:
View Post
Have you tried globalcartrading.com? Last time I checked, they offered a 12% discount on the new Evoque.
No, I haven't just yet. It is very good to know.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Range Rover OliverAndrews Transportation/driving 21 01.10.2010 17:25
Would you buy a Range Rover Sport? Castro Jokes/funnies 6 02.06.2009 21:45


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0